Author Topic: Finny's Museum.... Any New News?  (Read 6680 times)

Sonic 1992

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • I Wanna Go Back !
    • View Profile
Finny's Museum.... Any New News?
« on: July 24, 2011, 06:21:23 AM »
A while back there was talk of Finny's Dragon's Lair Museum.... It's been a while.... Anyone have any updates on this?   Also, Finny hasn't been on the boards in a while... (unless I missed him)   Is he doing ok?

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile

Sonic 1992

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • I Wanna Go Back !
    • View Profile
Re: Finny's Museum.... Any New News?
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 07:07:58 AM »
Just reviving my question.... Any new news? 

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 08:32:16 AM »
didn't he sell everything off?
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Currycowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 07:50:15 PM »
Most of it sold. Just bought a number of machines from him.  He still has an Australian (one of only 3 in the world) DL which I believe is for sale.
Haven't met a nicer bloke in ages. Proper old school, top man!! :)

FINNY(uk)

• View Profile
    • http://www.jasonfinn.com
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 07:26:09 PM »
Hey.....all you bunch of old farts!!!!

Sonic, Baz, Am still about, lurking in the background mate!!

Well guys getting the new house built cost me double what originally thought, and as you all know, when we need money we turn to whats worth the most, thus being my collection, its very sad, as once I arrived at my destination of acquiring all the different versions of DL, DL2, and SA I needed big lumps of Money to finish the house, so I started digging into the collection and started getting Big chunks of Money and found the collection didnt seem to be thinning, well the story goes on, keep chipping at something and eventually its gone, I kept my USA NOS DL2,
and My MINT Dedicated Space Ace, and a as New Cinematronics DL, these will be buried with me  ;D DL has a very special place in my heart, the childhood memories are priceless, so I will always be around.

I'll post some pics soon of my slightly "Smaller" gameroom under my house,  I say slightly because its most probabley about 20 times smaller ;D

I hope you guys are doing well, and I promise to post more and be much more active,

Warren, thanks for the words mate, it was great meeting you, and to everyone here.... Warren "CurryCowboy" is an asset to this community, pleasures mine my friend!!!

-Finny
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 07:28:01 PM by FINNY(uk) »
"Aim for the Moon! if you fall short your be with the Stars"

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 08:39:47 AM »
Sorry to hear that. If you sold a lot of cabs, you can build a smaller house. So you need less money and you can keep your cabs.....erm, there's a mistake somewhere....let me think of it....  ;)

Your gameroom is 20 times smaller than before??? How big was it in your early plans???  :o

Sonic 1992

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • I Wanna Go Back !
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 09:58:26 PM »
Hey, Glad to hear you are doing fine... Hope all is well with your new house!  :D   Updates Please!!!

Sorry that you had to sell some of your collection... I had to do the same to take care of expenses.  When you were not around for a while, and someone mentioned you had to sell, I was afraid of the worst news...  I was afraid a "curse of the collectors" was going around, after what happened to Peter Herschburg (he lost everything  :'( )

Anyway... Glad you are ok!!!!   and still jealous of your amazing DL/SA  collection!!!!    :D