Author Topic: Warehouse Visit(s) - anyone up for some dedicated games?  (Read 54068 times)

jcp

• View Profile
Re: Warehouse Visit(s) - anyone up for some dedicated games?
« Reply #195 on: March 10, 2012, 02:10:43 PM »
Also offers should be made for an unseen object, which can be in any state (great state if you're lucky, or very bad shape if you're unlucky), that's likely just a risk people have to take.
I absolutely disagree with this, a deal is not about luck if the seller have the chance to make at least more photos about the actual item.
I'm not fancy for buying an empty pinball shell if I'm unlucky. :twisted:
I agree with you Bela.
About old pinballs, the condition of the backglass / playfield is very important in order to put a price on these machines.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 08:59:11 PM by jcp »

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 10, 2012, 08:01:37 PM »
Uh sorry dude but uhmmm.....you come rushing in here having about zero posts and it feels like you already want to run the show. I think it should be pretty clear that only one man is doing that and I know him for a very long time and I trust him 110%. You have never bothered posting on this forum before but now this deal comes up and you are all over the place....
I"m sure you have the best intentions but you feel like an "olifant in een porseleinwinkel".

I know JiggyMF, and be assures, he is a complete reliable and thrustworthy guy.

But I do agree with you, André, Ully runs this show and he should be on the steering wheel. And JiggyMF confirmed that. :)

And hé Arno, since you arrived at this place, why don't you write a nice introduction in the appropriate place?

Alpha1

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 10, 2012, 10:54:08 PM »
Just seen this. It's a shame he thinks everything will go up in price. The truth is that everything WILL indeed go up in price, but so will everything else too like houses, cars, groceries, gas - it's called inflation.

An Indiana Jones pinball might be worth 10,000E in 20 years time but then the relative cost to the cost now after inflation may make it the same amount.

Anyhow I will most likely have to be out of this bulk buy guys as I can't afford to pay normal prices at this time. I always like a bargain of course but I will pass on the games to let other people have them. I already see there is more people for Funhouse and Indiana Jones than there is machines.

Good luck to all!!  :spaceace:

joeks

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Art Repro
« Reply #198 on: March 10, 2012, 11:40:53 PM »
Well, I don't know if if I want to make an offer for a Funhouse pinball machine of which I have only seen the dusty front of.
I really want a Funhouse pinball, but this situation isn't optimal. Maybe visit the place with cash and decide then after we could have had a look?

But Ully, you can ask the guy if he want to sell one for 750 euro. If the machine is in good and working condition, that would be a nice deal.

Makes Arcade Artwork Reproductions at www.arcadeartrepro.com

ElPancho

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 11, 2012, 08:54:48 AM »
Forgot to mention earlier ..... *feels ashamed* ....... Thank you Ully for all the effort you've put into this ! You rock.

I sympathise with you not being able to communicate with this seller. Sure there is talk but it seems he's from another planet.

I think the part where he mentions that a bulk-sell would somehow betray the legacy of his father may sound plausible but ... on the other hand I've yet to meet a business-man that runs his business on emotion, it's just cash to them.

Not selling them now but in 10/15 years from now would certainly up the price, but as Alpha1 said, inflation will bite a fair chunck off the profit by then.

Also there might be the factor that some of us collectors will have abandoned this hobby in 10/15 years (too old to care) so Im expecting to see a fair few collections coming up for sale in the years to come (also with the crisis an whatnot). The newer generations won't be buying from him in 10/15 years as they just don't care about these machines.

And even if the collectors line up in 2025 to buy these machines he'd still have to hook them up at some point and I'll guarantee him a lot of machines won't work after such a long time, decresing the price. Will be "fun" looking for a pin-pcb in 2025 .....

Even if he has "free" strorage that place needs heating in winter and an empty warehouse could be rented out to other people for storing things. I'm guessing property-taxes also apply in Germany. Seems to me his "free" storage is costing him money after all. He, as a business-man, knows this. (cost of ownership)

I still think he wants these machines gone more that he lets us believe.

He's playing it though. Last thing imvho to do is doing it his way, you know beforehand the deal will be "not so good". If bringing up "reality" offends him I would think to myself "though luck, cowboy the f*** up." It's not that he made these machines himself. In that case offending would be a nono.

