Author Topic: Warehouse Visit(s) - anyone up for some dedicated games?  (Read 54064 times)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
Warehouse Visit(s) - anyone up for some dedicated games?
« on: August 25, 2010, 08:55:45 PM »
ok guys, with "paul's container thread" taking up most of our attention this is probably not the best time to post this, but who knows? i went on a little roadtrip today where i visited two warehouses / storage units. some very important information first: i don't know ANYTHING about functionality of those cabs you're about to see NOR how much the owner wants for them. he told me to think about what i'm interested in first, send him a list with the names, then he's going to check the function of those games and give me some prices. he's a pretty old dude (around 75), so i'm not sure what to expect. anyway, here are some pictures i took :arrow:

the first number of games where located in a gaming establishment in a storage room labelled "private". here's the building from the outside

inside, totally disappointing at first: just universal cabinets like hellomat

the only thing that looked promising was stuffed away in the corner: a pole position ii cabinet which seems to be in pretty good condition :)

without any high hopes, i went to the second location (the main building) which is about 30 kilometers away

the first thing i saw when i entered the main storage area were tons of old pinball machines, but since i'm not interested into "flipper", i only took one picture

then we turned to the arcade machine and here's my first glance at some of them

one (of two) pole positions

this one was labelled as "not working" (rom error), but i could have guessed that without the sticker. c'mon, it's a pole position :D

next to the pole position one (of two) gauntlets - this one has the full sideart

here's that gauntlet again! as you can see, two of the atari logo joysticks have been replaced, but all in all i'd describe the condition as GOOD!

in front of the gauntlet, a tehkan world cup. from what i know, this is a fun two-player game

the "stadium overlay" is in good condition as well (hard to tell from that picture, in know)

right behind the tehkan world cup, the second pole position

difficult to photograph, because it was blocked from the front, so i only managed to snap this picture of the control panel

back to back with "his brother", the second gauntlet - no sideart at all, at least on one side. next to it a converted missile command

the control panel of the missile command has been replaced, don't know what's inside now and what's left of the original stuff. the sides look much better than on michael's MC though ;)

the sign says that it has been converted

up next: asteroids

as far as i can tell, no sideart on the right side of the cabinet

control panel

cardboard monitor bezel still very colorful

marquee seems to be in great shape

then a game you don't see too often: super sprint

this would look pretty nice after some good cleaning

note that the entire text on the cardboard monitor bezel is in german - one reason why i should get it ;) (although i'm totally out of money atm)

and finally - you might have already spotted it - a paperboy

there are two sega hang ons in there as well (one of them can be seen on the warehouse overview picture), but i forgot to take detailed photos of them - but they are available!

as i've said before: i don't know if those games are working (except for the one pole position) and i don't know any prices yet, but simply shoot me a message or post here if you are interested, perhaps we could get another bulk deal going. note that i retain the right of first refusal if those games are really cheap, for 50 bucks a piece i'm going to take them all ;D 8). since the location is not too far away from me, i'd be willing to pick them up and i'd also be able to store them in The Storage™ for as long as you like.

although there were no real rarities in the warehouse, it was fun going there PLUS the excitement and uncertainty of what to see / discover was priceless! :spaceace:

« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 09:59:43 PM by Superully »
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: Warehouse Visit(s) - anyone up for some dedicated games?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 09:08:32 PM »
If they really are 50 euro each then I will accept the Asteroids as a token of your appreciation instead of the "Neon licht" ;)

...and PM sent of course...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 09:15:02 PM by Level42 »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 09:25:12 PM »
Man what a brilliant find !!!! I _exactly_ know how you felt when you opened that door and stepped inside.... :D

Some nice machines in there.

If I would have the space I would be all over the Super Sprint !!! Love it !

Some tiny little bug in my mind has always been saying that I should replace the Power Drift with a Pole Position. There is no doubt in my mind that any arcade collection needs a racing game, but PD is (compared to the rest of my small collection) the odd one. PP would fit much better with the other cabs because they are from the same ERA. Plus I LOVED PP back in the day. I remember that I first saw the game on a Dutch TV show and clearly remember that my jaw TOTALLY dropped when I saw the graphics, it was ground-breaking at the time.....
However, the electronics....the electronics....it's probably the game with the worst reputation in the field. A PPII recently sold for close to nothing on German e-bay. If you can get it cheap, reserve one for me. Do hope the PCB's are in there.

Does the place have electricity ?

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 09:26:55 PM »
By the way you should REALLY take pics of all the pinballs. There could be some treasures in there and hey, they are generally pretty valuable so good to do some trading...

And did you check the racks in the back ?? Seems to be a lot of spare parts there !

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 09:28:07 PM »
Holy smokes André! 3 in a row!  ;)

Well, i´m in for the Gauntlet w. sideart and The MC  ;D

skov

• View Profile
    • vudu.dk
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 09:33:58 PM »

the first thing i saw when i entered the main storage area were tons of old pinball machines, but since i'm not interested into "flipper", i only took one picture

Some are also interested in "flipper"  ;)

Any chance of a list of these?

Also the paperboy could be interesting

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 09:44:52 PM »
If they really are 50 euro each then I will accept the Asteroids as a token of your appreciation instead of the "Neon licht" ;)

get out of here ;) ;) ;)

i offer to help you recreate that neon sign with "el wire" though, although we should probably take some lessons with master phet first!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 09:51:49 PM »
Man what a brilliant find !!!! I _exactly_ know how you felt when you opened that door and stepped inside.... :D

Yes, that moment is magic  :)

Nice place... Asteroids miam miam  :-* Hope you can save some of them  8)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 09:53:14 PM »

get out of here ;) ;) ;)

i offer to help you recreate that neon sign with "el wire" though, although we should probably take some lessons with master phet first!

No-no-no, you still have to come over for the "learn how to stencil" weekend :P ;)

But seriously.....the Asteroids is for me. (You did already have one, right ?)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 09:54:52 PM »
By the way, lot's of spare monitors in those Hellomats ;)

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2010, 10:01:54 PM »
And a lot of pcbs on that shelf! ;)

Laschek

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2010, 10:05:07 PM »
Could you find out if he has a Cyclone pinball (by Williams)?

devpsx

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 10:07:30 PM »
Waouh :)

I am interested in the paperboy..  :)

Devpsx

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2010, 10:10:09 PM »
And a lot of pcbs on that shelf! ;)
Yup and I see a bare CRT and some monitors too :)

Plus a Daytona USA topper....

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2010, 10:20:29 PM »
Damn, that are some nice games!  :o :o
Pole Position, Gauntlet, paperboy, missile command, asteroids  :o :o :o  All classic cabs i would like to own. And the seem in pretty good condition too. I wonder what the prices will be.  :P

I'm really interested in the pole position 2  :)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 10:29:34 PM by gyruss »