Author Topic: Cabs on ebay  (Read 460159 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: Cabs on ebay
« Reply #285 on: May 04, 2011, 02:52:38 PM »
Can someone explain me why people (seriously) bid on such items when there are still 6 days to go....I really don't see what's the point in doing that....

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 04, 2011, 03:46:22 PM »
Can someone explain me why people (seriously) bid on such items when there are still 6 days to go....I really don't see what's the point in doing that....

i have no idea either, the only time i place an early bid is when there is a buy-it-now option which imho is too high or when it's from a foreign seller and i need to test whether he allows bids from other countries. everything else doesn't make any sense at all!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Laschek

« Reply #287 on: May 04, 2011, 03:55:55 PM »

Ahhh, the miracle of Google:

http://www.zzzaccaria.com/photos_tron_2005.htm

Look how the backside is straight up compared to the original. Not a pretty sight IMHO...

Artwork mostly looks the same though....Zaccaria built these in license from B/M.

For those interested: http://www.antelopearcade.com/manuals/Tron%20Zaccaria.pdf
Zaccaria Tron manual I scanned a while ago, maybe it helps to spot more differences  :P

ataritoobin

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 04, 2011, 04:09:27 PM »
Are there any pictures of complete cab? Would like to see how the rest of the art looks. Those Namco cabinet's are beautiful, i like them even more then Taito cabinets.

Btw didn't you promise to post some pic's of your Taito colletion? ;D ;)

They appear to be none on the internet. I would imagine this is a very rare cabinet. It looks as if it has no front art or side art. I would imagine it just had marquee, bezel and control panel artwork.

That's kind of what I was thinking, along the lines of those blue/light blue Japanese Taito cabinets.  I imagine there was little demand for uprights in Japan by 1982, e.g. not enough to bother making front art/side art.  I actually think Galaxian might have been the last Namco upright with kickplate art.  Tank Battalion, Puckman, and Galaga don't have any.

I'd be curious if it originally used those rectangular start buttons like the previous games did and if it maybe had some sort of generic bezel/CP design.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 04:12:07 PM by ataritoobin »

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 04, 2011, 07:05:24 PM »
That's Jon/Centuri from UKVAC. He owns www.centuri.net

I'm sure he would sell to you guys if you picked up or arranged a courier. He's a good guy.

Oliver
Ah, yeah I've seen that site before very nice !

I did a bid to see if international bidding is accepted and the answer is YES :)
But please don't bid guys, I want a Gyruss for 10 UKP so badly ! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

haha, I also did a bid just to verify if it would be accepted. Unfortunately I was overbid!!!

Well, let's watch these auctions closely the next week.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 06, 2011, 12:00:08 AM »
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 06, 2011, 08:34:07 AM »
zaccaria super cobra and more
Looks promising... ;)
Can you translate the description in a few words, especially the from the 3rd one?
Thanks ;)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 06, 2011, 11:55:42 AM »
Can you translate the description in a few words, especially the from the 3rd one?

the first game is a cocktail table which had some kind of pac-man game installed, but it doesn't work anymore

the second one is super cobra, he says that the game worked until recently, but the monitor stopped doing his job

the third one seems to be some kind of wall machine (no picture) which can also be put on a table (he doesn't know whether it is selfmade or not). it was working until a fuse blew (at least that's what he says). it was playing some kind of helicopter game.

additionally, he has a box with 5 pcbs which he swapped between the 3 arcade machines back then, he says all of them were working until he stopped using them!

finally, he has a spare monitor (probably 19''), but he doesn't know whether it's working or not!

travel time lauda - seller: about 2 1/2 hours one way ;)

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 06, 2011, 12:08:11 PM »
 ;D  ;) ;D

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #294 on: May 08, 2011, 07:20:57 AM »
...and an other 'German' curiosity, just right here  ;)

15 hours to go... 101€ so far  8)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #295 on: May 08, 2011, 10:24:19 AM »
Mmmm, interesting, there's a manual with it. Still nowhere a reference to Nintendo. I'm still curious if this is a bootleg or not.
Luigi and Capt.Kirk have (had) one of these and I think they said it was a bootleg....

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 08, 2011, 09:18:35 PM »
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 10:20:17 PM by Belike »

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #297 on: May 08, 2011, 09:57:04 PM »
...and an other 'German' curiosity, just right here  ;)

15 hours to go... 101€ so far  8)

...and gone for EUR 190.00. Someone from the board maybe?

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 09, 2011, 05:07:19 PM »
 :o :o :o