Author Topic: SEA INVASION brand new 25 years in a box  (Read 5334 times)

arcadefever

• View Profile
    • http://www.arcadefever.net
SEA INVASION brand new 25 years in a box
« on: December 14, 2006, 08:37:29 AM »
I finaly have it   8)

everything started few weeks ago, a listing on ebay from a guy who as a warehouse in Canada, deciding to sell few cab and pinball NEW IN A BOX ...

the guy is selling also at the same time, 2 robotron NIB...while everybody is fighting for them, i take my chance with one of is listing...

a brand new cocktail table, never been open, 25 years in a box...

the game: SEA INVASION...  :twisted:

after a last minute fight with the last BID, i was finaly declare the lucky winner  :D

the cocktail arrive after 10 days at the Miami international airport... my friend ALON  is coming to the rescue   :wink:

10 am we arrive at the depot:

:evil: everything start wrong, they change policy for pick up items, and they can located the table... :cry:  after an hour of fight and talk they finally find it   :roll:

:(  BUT NO WAYYYYYYYYY, the box look damage !!!!!!!!! so we decide to open it on the spot to check it out....i am ready to drop dead  if anything went wrong ...... :evil:

Alon open the box  :pirate:  YESSSSSSSS everything is ok....they carry it upside down the all time, and the glass didnt broke... i was really lucky  :shock:

we put the table in the jeep, and back to the game room ....

we are so excited that we just look quickly and power the table and then
 :oopss: a big noise come from the cab, a big flash and then nothing   :cry:

i open the table, look arround, i spot that one cable got loose a created a short circuit on the power supply...
ok time to go to  work ... that power supply is the same as the one i have in my astro fighter "made in japan" nothing compare to the ones i use usually...
a cable as melt during the shock, i was able to fix it very quickly, put it back together ...

test number two....

yesssssssssssssssssss it work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok now i can enjoy it !!!! we discover a serial number on the pcb, the same one is on the cab (570)

the cab is so clean, i never imagine to see something like that in real...
i feel like been in a dream ....

the game is similar as "SCRAMBLE" but this time it's in the deep of the ocean....

here few pictures of the beast

the pcb ...

the panel is not scratch, just cover with dust ....

what a day !!!! i still cant beleive that this cab was in a box for 25 years, and nobody as ever play on it...

i hope you guys enjoy the pictures....i will try tomorow to post a video of the game runing , and some more pics also ....

:D

arcadefever

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 04:45:42 AM »
as promise, few more pictures and a video to give you an idea about the game  :wink:

so far no complain, the cab look and work great...

look at this  :shock: 4 play only  :lol:

HERE FOR THE VIDEO !!!

8)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 10:55:03 AM »
Great video Fred  :o

It really looks like another GREAT game : Scramble  :P

How many levels does the game include ? Is it like Scramble or Super Cobra, four stages ?

At the end of your youtube vid', you seems to reach a second level... can you complete the game ?

It would be great to do a video of that *brand new cab out of the box*  :roll:  :wink:

Good job ... for arcade preservation  :o

arcadefever

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 06:59:35 AM »
this game as 6 levels ...the game is really fun to play ...
but some stuff are weird...it is called sea invasion and suppose to be under water, but you see stars like in galaga while you are playing, and the water is just a wavy line on top of the screen  :?

apart that little detail the game is very fun !!! i was able to make it to level 5 ...

:D