Author Topic: Christmas came early this year ...  (Read 12428 times)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
Christmas came early this year ...
« on: December 22, 2010, 06:51:18 PM »

i went to The Storage™ today to do some winter checking and look what i found inside :arrow:

here's where it came from :arrow:

the story in short: i had made an appointment with the shipping company last wednesday, but they had to cancel because of the horrible road conditions last week. we rescheduled to monday half past two. got home from school on friday and the telephone rang: it was patrik telling me that the shipping company had already been here - three days prior to our set appointment. apart from the fact that i couldn't take any pictures at all, patrik told me that the driver had been extremely rude to him. patrik is still suffering from the aftermaths of a slipped disk, but the driver didn't care: he told him that either he should help him unload the cabs or he would drop them off on the pavement. what a jerk! even worse: he told patrik that he is on a tight schedule, that he has to leave immidiately, that he doesn't have the time to remove the cabs from the pallet and that the shipping company is going to send us an extra bill for the pallet. do i have to say it again: WHAT A JERK!!!

i called the shipping company at once and told them how extremely unhappy i am with the way this was handled and the way the driver treated patrik. the guy on the phone apologized a thousand times and said he was going to take care of the rest ... :twisted:

anyway, two new cabs added to the collection - already in deep hibernation! :ghost:
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas came early this year ...
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 07:02:17 PM »
@Ully: Congrats!

@ driver: @$$HOLE !  :twisted:
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 08:04:04 PM by Etienne »

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 07:21:00 PM »
Congrats, did you unpack your presents??

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 07:30:16 PM »

nope, because i think it's very cosy inside for the cabs :-*. i'm restructuring my temporary gameroom at the moment, so that i can bring in more games. until that is done, i need to finish off some restos first, because i'm running out of space up here. btw, i have found a place which would be IDEAL for all my games (and which would be big enough - believe it or not), but i'm not 100% sure yet whether the owner is willing to sell!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Ronald Reagan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 07:43:39 PM »
is that Missile Command?
An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 07:51:56 PM »
is that Missile Command?

nope, MC is already up here! c'mon, what's coming to your mind when you think of PAUL and CABS?

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 08:04:59 PM »
euhhh  nintendo  ???   ;)

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 08:17:10 PM »
eeuh, that must be DKJR en DK3 as you mentioned before.  :D

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 08:33:37 PM »

It would be funny to put them under the Christmas tree  :P ...and unpack the D-Day  :)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 11:03:40 PM »
eeuh, that must be DKJR en DK3 as you mentioned before.  :D

got it! my first two dedicated us nintendo cabs - now if only bringing them up here would be a piece of cake. wingman patrik won't be able to help me out for a looong time :(

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2010, 11:08:56 PM »
I would have enjoyed hearing that phone conversation.....I need to learn some German cursing words ! :D

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2010, 03:00:48 PM »
MBWB???

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2010, 04:01:03 PM »
MBWB???

nope michael, the "riddle" has already been solved: DKJR & DK3. MBWB is a no go, paul wasn't happy with our offer :-[

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2011, 06:44:55 PM »

is it already time for christmas again? man, time seems to fly ...

what is he talking about, you might be wondering? well, i just went over to The Storage™ to decide which game(s) to bring up for restoration next and look what i found after opening the seven seals of the door :arrow:

looks like a new delivery from paul :)

first layer removed - anyone wanna make a guess?

the view from the "balcony" reveals two more nintendo cabs: mario bros. widebody and its little brother

the sideart on the widebody is in great condition - at least on the left side of the cab. no need to get the phoenix arcade replacements: 145 bucks saved!!!

i bought the mario bros conversion cabinet for much less on ebay. i went for it because my dk junior is without a monitor and without a power supply. the parts from this mario bros cab will help me "fill" the empty spots of the dk cab. don't know what i'm going to do with this cab then, probably try to turn it into a donkey kong or a popeye - i might even consider a radarscope, but that's still a long way to go ...

thx to paul and all the other guys who took part in the mario bros widebody bulk buy - this forum rockzzz!!!

i will have to do some rearranging in The Storage™ at the weekend - get ready for some nice rows of arcade cabinets ;D

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2011, 08:34:50 PM »
Cool Ully ! :spaceace: