Dragon's Lair Fans - Arcade Lifestyle
March 24, 2017, 12:59:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ALS'/DLF' : your daily dose of Arcade Life Style...inside the Dragon's Lair!

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: DEFENDER - Scratch Built Replica  (Read 37831 times)
baritonomarchetto
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2011, 10:04:00 PM »

Scr33n is back on the road! Nice machine, surely worth to reproduce  Space Ace

"A true Gentleman leaves no puzzle unsolved"

Golden Axe Myth RELEASED!
scr33n
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2011, 12:12:55 PM »

Hey for this project I need another tv/monitor ...

No problem, today a mini roadtrip (20Km one way) to pickup a nice Tv/Monitor 

20  Shocked Space Ace Kiss not bad for a almost new crt tv.

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber
Etienne MacGyver
ArcadeLifeStyler'

The Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2011, 09:45:23 PM »

That is indeed money well spend ! , thats a steal !

Looking for Repro Decals ?  Visit my webstore !  arrow  http://www.easywebshop.com/arcadedecals
leonk

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2011, 05:35:14 AM »

Damn it!!! Im so jealous, here in Canada were stuck with NTSC so no rgb input for us...
Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2011, 09:25:15 AM »

ok, second set of measures! but let me start with a picture of the cutout on the upper back first arrow

see what i mean when talking abot the angle?

anyway, here are the next measures you need for your porject:

30 = 50.3
31 = 20.1
32 = 18.0
33 = 44.5
34 = 16.5
35 = 47.0
36 = 10.0
37 = 3.0
38 = 9.5
39 = 66.4
40 = 145.7
41 = 24.5
42 = 53.5
43 = 3.6
44 = 1.4

let me add this: getting some of those measures is not easy because of some curves / angles involved, therefore no guarantee for the accuracy - would be cool if someone else with a defender cab could double-check. this is the first time i've taken measures for a scratch-built cabinet and what i've learned is this: without an original cab as a template to copy on a cnc machine, a reproduction cabinet can only be a very close approximation. what i would like to do is take one of scr33n's famous blueprints and put it on the side of a real cabinet to find out how accurate they really are. i'm sure they are extremely close, but how close would be interesting to see.

@max: perhaps you could send one of your blueprints over once you've created it for some final adjustments?

all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!
scr33n
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2011, 10:44:06 AM »

Thanks Ully!!!!  Kiss Kiss Space Ace Space Ace

Wooaahh this air-grille is difficult to replicate (I'll see  confused) thanks for the pic.

let me add this: getting some of those measures is not easy because of some curves / angles involved, therefore no guarantee for the accuracy - would be cool if someone else with a defender cab could double-check. this is the first time i've taken measures for a scratch-built cabinet and what i've learned is this: without an original cab as a template to copy on a cnc machine, a reproduction cabinet can only be a very close approximation. what i would like to do is take one of scr33n's famous blueprints and put it on the side of a real cabinet to find out how accurate they really are. i'm sure they are extremely close, but how close would be interesting to see.

Yes this for sure, very difficult to replicate with great accuracy, but I try my best with your help and with cab-profile found on the net  Tongue

... then ... the original cabs, were all identical? Mmmmhhh I've some doubts  roll eyes

Now I can start to plan ...  Roll Eyes Cool

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber
Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2011, 10:54:44 AM »

Yes this for sure, very difficult to replicate with great accuracy, but I try my best with your help and with cab-profile found on the net  Tongue

if anyone can do it, it's you max! good luck with the built and if you need anything else, just let me know! once again, confirmation of the measures i took would probably help ...

all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!
leonk

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2011, 06:36:31 AM »

Does it matter, the grill angle accuracy? you'll never see it!   lol
scr33n
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2011, 10:11:38 PM »

Ully please  oppps I need again your help on the last four (I hope  Undecided) measures  Tongue

as always ... when you've time:

not so simple to plan this time ...  Lips Sealed

THANKS!!!

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber
scr33n
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2011, 08:52:39 PM »

Yesterday I received the first package from US:  Space Ace

a very big package from Arcadeboneyard.com:

inside:

Cool

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber
polaris

veni vidi congai

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2011, 10:46:36 PM »

do you have a joystick, there is a replica now on arcadeshop de if youve not seen it  Smiley

just keeping an eye on things
Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2011, 12:10:41 PM »

Yesterday I received the first package from US:  Space Ace
a very big package from Arcadeboneyard.com:

i'm always impressed how you manage to find stuff there. arcadeboneyard has the crappiest website E-V-E-R, i don't even bother looking there anymore because i haven't been able to find anything i want. am i missing something there?

p.s. hopefully i'll get you the missing measures today, i was out yesterday Wink

scr33n
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2011, 01:05:59 PM »

i'm always impressed how you manage to find stuff there. arcadeboneyard has the crappiest website E-V-E-R, i don't even bother looking there anymore because i haven't been able to find anything i want. am i missing something there?

I don't check the site, I ask directly to Rob (arcadeboneyard owner and very kind guy) what I need. PS: check the kill list ....

http://www.thearcadeboneyard.com/KillList.html

p.s. hopefully i'll get you the missing measures today, i was out yesterday Wink

Thanks Ully!!!  Kiss Space Ace

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber
Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2011, 09:02:56 AM »

sorry for the delay (again), max, here are the missing measures arrow

45 = 165.0
46 = 16.0
47 = 149.9
48 = 106.7

you know the drill: if you need anything else ... Smiley

scr33n
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2011, 09:56:02 AM »

Thanks Ully !!!  Space Ace Space Ace Space Ace

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: