Dragon's Lair Fans - Arcade Lifestyle
July 28, 2017, 06:45:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ALS'/DLF' : your daily dose of Arcade Life Style...inside the Dragon's Lair!

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: :: Saving DARTH MAUL in UK :: UK road trip *SITH STORY*  (Read 36461 times)
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« on: November 20, 2010, 06:27:47 PM »

I've noticed something strange with my Darth Maul statue, located on the top of my Return Of The Jedi Cabinet since few weeks already... I don't know why but if it's like this statue wanted to tell me something... but here's what really happened last month!!!  shock  arrow

The statue became a real hologram... Darth Maul is NOT dead ... he asked me to save him quickly!

As a Sith Lord, I can't let him! I've to prepare my ship for this rescue mission...

Of course, I'll take the Darth Maul statue, just in case he would like to speak to me like he previously did :

Everything is ready... I'm just checking if my light saber is working fine, I wouldn't go in a such journey without a good weapon!

Mhhh, a little bit dangerous to do that in the car!  oppps As you know, a light saber can easily cut a car in two pieces  Roll Eyes Fortunately, I'm lucky  Tongue No damage on my ship!

OK, I can go to sleep, it'll be a very long rescue mission...

Saturday, the 9th of October 2010 - 4:34am

In order to avoid a missing tool or something important, I'm preparing the stuff under a special 'use the Force' vision  Cool  arrow

For my statistics :

Ops, forgot to power on the shield  Tongue ...Done!  arrow

Let's go... Dagobah swamp...

Well, I can't do this rescue mission alone... I need an ally ... mhhh, the force is strong around this house  arrow

I sense a presence... I've to be very careful here...

I wouldn't be killed by a rebel scum or any stupid Jedi...  

I sense an dark force in this way...

Ok, it's here! I feel the power of the Dark side... hum? Hello Kitty?  Roll Eyes  Grin :

I'm right! Darth Remy (or "mimychatmiaou" here) was waiting for me...

...and as a perfect Sith apprentice, he checks the ship for me  Cool  arrow

All clear! Let's start the engine... Startup sequence initiated...

Because we don't know where to go, Darth Maul sent us the right data into the hyper speed system... ouch! UK... Once again! What a trip to go  Shocked  arrow

It's far... but we must do it! YES MY MASTER!

Fortunately, we have the right space map! ...close to the Outer Rim' ...

« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 11:39:53 PM by DarthNuno » Logged

DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 06:49:45 PM »

My ship is to small to cross the Outer Rim... we need to use the Euro Tunnel for this short travel segment...

Right on time :

'Le Shuttle'... a premiere for Darth Remy  arrow

The transport in front of us seems to have some trouble?

Here's in! A little bit short here..next time I'll ask for an Imperial Shuttle!

We got finally for information about the location of Darth Maul! ... Yes, my master!

8:58am UK time... welcome in UK...

The world famous M20, the Sith Motor Way!  Grin

Cool, on my new car I have the same controls than Darth Vader in his Tie Interceptor... see  Grin arrow

Approaching a big city... a lot of traffic here... New London maybe?  Roll Eyes  arrow

Heheh! As you know, I perfectly know that system... and especially THIS  Tongue  arrow

The official UK Road Trip food! Since 1955  Grin  arrow

Far better than what we can find in the Cantina  Grin

Hey? I didn't know we were so close of Naboo planet here? See the clothes  Grin Wink  arrow

Ok, let's move on... wow! a dead pixel in the sky  Shocked Impressive  Grin  arrow

This is the worst in UK for me! The roundabout  Evil Don't ask me why, but I can tell you I've a real problem with that  Undecided

Almost there... but a lot of traffic here! we spend almost one hour in this small town  Evil

Hey, see the wall... Bobba Fett was here...

« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 10:11:58 PM by DarthNuno » Logged

DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 07:34:14 PM »

2:39PM : At last, we reached the final destination. A closed portal...

I can sense Darth Maul from here... but... we have to pass this portal first ...

...if anyone won't come to open it, we'll have to use our light sabers... OK ... it's opening... and here we are  Smiley  arrow

Can you name all the stuff here?  Roll Eyes Tongue Grin  arrow

...I won't because, there are too many things here  Shocked But let's name just few of them  Cool

Life size Yoda  Tongue  arrow

See in that corner  arrow

The seller is not a pinball/arcade games collector, but he has few things...

Fan of Dr Who?  arrow

R2D2 life size, working with a remote controller!  Tongue IMPRESSIVE!

Remy is now a Cylon!  Grin  arrow

Other 'Adult stuff' outside...

I don't recognize from which movie/cartoon this car is coming from?  arrow

One of the smallest car in the world?!

...done by ...Messerschmitt! Yes, like the German planes done during the World War II...

Too much stuff here! Back to the initial mission! I'm here for ... him!  Grin  arrow

An impressive life size Darth Maul, very aggressive attitude as you can see, with the dual MasterReplica light sabers  Kiss
Remy wants immediately to fight him... what a strange idea  Grin  arrow

Remy, you won't defeat him with this funny attitude! Don't smile...

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate... Good! Good, feel the power of the dark side  Twisted  arrow

It's my turn... I don't really need a weapon... all is in my mind!  Cheesy  arrow

Well, I had not planned to bring back someone else in this journey, but hey ... this carbonite Han Solo would be perfect decoration in my game room  Tongue

See the details  Kiss  arrow

DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 10:44:27 PM »

Let's see if Han Solo fits the car?

Yes, but I'll have to put Darth Maul under Han Solo  Roll Eyes Grin ...

