Author Topic: The warehouse groupbuy  (Read 97734 times)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: The warehouse groupbuy
« Reply #105 on: October 04, 2011, 10:28:53 AM »
Note that i tried a 19" dell vga monitor to fit in a hantarex mtc900 frame, and i came 1 inch short...

They use different points of measurements in monitors.

In my case the glass from the dell is 19" from corner to corner, as the MTC measure 19" viewable..  which means a 20" from glass corner to corner...

still very usable for a mamecab though, only need to mount them different..

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #106 on: October 04, 2011, 10:35:58 AM »
On a positive note about the Zacc's: I remember that there should still be a Super Galaxian(s) by Zacc with GREAT artwork. Or has someone else bought this already ?

For the guys coming over on 8 oct.: The seller will be at the warehouse at 12.00 hr. and so we will be there then as well. PLEASE try to be there between 12.00 and 13.00 hrs., examining and dragging cabs, negotioting price etc. will take plenty of time (the cabs ARE in a maze that Pac Man would be jealous of ;).

We do have to leave by 15.30 hrs.

A note about prices: Expect low prices and personally I think the prices are SO low that there should be very little room for negotiating. I think we shouldn't "pull the ears" of the seller because of that. Don't start negotiating about 10 euro's less for a cab....we would look totally silly IMHO and I want to keep my contact with the seller good.

Also, DO NOT expect minty machines. They are old, have been there for some 30 years and have been in commercial use. Accept what you have seen on the pics as much as possible. Of course it's your call to a final decision to buy or not, but keep reasonable.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #107 on: October 04, 2011, 10:37:52 AM »
Note that i tried a 19" dell vga monitor to fit in a hantarex mtc900 frame, and i came 1 inch short...

In my case the glass from the dell is 19" from corner to corner, as the MTC measure 19" viewable..  which means a 20" from glass corner to corner...

They are not computer monitors Etienne, they are open frame arcade monitors. The computer monitors had a different inch indication than TV's and "normal" monitors.

Erik, did you check this ? It could well be that these are "20"" monitors as well I don't know. But indeed, of course making it fit is up to the buyer :)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 10:39:36 AM by Level42 »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #108 on: October 04, 2011, 10:41:41 AM »
About the adress:

I will PM the address of the warehouse to those who confirmed coming over on FRIDAY night.

rémi 75

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 04, 2011, 10:42:21 AM »
hi
i still want taito cabs, i would like to reserve the Taito phoenix ones , i think that the guy has two in stock and i won't be able to load more than two.
let me know if it's ok
thanks

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #110 on: October 04, 2011, 10:45:06 AM »
hi
i still want taito cabs, i would like to reserve the Taito phoenix ones , i think that the guy has two in stock and i won't be able to load more than two.
let me know if it's ok
thanks
OK, noted. So you will be there next saturday in person ?

kroustibat

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Pascal-O-Rama
« Reply #111 on: October 04, 2011, 10:49:20 AM »
A note about the Breakout(s). My first feeling is that there is only one (super) Breakout left.

Since Gyruss cancelled his reservation (I'm sure he already regrets ;)) Kroustibat is the next on the list and so it is reserved for him.

Of course, IF there are still any (super) breakouts left, the next on the list will be able to get it.

Thanks Andre, much appreciated !

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #112 on: October 04, 2011, 10:53:07 AM »
@Hatster (wanted to PM, but I reached my 5 PMs per hour limit):

You want: Power Drift, Breakout, Super Bug (1/4)

The PD has a settled price of 100 Euro. I'm expecting the Breakout and Super Bug to be lower than that. Maybe 50, or 75 but maybe the seller will say 100....
Let me know your limit per game (PM me) please and I'll try to get a fair price.
Also, I'm going to need the money in my bank account or PayPal ASAP. I suggest you transfer 250 euro, assuming 100 for PD and 75 for Breakout & Super Bug.

Of course, Kroustibat has first call on the Breakout if there is still only one left !!!
Any difference in price will of course be paid back. If you want me to add more cabs (exiidies etc) let me know which and check with your transport if they will fit. Of course add 75 euro per cab ....
You can find the dimensions of the Power Drift sit down ("Deluxe") right here (also note the weight ! ;)
http://flyers.arcade-museum.com/flyers_video/sega/16190002.jpg

hatster

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 04, 2011, 11:01:45 AM »
ok thats my list, can we not pay cash on the day ?

if not I can paypal.

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 04, 2011, 11:20:29 AM »

In my case the glass from the dell is 19" from corner to corner, as the MTC measure 19" viewable..  which means a 20" from glass corner to corner...

They are not computer monitors Etienne, they are open frame arcade monitors. The computer monitors had a different inch indication than TV's and "normal" monitors.

Erik, did you check this ? It could well be that these are "20"" monitors as well I don't know. But indeed, of course making it fit is up to the buyer :)

:oops:  my bad  ;D

hmmm, perhaps i should bring my measurement taperol  ;)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #115 on: October 04, 2011, 11:42:34 AM »
ok thats my list, can we not pay cash on the day ?
But of course you can !  ;D I assumed that since you arranged Dave for tranport you were not coming yourself ?

Paying cash on site is THE way to pay and I will stay out of it as much as possible but since I thought you wouldn't be there yourself....o well...

@Etienne, no worries, you couldnt know. The seller is replacing these CRT monitors with LCDs in gambling machines he still operates.

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 04, 2011, 03:20:04 PM »
To be honest I don't have too much space for more cabs atm. and I don't need them, but I would take the Super Galaxian if it is complete. ;D
I would also use some control panels and bezels, but only if there is nobody else who take the whole cabs and keep them in one piece.
I would also be really happy if some of you take all the Zaccs, restore them to their former glory, and don't leave this mission to me again. ;D

Rorsach

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 04, 2011, 05:23:37 PM »
@Rorsach: Your offer for space is also excellent, maybe even a better option than Polderarcade's location which is near Amsterdam. Roosendaal is a lot closer to Gent, and thus I think the seller will be much more willing to transport them there. On the other hand,you're prettty new here and well.....we have to be honest and we have to know we can trust you of course :) Do you see the possibility to come along next saturday so at least we can meet there ?

No offense here ;)

I´d love to come saturday, but i´ll have to barter with the wife so i can have the car (a nice big stationcar). Perhaps someone somewhere in West-Brabant needs a lift?

I´ll get back to you this evening.

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 04, 2011, 07:05:12 PM »

I see 5 Zacc's there but AFAIR Erik took the Vanguard and also the Scramble.
Erik can you please confirm and ID which machines you have now ?

The second cab is my Vanguard cab. The Scramble isn't on this picture. this is my scramble:

By the way, I might also pick up a Taito cab, but will decide that when I have seen them.

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 04, 2011, 07:12:38 PM »
that looks like a cabinet with the zaccaria bezel and marquee, but ther rest does not look zacc to me  ???

Or do i miss one "model" from zaccaria ?