Author Topic: My Dream Is Coming True - Final Part... All Coming Together!  (Read 50483 times)

Sonic 1992

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • I Wanna Go Back !
    • View Profile
Hello everyone!!!  Thank you very much for your kind responses to my dream coming true!!  All the work, waiting, and patience has finally paid off!

In my other posts, There were individual stories about the room constuction, the display cases, and finally the Yesterday's sign. I basically wanted to have those stories seperate, they have had their own tale to be told.  I believe that no more can be said on an individual project basis...

Now to make the posting easier (for me and you)  8)  8)  8)  ....

I will now post all updates and finising touches here!  :D  :D

Here is the finished outside of  Yesterdays!!! :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

The Entrance!!  

Please check back here for current updates!!!  More to come faster.. man I'm tired, was up till 2:30 again!!!

As Promised, More Updates!!!   7-13-07

Now, Here's the fun part,  The only way to make progress now is to open everything up..... Posters, Signs, Displays, as wellas the Arcade Games.. So now it's time to play move the piles 'o stuff around again and again...  8)

This is the only way to figure out where everything will go!   First, Opening all the display signs:

After opening most of the signs, the next step is to start re-assembling the display stations.. the first.. my favorite...  My N64!!!!!! :D  :D

Of course I plugged it in and played Super Mario 64 for a few minutes!!!

This is one of my more awesome display signs..  Any of you Nights Into Dreams fans?  This is a 4' tall 3D disiplay sign that changes depending on which direction you look at it..  

I plugged it in just to make sure all's well:

After the N64 display, I was able to get to a few of the arcade games.
Before I moved, I cleaned everything very well, so all I have to do is unwrap and enjoy!

Note, this is not permanent placement.. still shifting sorting etc....

Oh... a TIP for you..  All of you out there who have a Dragon's Lair 2 Machine knows it weighs 40 BILLION TONS!   I opened it up to see where the bags of sand are hidden!! :lol:  :lol:     After nearly killing myself trying to move it.  I figured out a much easier way!!  Here It is:

Just screw the leveler legs all the way till they are flat to the bottom of the machine, then just attach these to the bottom near where the legs go,

Now you can "slide" the machine around much easier...

Here is my collection of various Dragon's Lair Laserdisc Players:

Here is my Terminator 2 Pinball Machine.. Underneath the machine, see all the poster tubes... that is one of the next projects... Got lots 'o posters!

Oh, By the way,  Did I mention i'm a Simpsons fanatic?  :lol:  :lol:

Time to get back to work...  More updates soon!!!   :D  :D  :D

Update:  6-14-07:   Another up-all-nighter assembling Display Stations!!

This one here is my Nintendo Power Preview Station.  It is a kiosk where you can watch commercials about upcoming Nintendo gaames. What's cool about it is that it runs on a VCD player.  You just touch the name of the game you want to hear about, and you see the commercial!

Here we have a Sega Saturn Display Station.  Of COURSE I have a Sonic The Hedgehog game in it!!   :D  :D  :D

More to come!!!.... :D  :D

UPDATE!  6-18-07:    Electrical Complete!!!

That means I can finally complete this project:  !!!!!!!!! :D  :D

Ohh,,, Man!!  I'm sooo happy with the way this turned out!!  I have not seen it turned on or anything untill NOW!  I did the restoration, then made sure the lights worked, and only when in the gameroom would I turn it on!!  I haven't seen this since 1990!!!   YESTERDAYS  FOREVER!!!!!!!

As you can see here,  The sign has 82 lighs and it is VERY bright!!!

And you can see that the Display Cases now have their light!!

As much as I love the Yesterdays Sign,  It is a little too bright for the gameroom, I don't want it to wash out the other signs and create a glare, After all, It was made for inside a big Mall ,So I came up with this idea:

Unscrew every other light just a little to turn it off and it gives the sign a cool "chase" look. and still looks GREAT, and reduces the brightness!!

