Author Topic: [Roadtrip] My First Pinball  (Read 46086 times)

Vnera

• View Profile
Re: [Roadtrip] My First Pinball
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2011, 06:33:26 PM »
Great catch!

Regarding 'real' pinballs, I'm sure you'll change your mind when you'll try my Cirqus Voltaire  :P  ;)

Jup Ully don't understand why you hate real pinball machines. I didn't like them at first but then i played monster bash and was sold.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2011, 12:56:11 AM »
HOW IN THE HELL CAN YOU HATE PINBALL!!!!

quite a few reasons! first of all, i really think pinballs are damn ugly with those spider legs. seeing a row of pinballs and comparing them to a row of videogames is like comparing a dog with a cat :P.
second, there's no variation in pinballs, all you have are those two flippers on the left and right and that's it, in video games you have joysticks, trackballs, guns, hell sometimes you even have boobs.
third, i think pinballs are too noisy and there's too much going on with all that blinking, beeping and whatever. i also think that the scoring is impossible to follow, you never know exactly where you got all those zillion points. believe me, i've tried pinballs dozens of times, but got bored and irritated quickly every single time. circus voltaire will not be different than all the others!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

jcp

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2011, 12:21:17 PM »
Ully : the ElectroMechanic pinball is the way to follow  :-*.
Anyways, that's another great roadtrip : thanks for sharing :spaceace:.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2011, 12:36:41 PM »
Ully : the ElectroMechanic pinball is the way to follow  :-*.

Really ?? I can't stand them anymore, seriously. Back in the day the EMs were replaced by the "high speed" one's I thought those new things were WAY too fast and I found the scoring insane (hit a bump, score 500000 points ?!?!)

But now......It's weird, but I find EM's to be way to slow and boring. All the "toys" are the same on them...it's weird but that's what happened, I love the 80s videogames, but when it comes to pinball I prefer 90's and later machines...

jcp

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2011, 01:05:02 PM »
André,

where is the spinning target, the roto-target ... in the 90's pinballs ?
The EM pinballs are more interesting if you like the game of skill, the initial purpose of a pinball.
About the artwork and the quality of making, there were ahead of these 90's pinballs.
 :spaceace:

subzero1970

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Steves Scale Arcade Models
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2011, 10:49:13 AM »
HOW IN THE HELL CAN YOU HATE PINBALL!!!!

quite a few reasons! first of all, i really think pinballs are damn ugly with those spider legs. seeing a row of pinballs and comparing them to a row of videogames is like comparing a dog with a cat :P.
second, there's no variation in pinballs, all you have are those two flippers on the left and right and that's it, in video games you have joysticks, trackballs, guns, hell sometimes you even have boobs.
third, i think pinballs are too noisy and there's too much going on with all that blinking, beeping and whatever. i also think that the scoring is impossible to follow, you never know exactly where you got all those zillion points. believe me, i've tried pinballs dozens of times, but got bored and irritated quickly every single time. circus voltaire will not be different than all the others!

Whats hes really saying folks is he sucks at pinball am i right? LOL

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2011, 11:09:46 AM »
Whats hes really saying folks is he sucks at pinball am i right? LOL

;D you're probably right, but i suck at other video games as well and still like them.

when pong came out in 1972 the instructions were "avoid missing ball for hi-score". since then video games have evolved a lot, gameplay has changed. pinballs have been around for i don't know how many years, but the instructions are still the same: "avoid missing ball for hi-score"! and this goes for every single game out there ... :P puh, sounds complicated and full of variation!

but as andré always says, "to each his own" and i totally agree with him. however, you will never see me get a real pinball and i will never like playing them for all the above-mentioned reasons! it simply is not my type of game. period!!!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2011, 11:31:29 AM »
Soon for sale: (master)fully restored Video Pinball  ;D ;D ;D ;D Pick up location south of Germany :

Honestly VP plays a LOT like a 80's EM pinball.

subzero1970

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Steves Scale Arcade Models
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2011, 06:33:16 PM »
and as a VP pinball creator (and FP) i cannot agree that every game is the same, each different pinball requires different skills to achieve super high scores. I remember getting over 400 million in lethal weapon 3 pinball once....awesome! :)

robotype

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2011, 11:51:06 AM »
nice find ully! I was scrolling very slow to try guess the pin and I started laughing after 2 pixels...a friend of mine has the bertolino version but it never worked, the pcb was faulty and we gave it to a guy to fix it who said it was impossible to fix and returned the pcb but he decided to keep the roms...here are the pictures of my friend's game: