Author Topic: Dragon's Lair Trilogy for the Wii  (Read 7597 times)

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Dragon's Lair Trilogy for the Wii
« on: November 06, 2010, 08:42:58 AM »
Maybe old news, but the game is out. http://www.dragonslairtrilogy.com/

Here is a little review: http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/113/1130896p1.html

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: Dragon's Lair Trilogy for the Wii
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 09:44:25 AM »
Sigh, just what we need, the zillionth version of the "guess a move" games....

I bet when the Playstation 20 is launched, there STILL will be version released...

Well done by the owner of the rights though, they sure know how to keep making money out of them  ;D

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 09:50:22 AM »
Sigh, just what we need, the zillionth version of the "guess a move" games....

;D ;D ;D
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 09:54:29 AM »
Yeah, sorry guys, I know it is cursing in the church here.

I would like to express my feelings about them, but I don't want to hurt other members' feelings here.  ;D

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 10:43:48 AM »
The good thing about all these releases is the fact that few 'generation' of players had, have ...and will enjoy the game on their current system  ;) I doubt a 12 years kid will try the game on CDi on 2010 for example, so he may try it on Wii in that case  ;) So the legend will live forever  8)
There releases don't concern crazy DL arcade fans like us of course, because we already happy with our cabinets, laser disc rip or the 20th anniversary footage for the arcade experience...although these new versions bring us remastered in High Definition version, cells cleaned and more valuable for fan new 'Behind the scenes' or new interviews from the creators, the deleted scenes...
These new versions are more like 'Party games' for example, and I know it works well for kids, because of the cartoon style for example....

Now I can understand everybody is not a Dragon's Lair fans on this board, so it will be nice, smart and wise to not comment every -Dragon's Lair related post- if it's just to express negative ideas or non constructive things, especially if you're not a fan  ::) I'm not mention specifically this topic of course, but I speak in a general way, so no offense  ;)

Thanks ckong the the highlight of this release... I'll take this one for the collection of course  8) ... and wait until I'll have a Wii to give a try  ;D