Author Topic: Euro Dragon's & Ace on Daphne  (Read 11738 times)

MacDLSA

• View Profile
Euro Dragon's & Ace on Daphne
« on: November 09, 2007, 05:28:40 PM »
Hi LaserFans !

All you aroud here could NOW have Euro Dragon's Lair and Space Ace playing on the Daphne emulator !

The newest Daphne Loader upgrade ( v1.0beta-2.1.57 ) allows the auto-download of  your favs ! :)

All you have to do is:
1> Select EUROPEAN ( DL & SA ) or ITALIAN ( Sidam romset , DL ) in the "Configuration-Game/Laserdisc" option
2> Select "Yes,do it automatically" ( download "official" Mpegs from the Internet :) ) on the "Virtual Laser Disc Player Option" window
3> ( LOGICAL !!! :) ) Keep at hand your ORIGINAL Digital Leisure DVD and insert it in your PC's DVD player, when requested, to make Daphne decrypt downloaded files !

> Dragon's Lair is a WONDERFUL PAL conversion , made ( er... by ME ! Heh ! :) ) from a NTSC disc .
This conversion was necessary because we ( me, Teo  and other D-L-P/Daphne members ) could not find any un-rotted original Philips PAL disc .
( ARGH ! :( ... IF THERE'S ANYONE THAT HAVE A GOOD DL Philips DISC , please CONTACT ME ! )

> Space Ace is a good Philips PAL disc capture ( Teo's SA cab LaserDisc ) .

Both games still have some issues , although they can be played almost PERFECTLY ! :D
1> The "standby" phase is not well-emulated : you can hear a kind of "rumble" noise instead of the first several seconds of the audio track , like the "real" game does .
2> Stranges vertical blue lines appear during the Virtual Laser Disc "skip-search" phase .
3> Some times blue screen appears for an instant , instead of remaining a few more seconds , so it could be difficult to see score & remaining lives .
4> Users must set audio "besides VLDP" level on 50% MAXIMUM to toggle a "saturation-distortion" noise .
... all those issues are going to be fixed soon ...

A HUGE thank to Matt_Ownby, chief of the Daphne project , and to Mark Broadhead , producer of the Daphne driver for EuroDL&SA .

Well, Fans , I think that' s all , for now .

Enjoy playing Euro Dragon's Lair and Space Ace !!! :D:):D

Marco"MacDLSA"
Marco"MacDLSA", Daphne Team
irc[dot]enterthegame[dot]com , channels #Daphne / #Lasergames

Havok

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 03:17:08 AM »
I'm sure this is a great thing for you guys on that side of the pond, but it seems to me that all we see is the same old re-hashing on DL and Space Ace. How about something new?

Hello... Firefox?

MacDLSA

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 12:35:05 PM »
Hi Havok.

I think every european guy who played Dragon's Lair and Space Ace in the earlier 80's will enjoy to have those games on their own home PC  ! Here in Europe we could play almost all DL versions , except the australian , so we all know that "our" DL has a gameplay that is VERY DIFFERENT from "your" !
This is the reason of the "new" release !

Something NEW ?

Well ... you know that Daphne is NOT a job . People who worked AND STILL WORKS for it spent and continue to spend a lot of their time to further improve what you can now perfectly play on the emulator !
So why don't you encourage their work ... ? :):)
All of us have done it !
... and someone still do it at least 1 or 2 times / year ...

FireFox ?
I would like to play it on Daphne , too ... but for now I have to play it "only" on the cab !
It's the most difficult LaserGame to be emulated , an this is due to its laser disc scenes arrangement and LDplayer "particular" skip function ...
But I can tell you that ... the project is still running ... :)

Bye

Marco"MacDLSA"
Marco"MacDLSA", Daphne Team
irc[dot]enterthegame[dot]com , channels #Daphne / #Lasergames

mightypirate

• View Profile
Re: Euro Dragon's & Ace on Daphne
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 12:09:12 AM »
YEEAAAHHH !!! ;D ;D ;D
Finally I can see my beloved blue screen again !!!
And now with the latest Daphne version I don' t need to try and try to convert my NTSC footage into PAL !!!  ???
Great job MacDLSA !!!
Tell all the Daphne staff !!! All of you are great !!!  ;D ;)
Thanks a lot !

P.S. I tried for a long time to convert the footage by myself (no way !!!)

scr33n

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Re: Euro Dragon's & Ace on Daphne
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 03:03:38 PM »
I'm too late  :-\ :-X but ...

tested today with Italian and european roms ...

I dropped a tear  :'(, fantastic feeling ... after 28 years (I love the blue screen with score between scenes  :spaceace:)

Love it  :-* :-* :-*

YEEAAAHHH !!! ;D ;D ;D
Finally I can see my beloved blue screen again !!!

+1  :spaceace:
PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber