Dragon's Lair Fans - Arcade Lifestyle
March 25, 2017, 06:57:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ALS'/DLF' : your daily dose of Arcade Life Style...inside the Dragon's Lair!

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Computerspiele Museum in Berlin opened the perm exhibition last thursday.  (Read 4367 times)
Blanka
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2011, 08:20:47 PM »

Finally the computerspiele museum in Berlin executed its plans for their permanent collection. The website and the interior look awesome.
www.computerspielemuseum.de
They were on ARD and ZDF last thursday:
http://hstreaming.zdf.de/zdf/veryhigh/110120_behrendt_hjo.mov
http://hstreaming.zdf.de/zdf/veryhigh/110123_spielemuseum_nes.mov
http://tagesschau.vo.llnwd.net/d3/video/2011/0120/TV-20110120-1725-0301.webm.h264.mp4
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 08:24:51 PM by Blanka » Logged
Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 08:36:33 PM »

Aaaaaahhhhh, I feel a song coming up !:

"Ich hab’ noch einen cab da in Berlin
Deswegen muss ich nächstens wieder hin."

Brilliant !!! I'm sure I can talk my wife into a weekend Berlin and then I'll propose I'd like to see some of the rich culture and museums  Grin Grin Grin

ckong
ArcadeLifeStyler'

The Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 10:06:14 PM »

Brilliant !!! I'm sure I can talk my wife into a weekend Berlin and then I'll propose I'd like to see some of the rich culture and museums  Grin Grin Grin

Better yet, if your wife would have some nice female company, they could go shopping and the blokes could do some culture sniffing.  Wink
Ronald Reagan
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 09:16:00 AM »

Intersting. I see it's on the Karl Marx Allee in the former cafe Warschau. That's oldschool EastBerlin

An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.
Blanka
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 10:13:27 AM »

I see it's on the Karl Marx Allee
Great, I always love that 3km of bathroom-tile-cladded building.
Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 12:25:20 PM »

Better yet, if your wife would have some nice female company, they could go shopping and the blokes could do some culture sniffing.  Wink

That.....is a brilliant little idea my friend Tongue

traveller

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 06:18:21 PM »

Me and a good buddy are planning on visiting the exihibition this summer, can't wait to see it   Grin
caincan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 06:48:59 PM »

Roll Eyes  irony or stupidity...   a computer museum... talks and shows old things for sure !!?...  the site doesnt answer because the only screen says on my computer :  "update your prehistoric browser".     that is real shame !!   and if some  Atari falcon/amiga/msx  would want to surf it ?!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 06:50:30 PM by caincan » Logged
Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 06:56:29 PM »

Well, technically it's a ComputerSPIELE museum, which means computer GAMES (in fact, this is weird, since the German word for Computer is "Rechner" (which means "calculator" actually, so it's a very poor translation) so they should have called it either Rechner-spiele or Computergames museum  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Anyway, you're right !!! They should offer at least something for those people !

So uhm, which version of Firefox runs on a Falcon nowadays ? Wink

falcon NL

Im Loving this!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 07:57:01 PM »

Im running the latest version of Firefox Grin

Current Project: Donkey Kong
caincan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 09:31:17 PM »

it's about respect for the weirdest !  Grin

go back in 80's,   before the "graphic internet",  the web was existing among newsgroups & bbs.     

i like to see that some very skilled programmers who litteraly take the guts of these old good computers.  and it's even awesome that commodore64 have tcp/ip now !   even vic20 had a twitter experience  Cool     sure it's a nightmare even just for have "google" in text mode.  but it's that the real computer respect !  get the guts of your hardware.     crystal atari browser  was known for atari st/tt.

but well if it's only a game site  that is not necessary   (damn  that's the third site after megavideo/myspace  that i cannot try access anymore)
Laschek
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2011, 09:28:34 AM »

since the German word for Computer is "Rechner"

A far better german word for Computer is "Elektronengehirn", though it's not used anymore  Grin
liquidx

Bruxhell, Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2011, 10:56:37 AM »

Roll Eyes  irony or stupidity...   a computer museum... talks and shows old things for sure !!?...  the site doesnt answer because the only screen says on my computer :  "update your prehistoric browser".     that is real shame !!   and if some  Atari falcon/amiga/msx  would want to surf it ?!

If you were really into computers then, you're probably really into them now and there's a heavy chance you do have a recent browser.
If you're surfing on an MSX, well you don't need to go to a museum, you live in one Smiley

findapinball.com - The European pinball locator
SeTTleR

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2011, 01:11:01 PM »

Huh, this can get expensive really fast Cheesy

The Computerspielemuseum looks really nice. Gotta go and see it when I go to Berlin the next time.

`Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, `if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'
Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2011, 09:39:15 PM »

Yeah, we'll keep our credit cards with us, right Erik ? Smiley

However, we'll be going to Cambridge for a weekend pretty soon  (that's my wife and I) so the "Koffer" will have to wait a bit longer Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: