Author Topic: Computerspiele Museum in Berlin opened the perm exhibition last thursday.  (Read 14489 times)

Blanka

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Finally the computerspiele museum in Berlin executed its plans for their permanent collection. The website and the interior look awesome.
www.computerspielemuseum.de
They were on ARD and ZDF last thursday:
http://hstreaming.zdf.de/zdf/veryhigh/110120_behrendt_hjo.mov
http://hstreaming.zdf.de/zdf/veryhigh/110123_spielemuseum_nes.mov
http://tagesschau.vo.llnwd.net/d3/video/2011/0120/TV-20110120-1725-0301.webm.h264.mp4
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 08:24:51 PM by Blanka »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Aaaaaahhhhh, I feel a song coming up !:

"Ich hab’ noch einen cab da in Berlin
Deswegen muss ich nächstens wieder hin."

Brilliant !!! I'm sure I can talk my wife into a weekend Berlin and then I'll propose I'd like to see some of the rich culture and museums  ;D ;D ;D

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile

Brilliant !!! I'm sure I can talk my wife into a weekend Berlin and then I'll propose I'd like to see some of the rich culture and museums  ;D ;D ;D

Better yet, if your wife would have some nice female company, they could go shopping and the blokes could do some culture sniffing.  ;)

Ronald Reagan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Intersting. I see it's on the Karl Marx Allee in the former cafe Warschau. That's oldschool EastBerlin
An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.

Blanka

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
I see it's on the Karl Marx Allee
Great, I always love that 3km of bathroom-tile-cladded building.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42

Better yet, if your wife would have some nice female company, they could go shopping and the blokes could do some culture sniffing.  ;)

That.....is a brilliant little idea my friend :P

traveller

• View Profile
Me and a good buddy are planning on visiting the exihibition this summer, can't wait to see it   ;D

caincan

• View Profile
 ::)  irony or stupidity...   a computer museum... talks and shows old things for sure !!?...  the site doesnt answer because the only screen says on my computer :  "update your prehistoric browser".     that is real shame !!   and if some  Atari falcon/amiga/msx  would want to surf it ?!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 06:50:30 PM by caincan »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Well, technically it's a ComputerSPIELE museum, which means computer GAMES (in fact, this is weird, since the German word for Computer is "Rechner" (which means "calculator" actually, so it's a very poor translation) so they should have called it either Rechner-spiele or Computergames museum  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Anyway, you're right !!! They should offer at least something for those people !

So uhm, which version of Firefox runs on a Falcon nowadays ? ;)

falcon NL

• Im Loving this!
    • View Profile
    • Florush
Im running the latest version of Firefox ;D
Current Project: Donkey Kong

caincan

• View Profile
Re: Computerspiele Museum in Berlin opened the perm exhibition last thursday.
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 09:31:17 PM »
it's about respect for the weirdest !  ;D

go back in 80's,   before the "graphic internet",  the web was existing among newsgroups & bbs.     

i like to see that some very skilled programmers who litteraly take the guts of these old good computers.  and it's even awesome that commodore64 have tcp/ip now !   even vic20 had a twitter experience  8)     sure it's a nightmare even just for have "google" in text mode.  but it's that the real computer respect !  get the guts of your hardware.     crystal atari browser  was known for atari st/tt.

but well if it's only a game site  that is not necessary   (damn  that's the third site after megavideo/myspace  that i cannot try access anymore)

Laschek

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2011, 09:28:34 AM »
since the German word for Computer is "Rechner"

A far better german word for Computer is "Elektronengehirn", though it's not used anymore  ;D

liquidx

• Bruxhell, Belgium
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2011, 10:56:37 AM »
::)  irony or stupidity...   a computer museum... talks and shows old things for sure !!?...  the site doesnt answer because the only screen says on my computer :  "update your prehistoric browser".     that is real shame !!   and if some  Atari falcon/amiga/msx  would want to surf it ?!

If you were really into computers then, you're probably really into them now and there's a heavy chance you do have a recent browser.
If you're surfing on an MSX, well you don't need to go to a museum, you live in one :)
findapinball.com - The European pinball locator

SeTTleR

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2011, 01:11:01 PM »

Huh, this can get expensive really fast :D

The Computerspielemuseum looks really nice. Gotta go and see it when I go to Berlin the next time.
`Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, `if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2011, 09:39:15 PM »
Yeah, we'll keep our credit cards with us, right Erik ? :)

However, we'll be going to Cambridge for a weekend pretty soon  (that's my wife and I) so the "Koffer" will have to wait a bit longer :)