Author Topic: How to store cabs  (Read 2479 times)

PunkRockCaveman

• View Profile
How to store cabs
« on: July 20, 2011, 09:36:10 AM »
Hi everyone.

As we all know, space is one of the major problems with our hobby. So I am looking for the best practice to store some stuff and the cabs that I don't want to sell. I have a big garage. It's not heated (of course) and it's freezing in there in the winter but it's the only room I can afford at the moment.

So how store stuff in there? First thought: I rip the pcbs and all the electronic stuff incl. the chassis out, bubblewrap all the goods and put them into a big box. The cab itself is placed on top a pallet and also wrapped in plastic. How about that idea? Will the cab last a few years without getting messed up from humidity and stuff this way? Is it a good idea to leave the tube in there? How and where do you store your spare cabs?

I have to make a decission on this topic till the weekend otherwise a friend will come over and pick up the After Burner ... I actually don't want to sell that game if I find a good spot for it to stay till I have a gameroom big enough to hold even the games I don't like that much but that are nice additions to the collection ;)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
Re: How to store cabs
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 06:37:05 PM »
i have my "spare cabs" stored in a shed, but they are lifted up from the ground (at least most of them) - basically the same as putting them on a pallet. i rarely remove anything, sometimes the pcbs, sometimes the monitor, but most of the time i leave everything in the cab (although i had thought about removing the pcbs from time to time), because the temperature in there doesn't change too much throughout the year. what i would NOT do is wrap them up in some kind of bubble wrap, because you might get humidity in there which would totally ruin the cab!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!