Looks GREAT!!! :D  :D

Here's a GEM:  I kept a flyer from the mall back in 1983!!  Promoting Dragon's Lair... AT YESTERDAYS!!!!!    JOY!!!! :D  :D  :D  :D

Of Course, you know which games will have their home under the Yesterday's Sign:    :D  :D

More Updates Soon!!

Updates Today... 7-25-07:

Sonic & Tails proudy on display:

Finally,  The Dragon's Lairs  are home!!!    (please ignore my stupid looking shorts)   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Take a look at my "game room"  while the dream was still a dream:

Everything on shelves, had to be repeatedly dusted:

Here is my spot where I played home videogame systems, Yes It's cramped!!

Another view:

More updates soon!    :D  :D

UPDATE: 10 -4- 07..... Why there have been no recent updates....

In a previous post, I mentioned getting a de-humidifer... Well here's what happened..  My A/C really hasn't been working right from the start, and about a month ago it  stopped working completely!  Here is the nightmarish sequence:
1. Broke down.... took a week to get parts.  (thank God for the de-humidifer)
2. Died again 3 days later... Coolant line burst.
3. Died again next day, PCB Fried
4. Died Yet Again!.. Unit Freezing over, causing a LEAK inside on my Nintendo Display Staion! :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:   I caught it in time before any damage occured.
5. The last straw.. the company replaced the entire unit.  

Now, the unit is working fine.. (FINALLY)

Lucky me got a TOTAL Lemon..  To make sure this never happens again  (leak)  The service tech made me a special overflow pan to go under the unit for "just in case"

I did my best to paint it and make it less noticeable as you can see here:

Now, if there is ever a leak again, it will all drain outside!!  

Now that this nightmare is finished, I can go back to work!   :D  :D  :D

Now I can finally get out all the banner posters to hang!! Joy!!   Also, I've started re-arranging the whole room while this work was going on.

It gave me time to think of a better arrangement of everything in the room.

Well I can't blame the A/C for not getting anything done last week...  4 words will cover that:

HALO 3 WAS RELEASED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

(Definately needed a break, a little fun, that A/C Really stressed me out!)

I Will update very soon with lots 'o pix!!!

UPDATE  12-06-07   The War of the AC Rages on!

Unbelievable, again the ac has failed.  After repeated attempts with the company to solve the situation, they refuse to help me. Therefore we are now seeking legal

action.  At this time we are having another A/C company install a new unit, hopefully to be done on monday.  One thing for sure... I'm gonna do an OFFICE SPACE on

that A/C when it is taken out!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:  DIE M*** F****  DIE!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

The worst thing about all these problems... it's slowing me down on all my projects in the game room!   Sorry about no recent pix updates....  Will definately take pix  

of the old system coming out and the new one going in... and I will definately want you to see the old system so that you will avoid this brand like the plague!!!  Will

update soon...   Where's the Tylenol???????

UPDATE   12 - 10 - 07   The NEW Proper A/C System Is Going in.... and the WORTHLESS P.O.S. Is gettin' the boot!

As I've said in the previous post, We've contacted another A/C company.. (and they're good people and do a great job!!)   and now exactly what we needed is being

put in YESTERDAYS!!! ;D ;D

Preparing to take the POS out!!!

Now that this is the proper size unit for my gameroom, It will have Air Ducts for proper air flow distrobution.  Rather then have them look silvery, I'm painting them red & blue.. Now they look like Mario Bros. Pipes!!!  Joy ;D ;D

Now, the equipment is being brought in, The bottom is the return air duct, They made a nice stand for this, and I did my handywork on it, so  it will match the display cases!!

Now the outdoor compressor unit is being installed, Notice how much bigger the new unit is compared to the old one... Oh, and just a note... The company I'm using now said this old unit was WAYYYYYY to small for my gameroom.  (jokingly they said it would be good for a closet or shoebox)  I feel very confidant that this unit will do a great job for years!!!

As you can see here the indoor part of the unit is going to be way bigger than the old, No problem.. I will do more of my handywork on it and decorate it with gameroom goodies!!

Now you can see the dramatiac difference in the units.....

The Old POS...

More painting of the ducts and trim...

As of quitting time today...  They will return tomorrow to finish....

