Author Topic: Good offer on soldering station  (Read 8028 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Good offer on soldering station
« on: July 22, 2010, 10:21:05 PM »
RS has this soldering station on offer right now:

http://nl.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=searchProducts&searchTerm=6654789&cm_mmc=Email-nl-_-juli-2010-_-General-actie290610-_-Last%20Minute

Great price for a good quality station.

Almost the same as my Ersa (except for the iron itself).

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
Re: Good offer on soldering station
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 10:27:52 PM »
unfortunately not for sale at rs online germany (still around 100 euros), otherwise i would have bought it since mine has developed a problem with the temperature!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Reinhold

• Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 10:34:14 PM »
Damn it's 126,43 Euro here in Denmark  :o >:(

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 10:37:12 PM »
Hey, they even still sell leaded solder tin at RS !

http://nl.rs-online.com/web/399252.html?_ptn=RSHolland&cm_mmc=Email-nl-_-juli-2010-_-General-actie290610-_-Featured-Prod-RS%20loodhoudende%20soldeertin

Get it while you can ! (Unleaded solder tin S-U-C-K-S !)

Sorry guys, I thought this would be international...

kroustibat

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Pascal-O-Rama
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 11:25:33 PM »
for once the deal is available for belgium, thanks to the benelux ;)

thanks level42 for the tips

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 12:46:26 AM »
I would like to buy this solder station, and some leaded solder tin to go with it. Which diameter solder tin should I get for soldering on pcb's. The link André gave is for 0.71 mm thick solder tin wire. Is that not too thick?

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 01:00:46 AM »
It's a bit of a personal preference. I usually like the thinnest possible. I didn't look very well, just saw the link on the regular mailing I get from them.

I'll have a look tomorrow to see what diameter I currently use. I will let you know tomorrow morning.

Note that the offer is for ONE day only....

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 01:03:21 AM »
Here's a web-version of the mailing I got, there's more interesting soldering stuff on offer.

http://online.rs-components.com/interface/external_view_email.php?A870744475682061338886382024

I esp. advice the "desoldeerlint". I used to use a hand tin-sucker, but I switched to this stuff because it works much easier and cleaner IMHO.

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 06:22:09 AM »
good price indeed!
thickness is really a personal preference, i like for pcb's like andre the thinnest as possible, but for normal wire connectons i like more thick because otherwhise you are feeding one meter of tin for every wire  :D

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 07:25:46 AM »
good price indeed!
thickness is really a personal preference, i like for pcb's like andre the thinnest as possible, but for normal wire connectons i like more thick because otherwhise you are feeding one meter of tin for every wire  :D
Exactly, but since I do only occasional wire connections I'll take that small disadvantage against the IMHO bigger disadvantages of thicker solder on PCB's.
The thinner the solder, the easier it mets and flows. But indeed, it's personal preference....

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2010, 08:54:02 AM »
I just registered there. Great online shop (RS = Radio Shack?). And no shipping costs if you buy online. Do remember that all prices are excluding VAT. No problem if you have a business, like me, but else you could be in for a little surprise.

liquidx

• Bruxhell, Belgium
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2010, 09:19:03 AM »
RS = Radio Spares. They've been around a while :)

For people who don't have the offer in their country, if I remember correctly Farnell (same type of global outfit) sell Duratool stations in the same price range.
findapinball.com - The European pinball locator

Laschek

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2010, 09:31:15 AM »
At least here in Germany you need to have a business to order at RS Online, is that so in other countries as well??
And prices are without tax.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2010, 11:29:47 AM »
I just checked my solder tin and it is also 0.7 just like the stuff offered by RS. For me it's the ideal size to work with.

You do need a chamber of commerce number here.

Officially.................................

It's unbelievable, I just ordered 2x 74 series IC's for the total sum of 0.86 Euro incl. tax. I would guess sending the bill (which they do separately) and sending the stuff would cost at least a couple euros but they don't have minimum order amount (except for some items, always indicated )and (in Holland) no shipping costs when ordering online.

The materials are shipped from Germany (by GLS) or England (by DHL, I hate that, they don't drop of items at neighbors, or even if the envelope fits in your mailbox they still want you to sign for such very small stuff....).

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2010, 12:57:29 PM »
good price indeed!
Exactly, but since I do only occasional wire connections I'll take that small disadvantage against the IMHO bigger disadvantages of thicker solder on PCB's.
The thinner the solder, the easier it mets and flows. But indeed, it's personal preference....

i just have two roles  8)  one thin , one thick