Author Topic: [Road Trip] Nintendo VS Duel System  (Read 27357 times)

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
[Road Trip] Nintendo VS Duel System
« on: July 12, 2010, 12:27:38 PM »
Okay, time for yet another road trip.  ;D

A couple of weeks ago I saw a Nintendo Red Tent for sale on marktplaats.com. Because I had just bought another cabinet I decided to let this one go. But after reading Psykick his topic about the cabinet I was feeling bad about missing such a great opportunity.  >:(

Luckily Psykick mentioned that there was another one for sale, so I contacted him and asked for the seller his email. A week and a couple of emails later I made a deal with the owner of the second tent so let's hit the road and bring this baby home :D  

The Nintendo was located in Den Haag, because I was staying at my girl's place this trip will not start in Hilversum but in Amsterdam (020 as some people on this forum like to call it ;)).

As you see there is more then one location on this map, this is because I also will stop at Level42 his place to pick up my centipede pcd, (which Robin was able to fix, thanks again) and some other stuff.

Here is our transportation for the day

And off we go

After 10 minutes we reach the freeway

Schiphol, our national airport

Light at the end of the tunnel

We stop at a gas station for the usual road trip food

After about a half our we are getting near our destination

Two windmills

And we arrive at the seller's place

Didn't make any pictures inside, so after a quick talk we loaded the tent in the van.

Time to visit Level 42

After admiring Level 42 his wonderful collection he handed me over the following stuff

The Nintendo T-molding

My Centi PCB

Trackball and other stuff for the Centi

And a little present, start buttons for my Rolling Thunder.

I would like to thank Andre for the present and the warm welcome he and his wife gave us.  ;D

It was getting late so we had to go, one our later we arrived at my place and unloaded the Nintendo

The tent got a pcb inside with Slalom and The Goonies (which rock). I already ordered Wrecking Crew to replace Slalom.

The tend is in great condition, not as NOS as the one psykick got but still very nice.

I'm really happy with this fantastic cabinet and would like to thank Psykick for helping me to get in tough with the seller.

In the future I plan on buying more eroms (Super Mario Bros, castlevania and Balloon fight) and making a Jamma Connector which allows me to play the Simpsons and install mame.

If you are interested in more info about this cabinet take a look here: http://johnsarcade.com/nintendo_vs_ppu_info.php

« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 12:30:01 PM by gyruss »

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
Re: [Road Trip] Nintendo VS Duel System
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 12:45:15 PM »
nice score, but i still can't dig those table games where you have to sit down. in fact, there are only TWO cocktail games i would really consider buying: atari football and warlords - that's it! nevertheless, the good thing about the red tent is that you can exchange pcbs easily and there are indeed some great games for the system. which other games are in your possession right now?
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 01:02:45 PM »
I don't like cocktails either, but this one is different imho. The screen is located at a better position and there a lot's of games I used to own/play when I was younger. I have The Goonies and Slalom right now, Wrecking Crew should arrive this week.

baritonomarchetto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 01:53:56 PM »
I have never seen this machine live, but must be great! If i will find one, i will buy it for sure
"A true Gentleman leaves no puzzle unsolved"

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 03:13:56 PM »
Congratulations with this nice table game. And it's good to know that both rare red tents have found new caring owners in Holland.  :)

Ronald Reagan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 03:27:26 PM »
nice to see you are still representing the BiFi sausages on the road!!

I played on the red tent and the Goonies game is pretty nice to play. To be able to play a game like Castlevania on this machine simply rocks.
An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.

Reinhold

• Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 04:14:41 PM »
nice to see you are still representing the BiFi sausages on the road!!

Damn every country south of Denmark, have that "Bifi"... we also had it one season i Denmark, but i don't think the sales boomed here in Denmark...

Sweet Red Tent... also on my wish-list... so if you ever want to sale, you know who to contact :)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 07:38:07 PM »
Nice story, thanks for sharing it with us  :-*

Homepage of course  ;)  :arrow:

Hey, The Goonies on it?  :-* I used to play it on my Amstrad CPC computer. Does this arcade version is similar by the way?

A new game, some parts for you game, a nice meeting... what else?  ;)

ps : next time, pictures of all the actors please ... You,Your wife, AndrĂ© and his Game Room  ::) :-*

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 08:20:02 PM »
Thanks for the kind words.

Goonies looks very different, so I guess not. This game was also never released on the NES, because that was Goonies 2. Here is a video i found on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x19AptrB5So

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 08:22:33 PM »
uuhhh, my gameroom is not "picture ready" at the moment.... :D

@ully: did you forget about the Joust side-by-side cocktail ? That would probably be the only one I would get but.....impossible here.....

I really like the red-tent because of it's features. I simply don't have space for one.

Now, we traced 2, there are at least 8 more somewhere.....

Vnera

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 09:05:27 PM »
I like cocktails would love to have a centerpide one. Redtents are awsome i would jamma a nes so you can play the real deal. Also fun fact goonies never made it to the nes. It was a famicom onli titel.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 09:27:12 PM »
@ully: did you forget about the Joust side-by-side cocktail ? That would probably be the only one I would get but.....impossible here.....

agreed - that looks awesome as well! can't beat the upright though.
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Sonic 1992

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • I Wanna Go Back !
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2010, 05:15:26 PM »
Wow, i'ts great that yall are finding these in such great condition!  Funny, I played Super Mario Bros. first on this machine, and these machines usually had the same configuration:

A: Super Mario Bros.  B: Excite Bike

Or:

A: Super Mario Bros.  B: Golf

Psykick

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2010, 02:43:11 PM »
Hehehe looks damn fine man! I'm really glad you got it eventually  8) There are 3 as far as I know and the rest went away a long time ago to some arcade in Morocco  :(
I'm working crazy hours in my shop now and for the coming month, because my wife is on vacation with the kids, so it's very difficult to finish what I started on the tent. Hopefully I will soon though and maybe it'll be of some use. Keep us posted!

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2010, 04:15:48 PM »
Take it easy, im not in a hurry at all  :D