Author Topic: PriceCheck Universal Cosmic Alien Cab -- SOLD--  (Read 3330 times)

Rorsach

• View Profile
PriceCheck Universal Cosmic Alien Cab -- SOLD--
« on: November 08, 2011, 01:07:27 PM »
As some of you might remember, i have a nice Universal Cosmic Alien cab in my laying in my stack of to-do projects. Stuff keeps popping up and i can't find the time to begin with it.
The cab is in reasonable good shape and complete, the most important faults are the T-Molding and the cracked marquee. And of course the fact that the game doesn't work. There's stuff on the screen and you can hear it coin-up, but that's all. Perhaps it's something simple like a new Z80, or perhaps it needs a whole stack of new ram chips, i just don't know.

Seeing as i'm new to the hobby i have absolutely no idea what it would be worth, so please enlighten me.

Sorry guys. It's gone.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 10:57:12 PM by Rorsach »

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
Re: PriceCheck Universal Cosmic Alien Cab
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 01:29:58 PM »
0€ sorry to say, so you can just give it to me...  ::)

Fun aside, i don´t know what it´s worth, i looks original and in ok condition... - not often you see those here...

PunkRockCaveman

• View Profile
Re: PriceCheck Universal Cosmic Alien Cab
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 01:33:07 PM »
A bit more than one year ago I payed 350,- for mine, that is in excellent condition. T-molding mint, no scatches on the panel at all, sidearts with no scratches you can see without putting glasses on, PCB was not taking coins at that time (what I could fix in half an hour), monitor is a bit blurry but working. Like I said, excellent condition overall for 350,- (which was a bargain, I must admit). That machine is a real eye catcher! For me one of the cooles artworks ever, even if they are not really related to the gameplay ;)

Thwocker

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Universal Arcade Cabs
Re: PriceCheck Universal Cosmic Alien Cab -- SOLD--
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 08:57:14 AM »
fun story:

I got an email from joeks yesterday, pointing me to a marktplaats ad in which a seller states that he is looking for the buyer of this machine. I bought the machine in 2011, paid for it by bank transfer and was in touch with the seller to arrange pick up. We weren't in a hurry, but then the seller went silent and I never heard back. Turns out that he got sick and normal life got in the way. And then suddenly this. After almost six years, the cab will finally come home  :)
Wanted: everything Universal , Stern and Gottlieb. Currently looking for Computer R3, Curve Ball, Goal to Go, Jungler, Fast Draw, Limbo, No Man's Land and Speed Coin.

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 09:25:26 AM »
Lucky you, after 6 years it is a miracle. :D

slowcade

• Norway
    • View Profile
    • http://slowcade.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 09:51:06 AM »
That's fantastic! Must feel like Christmas x100!  :)

retrocab

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 11:11:08 AM »
yeah saw the ad too
very nice

joeks

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Art Repro
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2017, 11:12:07 AM »
Great to get closure on this :)
Makes Arcade Artwork Reproductions at www.arcadeartrepro.com

Thwocker

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Universal Arcade Cabs
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2017, 11:23:58 AM »
Great to get closure on this :)

you rule!
Wanted: everything Universal , Stern and Gottlieb. Currently looking for Computer R3, Curve Ball, Goal to Go, Jungler, Fast Draw, Limbo, No Man's Land and Speed Coin.