Author Topic: Galaxian 3d diy gyroscopic ?  (Read 8923 times)

caincan

• View Profile

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Re: Galaxian 3d diy gyroscopic ?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 11:00:03 PM »
Yeps, I've already check these pictures... It looks like he tried to reproduce the display (360° panorama vision) of the famous GH-28 model (Galaxian³ for 28 players, see here), but I don't really understand which source has been used for this test? I would say he used one static picture, that one  :arrow:

...and display that picture, divided by 16 and projected into that 360 concave lens/mirror, and this is the result  :arrow:

Maybe some Japanese Galaxian³ experts here may translate 'that experiment' in English?  ;)

Toykyle

• We saved GT-6. Now it's time to save GH-16 & GH-28
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 10:56:21 PM »
Sorry to bump this topic, but wow where did he get that such monstrous laserdisc?  :shock: I'd love to see that such monster into the computer. Idk what has happened to it now,  but this is monstrously awesome, having this 28-player galaxian 3.Now I'd die to see that one ;D by the way where'd he get that laserdisc?

zxthehedgehog

• 3D Artist, MIDI Editor, & Infrequent Hedgehog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 02:10:40 AM »
He didn't.
This is a still, most likely posted by Namco to show the 16-screen tech. A laserdisc may not even truly still exist, but reconstruction from what we have may be possible. However, it would most likely not be like the original.
Check out my Youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/zxthehedgehog42!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Check, one, two. Seeegaaa...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Toykyle

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 04:56:09 AM »
Darn. I didn't know that. So the laserdisc still only belongs to namco :( so this is all what's left. We can save galaxian 3 theater 6 but we can't save gh28 nor gh16. How very tragic and sad.

Toykyle

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 02:17:52 PM »
I might be wrong but according to google translate, one japanese member (I can't believe I quickly forgot his name) was allowed to show the 28 player version once at the arcade museum on somewhat galaxian3 20th anniversary, 2010. I could be wrong though.

Toykyle

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 04:53:46 AM »
Just saw the video showing the entire laserdiscs video of galaxian 3 attraction at nicovideo. Not good quality and too dark but here's the link:

http://sp.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm11433988