Author Topic: My holy grail is waiting in front of my door  (Read 23875 times)

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
Re: My holy grail is waiting in front of my door
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2011, 10:34:54 PM »
Now bring it inside and unwrap this beauty, Kroustibat !!

jcp

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2011, 10:44:31 PM »
And stop playing Pascal, we need pics now ;D !

kroustibat

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Pascal-O-Rama
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2011, 05:18:56 AM »
Unfortunalty, i can not find anyone to help to bring it inside ,not even a friendly neightbour :( so I got no choice to leave it outside for this night.

And to add up,the ex owner of my house broke into my garden and rob the kid's swing.. So I needed to complains to the police and check for witnesses.

If you wonder why I post so early,it s not that I couldn't sleep having the cab outside, but I have to pickup a relatives in Brussels airport... But still I checked the cab :):):)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 05:40:35 AM by kroustibat »

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2011, 11:13:48 PM »
As in the old saying: the waiting is the best part... NOT!
(sorry to hear about the troubles with your ex-owner).

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2011, 11:19:03 PM »
Unfortunalty, i can not find anyone to help to bring it inside ,not even a friendly neightbour :( so I got no choice to leave it outside for this night.

And to add up,the ex owner of my house broke into my garden and rob the kid's swing.. So I needed to complains to the police and check for witnesses.

If you wonder why I post so early,it s not that I couldn't sleep having the cab outside, but I have to pickup a relatives in Brussels airport... But still I checked the cab :):):)

I hope you invited your relatives to your home so they could help you, in return for picking them up from the airport ;) ;) ;)
(Esp. fun if they have a huge jet-lag) :P

kroustibat

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Pascal-O-Rama
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2011, 09:34:09 AM »
I hope you invited your relatives to your home so they could help you, in return for picking them up from the airport ;) ;) ;)
(Esp. fun if they have a huge jet-lag) :P
it's my wife'aunt from new jersey coming for my son's 1st bday, 60 years old and 1,4 meter tall , definetly not the body for our hobby  ;D ;D ;D

I finaly succeeded to get the smgp cab inside, as it was no way it'd spend another night outside. So thanks to a great neightbour who came to the rescue and my brother in law (level42: it's my buddy for the powerdrift rt ).Unfortunalty i forgot my digital cam at my dad's house last easter, so pictures are taken with a crap cam. No pictures of the transfert to the garage , as our 6 arms were all busy :)

so gentlemen , here's my austiran beauty  :)

unavoidable yellowed marquee

right side is complete but a bit damaged, left side is in better shape but missing a part. but All in all , it'd be possible to scan and redo them :)

some wood damage at the back

sitting next to her dutch brother ;)

overall in really great condition, i didn't turned it on yet because of her crazy humid night out yesterday, and i still need to change the power plug (seems we are the only contry with round plug requiring a ground pin). Level42 don't forget that for Eurocade :)

thanks again Ully to make a dream comes true (c) disney   :D

« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 09:43:51 AM by kroustibat »

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2011, 10:07:31 AM »
Congrats on your catch, i like the marque very much!

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2011, 10:07:49 AM »
I happy you managed to bring it inside!
Now you can cruise the streets of Monaco with your monster,... honk 3 times if you see Stephanie  ;)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 10:48:25 PM by chrischris »

kroustibat

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Pascal-O-Rama
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2011, 10:15:39 AM »
I happy you managed to bring it inside!
Now you can cruise the streets of Monaco with your monster,... honk 3 times if you see Stephanie  ;)

LOL  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Silly you !! now i gonna have that song in my head. Let's add that to Eurocade Jukebox   ;D ;D

that remind me a story. A pal went sigthseeing in monaco. when lunch time arrived, he entered in a Ferrari reseller showroom , disturbed a seller who was busy with a customer and asked for the nearest mc donald , the guy was really pissed off ;D ;D
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 10:35:58 AM by kroustibat »

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2011, 10:44:06 AM »
Omg, that is awesome looking!!! - and only with minor "injuries"
That sure is a nice cab, and yes, SuperÜlly is tha man!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2011, 12:00:14 PM »
that remind me a story. A pal went sigthseeing in monaco. when lunch time arrived, he entered in a Ferrari reseller showroom , disturbed a seller who was busy with a customer and asked for the nearest mc donald , the guy was really pissed off ;D ;D
....which shows he's a bad salesman, as he should have politely help him....who knows, maybe he was coming back for a Testarossa after the McDonalds and was he "testing" the salesman :P

I first thought that "marquee" (it's cool by the way) was a gold color, but I guess it used to be white ? There is an explanation to "fight" that yellowing somewhere on the internet....don't have the link right here...

Indeed a good tip about that Krousti, had forgotten. It has annoyed me several times when I was either in Belgium working on machines or buying machines from Belgium to try them here....I remember a certain warehouse raid ;)

Anyway, as long as you use these kind of plugs:

on your machine you can use them everywhere in Europe (except some strange islands of the coast of course :P :P :P ;) ;) ;))

Only Belgium and France still have that strange extra grounding pin....time to UNIFY friends ! :D
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 12:01:52 PM by Level42 »

kroustibat

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Pascal-O-Rama
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2011, 01:36:05 PM »
I first thought that "marquee" (it's cool by the way) was a gold color, but I guess it used to be white ? There is an explanation to "fight" that yellowing somewhere on the internet....don't have the link right here...

No, it should be white (maclaren marlboro colours). if i want to get it white, i'll have to destroy the stickers (paint or i need to dip it in a chimic bath) :<

EDIT : just noticed the post of lonewolf, the plastic recover product is retr0bright  http://retr0bright.wikispaces.com/

I never saw any artwork on the net available, it'll be a gud opportunity ;)

Only Belgium and France still have that strange extra grounding pin....time to UNIFY friends ! :D

but having a ground is supposed to be better, so we are high tech ;)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 01:41:00 PM by kroustibat »

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2011, 01:37:30 PM »
We do have ground ofcourse, just not this annoying pin  ;)

EDIT:

instead of
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 02:05:44 PM by Etienne »

kroustibat

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Pascal-O-Rama
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2011, 01:44:41 PM »
We do have ground ofcourse, just not this annoying pin  ;)

oh ok ;)

EDIT: your system is wayyyyyyy better ^^
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 03:53:30 PM by kroustibat »

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2011, 06:41:03 PM »
thanks again Ully to make a dream comes true (c) disney   :D

no problem at all, pascal, i'm glad i could help you make your dream come true. i have to admit, this is a cool-looking cabinet you have there, i've never played the arcade version, but i'm pretty sure i'll be able to do so at your place one day! have fun with it, you deserve it!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!