Author Topic: D(ST)eal of the month  (Read 16372 times)

TimePilot

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Atari enthusiast from eastern germany
    • View Profile
D(ST)eal of the month
« on: November 06, 2011, 07:59:31 AM »
Yesterday i has picked up THE Deal of my (arcade) life, a road blasters cockpit for 50 EUR! :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

A full size 1100 km roadtrip with trailer(sorry,no pics), but absolutely ok for this nice catch. And wow, what a beast in size, lenght are over 2,10 meters. :o
the seller has write "non working" in the item discription, but the best part is, it is in working order.  :P ;D
nice, or not?

the sad part is...: i had make a second deal last week with stefan l. from world of arcade for a near empty centipede cab in good condition. on my way back home i had wanted to meet stefan and picked up this cab. but as i arrived he told me, that guys from danish arcade museum has picked up pcbs and 2 cabs from him thursday this week. and they had picked up the centipede too, but stefan has not agree with it! like stefan said, they guys are in his second warehouse short-term without stefan and has taking 3 cabs incl. centipede without an ok. sorry, that was not ok! ::) :(
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 09:01:50 PM by TimePilot »

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
Re: D(ST)eal of the month
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 10:47:45 AM »
Now that's definitely a steal, the arcade police is on it's way to your house as I type!
Goooood catch, Timepilot!

baritonomarchetto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 11:03:39 AM »
Great catch, Rodablasters is a very fun game and the cockpit one of the best-looking ever!

Is the machine complete? Does it work? Tell us more!!   :pac: :pac: :pac:
"A true Gentleman leaves no puzzle unsolved"

speleo_de

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 11:49:15 AM »
Yesterday i has picked up THE Deal of my (arcade) life, a road blasters cockpit for 50 EUR

the sad part is.......  sorry guys, that was not ok! ::) :(

Hi, well that's definitely a steal with this cockpit, if you have the space for it. Officially jealous :)

I'd suggest to be careful, with what the Stefan told you and hear the other side as well. I remember traveling from Munich to Stefan (650 Km..) to find out that he sold my reserved Road Blasters (UR) and other cabs that I wanted to choose from, to other persons. I mean we spoke on the phone before we started the trip ...

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 12:57:13 PM »
 :shock: What kind of person could let you travel so many kilometers just to lie in your face?... just cannot understand the point in that type of behavior...

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 02:04:11 PM »
i am not suprised with stephan from WOL....

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 02:26:45 PM »
The Danish arcade museum guys bought 3 of my cabs in one go:
- Missile Command cabaret
- Atari Dominos (no PCB)
- Meteor

I asked if they would pay the money up front (weeks before the picked them up) and there was no problem at al, they transferred the money the same evening. I was quite amazed by their trust.

SO.....with Stefan's history....I know who I would believe...

TimePilot

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011, 06:55:56 PM »
Yesterday i has picked up THE Deal of my (arcade) life, a road blasters cockpit for 50 EUR

the sad part is.......  sorry guys, that was not ok! ::) :(

Hi, well that's definitely a steal with this cockpit, if you have the space for it. Officially jealous :)
Thanks! Fortunately i had space for one Cockpit and the rb cockpit is a must have for me. atari is my no.1 and this cab has the nice feature with plastic lens over the monitor which enlarges the screen. and for that price... :P ;D

I'd suggest to be careful, with what the Stefan told you and hear the other side as well. I remember traveling from Munich to Stefan (650 Km..) to find out that he sold my reserved Road Blasters (UR) and other cabs that I wanted to choose from, to other persons. I mean we spoke on the phone before we started the trip ...
I know what you mean, for sure. :roll:
But this time, i think stefan has right. but he wanted contact me today and i was not here. i will tell if i know more about that.

