Author Topic: Dragon's Lair Music and Sound  (Read 4522 times)

DarkSoul520

• View Profile
Dragon's Lair Music and Sound
« on: August 07, 2007, 10:55:30 PM »
I am currently working on a movie in the style of DL and am looking for music and sounds from the game.  Is there anyplace I get some?

http://www.pixelpower.on.ca/dl/DOWNLOAD.HTM

I found some sounds there by downloading the desktop theme and taking out the WAV files.

If there isn't a place to download them, is there anyway to extract the sound from the games themselves?   I thought that may be possible with the old DOS or Amiga version of DL, but I am unsure.

Thanks in Advance!

~DarkSoul520

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 08:58:25 AM »
Hi DarkSoul,

You can use the recorder included in Windows in order to record some sounds of the game  :wink:

You can easy capture the music of the attract mode, because it's playing on the right chanel (the annonciator voice is on left chanel).

The Daphne voice is -on some scenes- on a specific chanel too (during the fight against Singe the Dragon by exemple)  8)

Good luck for your project  (can we have more information 'bout it by the way ? )  :o

DarkSoul520

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 08:31:28 PM »
Well, I call it "Danger Steve" and you watch him try to get his iPod back from the evil clutches of Tyler.  It plays out like Dragon's Lair, except that you watch it rather than play it.  I plan on recording a "Attract Mode" like clip for a Trailer to show off before I show everyone the final product.

This isn't going to be extremely High Budget and everything, but this is kind of my tribute to Dragon's Lair.