Shame only a few people on the list take part in this discussion. By doing so (besides that it is fun) it could perhaps supply Ully with more "ammo" in the negotiations.
Which leads me to ask, getting any offers yet Ully? Not that I have a right to know since I'm out of this buy, just curious.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 09:15:37 AM by ElPancho »
current line up: 3 x New Astro City 2x Atomiswave SD, 3 x Aero (2 NOS) and Aero Table
Pac Man
Black Knight pinball
On the way: Daytona USA

skov

• View Profile
    • vudu.dk
« Reply #200 on: March 11, 2012, 10:58:11 AM »
I have to agree with most other posters. Buying a pinball unseen and untested is like testing a 9v battery with your tongue, might be good or it might be a big burn. And the prices would have to reflect that.

If the machines still have the batteries installed on the MPU (which is most likely) and they have been sitting there for quite some time now, there's a growing chance of acid damage to the boards (can't think of what they'll look like if he keeps them there for 10+ more years).

The playfield might have wear and missing unique parts that might make it impossible to restore it to a state where one would be happy about it.

And on top of that there's the cloak and dagger stuff with the father, I can just  imagine driving down there just to have it all fall apart because of family issues.

Still there's some interesting machines there, so I find myself torn. Ully what's your take on the family issue, if we ended up making a deal would it come through alright?

robotype

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 11, 2012, 12:36:43 PM »
Just seen this. It's a shame he thinks everything will go up in price. The truth is that everything WILL indeed go up in price, but so will everything else too like houses, cars, groceries, gas - it's called inflation.

An Indiana Jones pinball might be worth 10,000E in 20 years time but then the relative cost to the cost now after inflation may make it the same amount.

yes, and I also think future generations will care about a funhouse just as much as I care about peppy the clown nowadays (not very much).

Anyhow I will most likely have to be out of this bulk buy guys as I can't afford to pay normal prices at this time. I always like a bargain of course but I will pass on the games to let other people have them. I already see there is more people for Funhouse and Indiana Jones than there is machines.

Good luck to all!!  :spaceace:

seconded. if the price is not intriguing I give up too. I would pay 500 for the super sprint though, and like 300 for asteroids table or tehkan wc.

joeks

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Art Repro
« Reply #202 on: March 11, 2012, 02:59:17 PM »
I was also (and still am) hoping for a good deal/steal.
Don't want to pay market price for a machine if the seller doesn't even take the effort of showing a few pics and some more info.

Send you a PM with an offer for a Funhouse Ully.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 11, 2012, 10:16:04 PM »
sorry for being pretty unresponsive for the last day or so, i'm having some non-arcade related business to sort out, so please hang in there ...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 07:07:15 AM by Superully »
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 11, 2012, 10:20:07 PM »
sorry for being pretty unresponsive for the last day or say, i'm having some non-arcade related business to sort out, so please hang in there ...

No worries Ully, theres other things in life than hobby!

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 11, 2012, 11:09:31 PM »
+1!

Alpha1

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 12, 2012, 02:01:38 PM »
+2

PunkRockCaveman

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 12, 2012, 02:28:19 PM »
+3 ;)

I'm out of this deal anyway. There are to many random factors. Pinball machines are much more difficult to buy without seing them. Too many custom parts in there that could be damaged beyond repair. So good luck to the people that buy one or the seller who thinks they are worth a million ;D

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 12, 2012, 08:21:44 PM »
alright guys, back to this one, don't want to go into a lengthy discussion here, nothing will come out of it in the end because the operator is not reading this and might be immune to what we are trying to tell him 8). With that being said, I have received a couple of ok offers for some pinball machines and videogames which I will forward to the operator on Wednesday (again), so if you still want to make an offer, post it here or send me a message.

Another thing I forgot to mention: he told me that the batteries have all been removed from the pinballs, so no danger of acid damage and - once again - the machines will be complete if you buy them! His staff will go over the games before they leave the warehouse just to make sure everything is there.
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

joeks

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Art Repro
« Reply #209 on: March 13, 2012, 08:48:25 AM »
So who is still in this groupbuy?
I made an offer but I might cancel it before wednesday.
Not your fault ofcourse Ully, but dealing with this operator and all those family stories, I don't know.

Where about is the warehouse located btw Ully? East- or West Germany?
Just so I can take roadtrip cost and effort in consideration regarding my offer.