Wow... what a unlikely cross over between these 2 Star Wars characters isn't it ?

OK, the usual picture with the seller  Cool ...

...and we really have to leave now! We are very far from home!

Same town to cross than previously of course  Twisted  ...but fortunately, no more traffic jam here...

Sith need food! First stop for some provisions  Grin  arrow

A new sponsor for Dr Pepper?  Grin  arrow

On the road, it's very uncommon to drive with an 'dead' head next to my right arm  roll eyes confused Wink  arrow

Arriving at the Euro Tunnel, still in UK... I'm wondering how the customs will react when they will see that 'body'  Grin ...

...no customs control this time...too bad, this could be fun  Wink Entering 'Le Shuttle'  arrow

During the channel cross, I've to protect Darth Maul... no one can approach the car  Twisted

Everything is still in place? Yes!  arrow

Arriving in France... I've very tired... I drove from this morning until now! Ok Remy, I give you the control of my new ship  arrow

I'm very tired... even not able to take nice pictures anymore  oppps

Let's jump to light speed please ...

...because I just cannot be awake anymore  oppps Remy says me : "powers are weak, old man"   arrow

...but we finally here, at home... ready for landing!

For my personal records... ops...

...huh?! ... wait ... this is not over yet! We had to unload the bad guys, and bring back Remy to his home... we are very tired but we have to do it! One last effort please!

A last travel to Remy's house... have a good sleep my friend  Smiley

And here I am... the real statistic picture  Grin  arrow

Now, I'll become more powerful with the help of this new Sith Lord! In addition, he'll protect my games!  Grin  arrow

Total length : 20h36min - 1444 km on road, 100km under water (Euro Tunnel)

caincan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 11:53:29 PM »

Shocked Grin    now you're planning a beautiful hometheater ambiance too ?  Exclamation
Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 12:13:14 AM »

You're probably just a bit too young to recognize that pink Rolls Royce (FAB 1) my friend.

It's from Lady Penelope of course.

From 5......4......3.......2......1........ THUNDERBIRDS (are GO !) Smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwKLgTUb-EQ&feature=related

(Fast forward to 3.15 to see the Rolls. However the one above seems to be an updated version ?)

GREAT catch, I LOVE that carbonite Han !!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 12:23:17 AM by Level42 » Logged

McVenco

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2010, 12:19:00 AM »

Check also the RR logo on the grill: "Rattles & Rolls"  Grin

I really love the roadtrip threads on this forum. I don't think I ever am going to drive 14 hours to get something though (well, I once drove 5 hours to pick up some Amiga stuff, that might even count as a small roadtrip itself).

No arcade cab(s) yet, but happy owner of 2 Colecovisions, 2 Amigas and a pc running Mame.
Etienne MacGyver
ArcadeLifeStyler'

The Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2010, 07:26:04 AM »

Another cool additions for your gameroom!

Love the story ! , very well documented!

Also han is very cool !

congrats on the catches !

Looking for Repro Decals ?  Visit my webstore !  arrow  http://www.easywebshop.com/arcadedecals
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2010, 08:30:39 AM »

Cool

...and here's the pictures inside the Nuno's Lair v2  Wink
Temporary location of course, not enough room for them... I'll put them in the upcoming V3  Wink

Space Ace Space Ace Space Ace

Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2010, 08:54:05 AM »

another hell of a roadtrip with a fabulous story and some nice picture-editing. how are you doing all those light-sabre photos? while i think the new star wars movies totally suck (they have no soul, but at least they have natalie portman Kiss), that darth maul figure looks absolutely stunning. of course, it can't hold up to the "frozen han". would have been a shame if you hadn't taken it!

by the way, the guy where you picked that stuff up - who is it? his place looks like a total mess, must have been fun to explore Wink

thx for sharing the trip with us!!! Space Ace Space Ace Space Ace

all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!
Belike
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Budapest, Hungary

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2010, 09:15:50 AM »

Wow, that could be a great place for Star Wars Fans!!! Grin
The Darth Maul statue looks very nice, but that carbonated Han Solo is the most amazing SW relic I ever saw!!! Shocked
Thanks for sharing this long trip with us and also for the lots of pics! Grin
Btw, where did you get that light saber, does it have sounds also?
flip971

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2010, 10:03:38 AM »

Nuno: as usual a great road trip, a very nice catch and awesome photos!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

ckong
ArcadeLifeStyler'

The Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2010, 10:23:13 AM »

As ususal that is a great road trip report, I love the frozen Han Solo, but this evil Sith beats everything, a great addition to your gameroom. Congratulations.

And yes, where can you get those light sabers?
Dazza

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2010, 11:55:32 AM »

Awesome thread!

I was given one of those lightsabers as a leaving present from my last job! Has all the sound effects, the one where it starts up is the best but works on motion too so when you whirl it around it makes some great noises.

I met the bloke who played Darth Maul at a convention once, got his autograph and he wrote a great little message. "Join me on the dark side".....
Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2010, 11:57:53 AM »

another hell of a roadtrip with a fabulous story and some nice picture-editing. how are you doing all those light-sabre photos, is that "toy" for real? while i think the new star wars movies totally suck (they have no soul, but at least they have natalie portman Kiss), that darth maul figure looks absolutely stunning. of course, it can't hold up to the "frozen han". would have been a shame if you hadn't taken it!

by the way, the guy where you picked that stuff up - who is it? his place looks like a total mess, must have been fun to explore Wink

thx for sharing the trip with us!!! Space Ace Space Ace Space Ace

all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: