Author Topic: Eurocade 2011 - Cavemans Report  (Read 7765 times)

PunkRockCaveman

• View Profile
Eurocade 2011 - Cavemans Report
« on: September 05, 2011, 04:45:43 PM »
Hi everyone.

So here are my pics ... when I see all the other great road reports I come to the conclusion that I need more practice. My pics suck compared to the others but here we go ;)

PCB prepared for traveling. Since PP II is such a sensitve game, I decided to pull it out of the cab to avoid a doa.

I have no idea who this guy is or why he's taking pictures of me. Just in case the police is looking for some strange photo stalker the next days I took a picture of him myself. After a little chat, I decided to take him with me. His name was Jochen (bencao74). ;)

Never travel without supplies ...

No space for more gadgets ... I think my next car will be a transporter ;)

Finally there (after about six hours and a dozend traffic jams)

What a beautiful sight already!

One man and his precious ...

The backrow with the brilliant Bezerk. I definately have to get my hands on one of these :D

Very nice Mario Bros.. Unfortunately I have to admint, that I have only played it one coin. Stupid me :(

DK in perfect condition. I love it.

Space Pirate also in wonderful condition. Very nice green vector.

Gravitar. Never played that before (of course). So hard but so cool. One of my favorites on the Eurocade.

Anyone need a top ten classic game? They are all here ...

The crew at work. BTW: Thank you guys for the perfect event.

A little test with the lights out. Looking good for me.

The other day. When we arrived there were already new cabs and pinball machines set up ... and the crew got their t-shirts ;)

@!#?@! - That must be "just try to beat my insane highscore" in english.

Damn, this game is big.

Sigh. Why is this not my place.

The red tent was very cool! I would love to have one of these too.

Star Wars cockpit ... bringing back memories. This was one of the few dedicated cabs I played as a kid. Someday I might donate some organs to some rich folk in exchange of that cab.

Ice Cold Beer. I love it all the way. The cab and the real stuff but mainly the cab of course. ;)

Another lesson learned: I have to get one of these new school pinball machines. I already have a System 11 pinball but the gadget stacked new ones are cool too. Somebody wants to swap a Pin*Bot for a Tales of the Arabian? :D

T2 in very good condition. I might go for that one, because it's for sale right now. I just have to convince Mrs. Caveman that this years vacation is defered till next year ;)

So, that's it. Thanks again for the wonderful weekend and see you again at the eurocade 2012!!!

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
Re: Eurocade 2011 - Cavemans Report
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 05:20:16 PM »
actually, i did like your pics and YES, a berzerk is a must. the thing is: that game looks so damn basic, it can't even get more basic than that, but the gameplay is so freaking addictive!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 07:53:19 PM »
Hey caveman!, excellent report, nothing wrong with it !

And yes, i like the pics too very much.

Especially this:

Its the picture that i missed in my collection !

Thanks a million for that !  :spaceace:

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 08:02:08 PM »
Love the pics too (of course they are arcade pics).
Hey, by the way PRC, I think you forgot your hat on the top of my Asteroids.  ;D ;D

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 08:10:02 PM »
Thanks for these pictures, PunkRockCaveman!

I really appreciated to play on your PP2  :-*

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 08:28:29 PM »
actually, i did like your pics and YES, a berzerk is a must. the thing is: that game looks so damn basic, it can't even get more basic than that, but the gameplay is so freaking addictive!
Hah, yeah, I showed the hardware "slide out" board to Andreas on sunday and we both concluded that the number of boards and size of them must have been total overkill for a "simple" game like that. Even in those days. But who cares, it definitely is one of the favorites in my collection (much to my own surprise).

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 09:10:14 PM »
Great pics PRC, and it was nice to meet you again. The beer was great too, unfortunately they were gone very soon and we had to switch to the Hungarian beer, which was also nice.

Hope to see you again at the next Eurocade edition.

PunkRockCaveman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 09:41:33 PM »
Thanks a lot everyone. :) I will definitely be on the next Eurocade ... wherever it may be ;)!! I'm also glad that the PP II survived the trip and that the people enjoyed playing it. The Bezerk boardset is killer indeed. @chrischris: I don't think, that was my hat, I only take it off when I sleep and ... hmmm, I don't think it's appropriet to speak about the other occasion here ;) @ckong: next time I hope I can come with the trailer. Then I bring a few more crates of the good old Hansa Rotlicht. I think we will find the solutions of all the other problems of live then ;););)

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 10:37:23 PM »
Speaking of Berzerk boardsets don't forget to check my new signature  ::)
Hey, after all Eurocade did prove (if needed) that arcade miracles can happen, can't they?!

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 09:30:12 PM »
Cool report, it was really nice to meet you and have a "couple" of drinks together. ;D

sebastianguy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011, 07:30:53 PM »
Realli Nice pics