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2011, 07:01:59 PM »
the sad part is...: i had make a second deal last week with stefan l. from world of arcade for a near empty centipede cab in good condition. on my way back home i had wanted to meet stefan and picked up this cab. but as i arrived he told me, that guys from danish arcade museum has picked up pcbs and 2 cabs from him thursday this week. and they had picked up the centipede too, but stefan has not agree with it! like stefan said, they guys are in his second warehouse short-term without stefan and has taking 3 cabs incl. centipede, without an ok. sorry guys, that was not ok! ::) :(

THAT IS A BIG FAT LIE!
Just spoke to the guys from Denmark, and this is NOT the way it went down! - they where told they could take whatever they want because he wanted out of the arcade business!!!!

<Upsed mode off:>
Great catch! wow!!!! 50€!!! thats an insane price!!!!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 07:03:37 PM by Muerto »

TimePilot

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 07:11:06 PM »
the sad part is...: i had make a second deal last week with stefan l. from world of arcade for a near empty centipede cab in good condition. on my way back home i had wanted to meet stefan and picked up this cab. but as i arrived he told me, that guys from danish arcade museum has picked up pcbs and 2 cabs from him thursday this week. and they had picked up the centipede too, but stefan has not agree with it! like stefan said, they guys are in his second warehouse short-term without stefan and has taking 3 cabs incl. centipede, without an ok. sorry guys, that was not ok! ::) :(

THAT IS A BIG FAT LIE!
Just spoke to the guys from Denmark, and this is NOT the way it went down! - they where told they could take whatever they want because he wanted out of the arcade business!!!!

I am beginning to think so too, but i will speak with stefan before.

I was on the road and stefan called me at midday and told only 100 km before i arrived to him, that the centipede is missing... it is like speleo said, you drive xxx km´s and than this call just before you're there. for me this is a real nightmare. :'(
fortunately i had to pick up the rb and am not completely driving for nothing.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 07:14:32 PM by TimePilot »

traveller

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2011, 07:51:10 PM »

THAT IS A BIG FAT LIE!

would think so, the danish guys are nice and respectable people, they would NEVER take anything they werent allowed to...

but on the subject 50 euros is a real bargain  :) :)

TimePilot

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2011, 08:11:34 PM »
So, I talked with stefan. :arrow:
the problem is a missunderstanding between stefan and the danish guys. stefan had forgotten to tell these guys that the centipede are definitely sold to me, and after loading the staff has stefan not looking in the car anymore. So no theft or similar, but a communication error between stefan and the danish guys. and the guys has the centipede for free!!! very very sad for me... :'(

Important: Stefan asked that uninvolved people are no longer to write negatively about him in public!
So please don´t leave comments about that. this thread is dedicated to the rb cockpit. thanks!

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2011, 08:33:58 PM »
Important: Stefan asked that uninvolved people are no longer to write negatively about him in public!
So please don´t leave comments about that. this thread is dedicated to the rb cockpit. thanks!

I can imagine he says that...  but thats his own fault i guess...

back to topic, Nice catch for 50€!  :spaceace:

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2011, 08:55:04 PM »

I had some business deals with Stefan and I had no problems.

But I seem to always be lucky with these things, and what Speleo wrote would totally blow my head if it had happened to me.
CKONG was another victim of Stefan and there were many more.
Everything negative written about him is his fault and we are on a free forum here.

He can make up with these guys, he should have plenty of e-mails from them !

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2011, 09:17:30 PM »
Everything negative written about him is his fault and we are on a free forum here.
He can make up with these guys, he should have plenty of e-mails from them !

Could not have said that better myself!

-EDIT-
just been in contact with the good guys from the Danish Arcade Museum, and they didnt misunderstand anything, nor didnt they just take the game:

A mail from Stefan to the danish guys;
"Hallo Rune,

war ein Fehler von mir.

Hätte den Automaten aus der halle holen sollen.

Hab ich ganz vergessen.

Hatte auch nicht drauf geachtet das Ihr in mit nehmt.

Aber alles kein Problem..Habe euch gesagt könnt mit nehmen was ihr wollt.

Ist mein Fehler gewesen.

Ihr habt bestimmt nichts gestohlen...

Ist alles OK so.

War mein Fehler..

Gruß stefan"

Misunderstanding??? NO!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 12:19:46 AM by Muerto »