Author Topic: The Official Eurocade Roadtrip / Transport Topic  (Read 27568 times)

atarimania

• View Profile
    • Atarimania
Re: The Official Eurocade Roadtrip / Transport Topic
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2011, 09:40:37 PM »
Let's go to Eurocade !!!!!!

Departure : 5.30am.... Two cabinets on a CLASS A !!! Not too bad  ;D

Have You Played Atari Today ?

ElPancho

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2011, 10:00:04 PM »
Really sorry to add some more bad news ....

We've worked all day and evening trying to get rid of this one last fault on BK.

Gameplay is fine but when it's in the game-over-sequence a random sound lauches (one that shouldn't play during attract mode) and the displays start acting wierd when this occurs.

We just can't figure out why it does that. This morning we were still pretty confident we'd find the problem, but we've simply run out of time now.

I do come in good spirtis tomorrow though. With the Marv dvd's I promised to bring a while back.
Really looking forward meeting all you guys tomorrow. Hope your toe doesn't ruin it too much for you André.

And thank you guys for all the pictures of the cabs that _will_ be making it to to Eurocade, that really cheers me up, knowing this event will still be a succes even after some throw backs.
current line up: 3 x New Astro City 2x Atomiswave SD, 3 x Aero (2 NOS) and Aero Table
Pac Man
Black Knight pinball
On the way: Daytona USA

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2011, 10:39:49 PM »
I'm sure that many cabs will make it to Eurocade...let's see how many work once unloaded and through the evening  ;D

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2011, 10:53:04 PM »

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2011, 11:06:59 PM »
Ok, the 'Bert is on board  8)  :arrow:

...and also the brand new 'DLF/ALS banner', to be exhibited for the very first time  :-*  :arrow:

Departure tomorrow around 6:00am.

Have a safe trip and see ya all tomorrow  :)

:spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2011, 11:43:58 PM »
I sadly have to add my share of bad news here, sorry about that.
KID and I (at my modest level) have been working a lot on my SI for the past weeks to get it ready for Eurocade.
Everything was working fine, I even played it with my son this afternoon.
(believe me this is the real thing and it's setting a strong difference between emulation and 100% original dedicated)
Later, I went on the forum and saw Muerto's pics about his MC brought back to life.
I felt like doing the same and I went downstairs with my camera, just when I turned the cab on at 7pm tonight: nothing on the screen, just a very loud and annoying sound.
The PCB died this afternoon, even though the cab hadn't been moved at all...  ??? ??? ???
Guys I'm so pissed off and sad right now.
The only reachable cab in such short notice is my beloved Asteroids, so I loaded it in the trailer today along with the Out Run.
I know André is already bringing an Asterock but hey at least even if people don't play with my game they can always play "spot the 7differences".
Truly hope you fellow DLFers understand  :-\ :-\ :-\
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 04:03:13 PM by chrischris »

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2011, 12:47:22 AM »
i've got some bad news, guys - and i already "warned" andré about it: the problem is that patrik's father has parked the giant harvester so stupidly in front of the cabinets in the storage that it is IMPOSSIBLE to get any of them out - they are simply blocked in the back. why doesn't he simply drive it out again, you might ask? well, the harvest is over and like every year he has already removed the battery from the machine (so that it doesn't leak or drain over winter) which makes it impossible to start / move it. you guys don't know patrik's dad, but if i asked him to re-install the battery to move the harvester he would most likely kill me - seriously! well, i walked over to the other side of the storage, but there are only cabs in semi-working condition (like the mad planets which has a very blury picture most of the time) or cabs which are already there (pole position).

would it be ok if i brought my entire vectrex collection instead (including the famous 3d imager)? i know it's not a cab and most of us have already played vectrex, but i think i have all the original games that have been released, so i'm pretty sure there are games there which you guys haven't played yet (polar rescue for example). would that be an option?

:o

But don't you have any nice cab in your apartment that you could bring? For instance the wizard of wor, we heard that one of the attendants tomorrow is interested in it and it would be great if he could play the game.

Anyway, you surely should be able to bring one nice game out of your great collection. Please do your best, you will succeed in choosing a nice game.

The Vectrex collection is nice, but not really necessary. See you tomorrow (today I mean).

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2011, 01:01:45 AM »
This is funny, Erik just posted from my Mac downstairs and I am in bed with my iPad writing this :)

Loads of bad luck, but there's also good news:
We have had ALL cabs running from when they arrived and only one showed a tiny problem. It was my Centi, and man is it great to have gained some experience in this hobby. The archer was jumping weirdly and in attract there was some erratic characters on screen.....my first hunch was right right away: The +5V voltage was too low, 4.81 V on the board. Adjusted pot, problem fixed. ALL other machines ran fine, even the Star Wars. There are some issues with the Puckman like no sound and a bit whacky screen (although Etienne improved it a lot already !) but thats about it.

Drive safely and we'll have a great day tomorrow !

polderarcade

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2011, 08:41:55 AM »
Okew round two waiting for transportation

lesson one don’t do this every week, that ting is heavy :P

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2011, 02:53:54 PM »
Okay, as i wanted to report the complete weekend, i will continue here:

https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=2926.0

See you there  ;)

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2011, 08:28:49 AM »
Got home last night, and was pretty tired, but that dosent matter because it was AWESOME to attend the first EuroCade !!! Pics later, the few there are....

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2011, 03:06:15 PM »
..................With the Marv dvd's I promised to bring a while back..........

I just watched 1,5 DVD, and i TOTALLY LOVE THEM !

Thanks again Onno!  :spaceace:

ps @ Andre & Chris, when we meet for the "mariobrothers sideart extraction operation"  we should make that video that we talked about in the past...  ;D
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 03:08:44 PM by Etienne »

ElPancho

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2011, 03:29:41 PM »
Your welcome Etienne.

Although I don't have the complete series (I Think), I brought all the Marv's dvds I do have.

And yes, gotta love those crazy, but skilled guys. Glad you like them ! I had a great laugh watching these.
current line up: 3 x New Astro City 2x Atomiswave SD, 3 x Aero (2 NOS) and Aero Table
Pac Man
Black Knight pinball
On the way: Daytona USA