Author Topic: Hi  (Read 6611 times)

ElPancho

• View Profile
Hi
« on: April 13, 2007, 05:21:42 PM »
Hi everyone,

This is my first post on this great site. My first reaction was one of
awe.  :shock:

Thank you for making such a nice looking informative site.

I think it is very, very impressive the way you collect and restore
these classic jems.

As many of you (judging by the photo's on the site  :wink: ) I grew up in the 80's and living -in those days- on the Dutch North-sea coast with lots of tourism.
Because of the tourists we had 2 arcades, back  in the day in my home town village.

In one of those arcades I did my summer-break-job (is this English ?)during a few summers(1983 till 1987) so I witnessed "history in the making" hands on.
Lucky for me I was able to keep my lunchmoney, as I was an employee I got to play for free (some memorable night-parties pop in mind now, ah well).
anyway, got to play SA for free, "our" arcade never featured DL. But DL was hosted in Amsterdam, so I lost my lunchmoney on train-fare and DL overthere.

I'm currently working on a mame-cabinet (model: Mortal Kombat) running Mame and Daphne.
I thought I was on the right track with that project but now I realise I want a Space Ace cabinet.
I'm thinking of builing one in the future. Allthough building something is very nice to do, because is more genuine, my wish is obtaining an original cabinet one day if I'm lucky enough.

A few words on the collection of Mr. Finn. (I can't resist) Ever since I saw the photo's of Mr. Finn's Lair I eat less, don't sleep that well, I seem to be
drewling a lot and according to my friends I speak in an incoherent
manner. All since that day...................

Well just a lot of words to say, once again, I'm deeply impressed.
I'm amazed with the efforts of every-one metioned on this site.

Hope to see you all one day.
current line up: 3 x New Astro City 2x Atomiswave SD, 3 x Aero (2 NOS) and Aero Table
Pac Man
Black Knight pinball
On the way: Daytona USA

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Hi
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 11:10:40 PM »
Hi ElPancho and welcome here  :)

Woow... you were lucky to work in arcade back in THE days  :o  I think it was THE dream for most of us  :lol:
During that 'golden age', playing on arcade wasn't so expensive ... but in other way, we were childs with no money  :roll:

PLaying games such Space Ace or Dragon's lair in these old days was THE experience... and a lot of us done crazy things in order to play them : conceal money (   :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  ), walk few hours to go to the nearest arcade room... or like you... when you had to go to Amsterdam by train  just for playing Dragon's Lair  :o

It's funny : I remember working on my first arcade cabinet... it's was a generic cab, mame & daphne equiped... just like you  :)  ...and see what is the situation now : more than 20 arcades games, a gaming room... this website ... & most important friends sharing all of this  :o

Regarding the Jason's collection... it's the same for all of us... we are all in admiration in front of a such collection  :P  

Good luck for all your projects... don't forget to share your work here of course  :wink:
 :P

SPACE HARRIER

• View Profile
    • http://gunners-club.1up.com/
Hi
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 04:52:33 PM »
Hello ElPancho,welcome here and I hope that you have a good stay here!

A shame I don't have any room more in my house to build or restore old cabins.. :cry:
Now these day's I collect old videogames and consoles.
I have about 25 consoles and about 300 games with includes o lot of real collectibles.

Nog een fijn weekend (have a great weekend)

greeds Willy. :lol:
IED 777 times,but i'm still alive!

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Hi
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 09:12:26 AM »
By the way, ElPancho or Space Harrier ... can you help me to found the arcade games section on ebay.nl pleeeeeaaaaaaase ???  :roll:  :o

ElPancho

• View Profile
Hi
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 06:57:20 PM »
Sure, anything to help.

Cabinet is in Dutch - kast -
Game is in Dutch - spel -

So you get something like spelkast (or - speelkast- ) or videogame kast  Altough the word Cabinet is also used.

If you need any more words, just ask.
current line up: 3 x New Astro City 2x Atomiswave SD, 3 x Aero (2 NOS) and Aero Table
Pac Man
Black Knight pinball

ElPancho

• View Profile
Hi
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 05:52:50 PM »
Oh, and the section on ebay where they are is problably somewhere in - Verzamelen - (collecting stuff)
I don't find too many cabinets on the dutch e-bay site though.
I think it's much nicer to seach the UK equivalent.
But judging by your lair and road trips you probably know this already  :D
Pac Man
Black Knight pinball