UPDATE 12-21-07   A/C & Heating system works GREAT!!   (Pictures to follow soon!)

Finally this is taken care of!   Now since my last post, the system has been installed and is working GREAT!!!   It even has an awesome feature known

as "Auto Changeover"   What this means is that I have set the Minimum temperature to 74 'F , If it drops below 74 'F, the heat will come on

automatically and bring the temperature back up to 74 'F.   If the temperature rises above 77 'F  It will switch over to A/C and maintain a cooling

temperature of 77 'F !!!  This is very helpful on the gulf coast, since we can have cold nights and warm days during the winter!!  

Now, I was able to finish organizing the gameroom and do a final cleanup!   I will do a walkthough video with a youtube link very soon. as well as post

alot of pictures of the room.    Check back soon!!  

« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 10:28:05 PM by Sonic 1992 »

amadama

• View Profile
My Dream Is Coming True - Final Part... All Coming Together!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 06:53:13 PM »
Looking good from the outside (nice chunk of land you got there too!)
Can't wait to see the inside!

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 08:06:49 PM »
...now I understand what we call here in Europe  :arrow: ' THE AMERICAN DREAM'  :shock:

OOOOOOOOOOOOHhhhhhhhh  myyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Goooooooooooooooooodddddddddddddddd  :shock:  :o

It's so beautifull  :shock:  :P  :P  :P Can I visit you If I go to US ?  :roll:  :wink: I have to see that with my own eyes  8)

amadama

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 08:14:33 PM »
Bruno,
Maybe you can stop by my place too! Both of you guys actually. Help me set up my home arcade!!

arcadefever

• View Profile
    • http://www.arcadefever.net
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 09:41:12 PM »
wowwwwwwwwww...

i will never enter that game-room by myself !!!!!

i do not want to be eaten alive by that black panther  :shock:

:twisted:

great stuff....i may pass by one day  8)

Sonic 1992

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • I Wanna Go Back !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 09:55:48 PM »
Hello, Yes! You're all definately welcome to visit.  Hopefully I will be finished in a few weeks.  I made a bigger mess inside LOL ..! moving stuff around to open other stuff!  I'll try to get some more pix up tonight!

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2007, 10:01:47 PM »
Great... Now the best pictures we are all waiting for will have to be.. you & some friends playing on a lot of arcade cabs...ALL POWER ON with lights, music, beer & coke... and ton of fun  :P

80'  Powwwaaaaa  :o  :o  8)

Argghhhhh ... can't wait to see more & more ... Well Done  :o

Sonic 1992

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • I Wanna Go Back !
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 07:48:05 PM »
Updates Today!!   Bump!! :D

arcadefever

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 12:11:50 AM »
:shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

<--------can not talk

:roll:

amadama

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2007, 05:42:53 AM »
Wow!
I agree with arcadefever! Holy smokes, that's a slick collection.
(I love Nights into Dreams, best Saturn game ever, and one of the coolest games in general!)
Good tip with those sliders too.

Sonic 1992

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • I Wanna Go Back !
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2007, 05:51:20 PM »
Updates!   Bump :D

arcadefever

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2007, 07:45:02 PM »
Quote from: "Sonic 1992"
Updates!   Bump :D

that saturn display if gorgeous  :shock:

very very very nice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sonic 1992

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • I Wanna Go Back !
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2007, 09:10:18 PM »
Thank you everyone very much for the praise!  It's greatly appreciated!  Believe it or not, this all started with one poster!   A Sonic The Hedgehog one of course!   :D  

ArcadeFever, Thank you for posting my story on your site!  It's nice to know others are interested in my dream.  

Tonight, maybe tomorrow I will be putting together my combination XBOX / GameCube / Playstation 2   Display Station.  What's cool about this is that it is a matching unit to the Display Cases.  Back in 2003, the store got it  right before they closed for good.  I luckily got it brand new!  

Updates as soon as I can!   :D  :D

Sonic 1992

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • I Wanna Go Back !
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2007, 05:59:13 PM »
Updates Today!!!  Bump :D