Author Topic: My first electronic handheld game....  (Read 18997 times)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Re: My first electronic handheld game....
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2010, 09:09:50 PM »
WOw, this one has awesome graphics  :o ... and a real 'Tim Burton' style  :-*  :arrow:

:P

Laschek

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2010, 09:16:13 PM »
Yes, but the gameplay sucks. Or maybe I'm too stupid. But it's boring because you don't shoot anything  ;D
Seems you must steer you way to the top. Whatever, at least it looks cool and works, though I don't think those red stripes are supposed to be there... :-\

Laschek

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2010, 08:15:43 PM »
Et voilĂ , my first handheld, bought with my own money (I think) in about 1982(?), still in my possession to this day and still complete with box, styrofoam, manual, and even the protective plastic bag  :shock: :D

Over the years I gathered a few more, sadly yet not properly displayed:

« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 11:53:29 AM by Laschek »

Blanka

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2010, 08:29:45 PM »
"Wie bewaart die heeft wat"  ;D (can't translate that properly).
Nice, most with boxes. Don't get the second hand pricing on G&W though. That Snoopy, if it looks nice, you can probably sell for 200 euro! Rough estimate on the whole box: 1200 euro.
Game-wise, DK Jr, DK, DK II and Mario Bros are a few of the nice exceptions to boredom, hence they are so widely available, yet most G&W do ridicule prices compared to all other hand held brands. There is 50% Nintendo-brand tax on them at least.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 08:32:32 PM by Blanka »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2010, 09:03:18 PM »
From the little I played the handhelds I remember that I actually liked the Nintendo DK's and MB and all the others was.......yawn. The fact that Nintendo is still around probably also helps in keeping the value up.

I'd sell that box if I could get that amount of money, and go buy something from Paul....

Laschek

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2010, 10:10:02 PM »
No way I'm going to sell that, though I got them pretty cheap and would make a truckload of money. Actually there are some more in that box, you just can't see them all plus I also have one of the tabletops (DKjr).
I simply love collecting that stuff, it's a nice addition to the console and arcade stuff.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2010, 10:20:48 PM »
I'd sell that box if I could get that amount of money, and go buy something from Paul....

i couldn't agree more ;) ;) ;)
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Laschek

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2010, 10:29:35 PM »
For that amount of money we bought out entire warehouses of stuff, I laugh at Pauls prices  ;D 8)