Author Topic: Cinematronics DL with WG monitor question  (Read 4349 times)

Mickey_Moose

• View Profile
Cinematronics DL with WG monitor question
« on: August 17, 2011, 03:02:23 PM »
Hi, ok my Dragon's Lair came with the Well Gardner 49xx monitor and I can't seem to find any info on how to hook up the NTSC card for this monitor. Now the RGB (plug P203) output seems self explanitory, but where does the power connections for the card connect to (ie. P204 plug)? Do I make the connections to the monitor board or someplace else (pictures would be nice). ;)

Thank you for any info.

Cheers,

italiandoh

• Italy
    • View Profile
Re: Cinematronics DL with WG monitor question
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 06:56:59 PM »
Have a look here. You need to provice Vcc on BOTH pins 1 and 2, GND on pin 3 of P204.

Matteo

Mickey_Moose

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 11:59:14 PM »
Have a look here. You need to provice Vcc on BOTH pins 1 and 2, GND on pin 3 of P204.

Matteo

Thanks, I have that info, but was wondering where the power comes from. Do I pull from someplace off the monitor chassis or run some other power source? That is the question. ;)

Cheers,

italiandoh

• Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 01:25:44 AM »
Whatever you prefer. Either wire the correct voltage off your monitor chassis (GND is already connected) or wire both GND and +Vcc from the power supply. I don't know what is the exact model of your monitor so I cannot suggest any connection point. Have a look at the schematics of your monitor and find out by yourself if you want to go that route.

Matteo