Dragon's Lair Fans - Arcade Lifestyle
August 18, 2019, 01:13:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ALS'/DLF' : your daily dose of Arcade Life Style...inside the Dragon's Lair!

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: :: Report :: DL Euro Fans Meeting 06' in UK  (Read 20973 times)
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2006, 06:19:28 PM »

just one word : GREATTTTT !!!!!!!! :-)

Ok, here's the story... by a Belgium DL fan  

Jason pick me up saturday morning  at the train station, and the first place to visit is ... a fuel  station... where he bought one thousand of sugar refineries, chips, water bottles, coke cans, ... all the essential things to survive two days in the Lair  shock  You have to see the faces of the sellers there, wondering why the hell Jason is buying so much things :-D
By the way, the picture below shows only 20% of all the stuff :-)

OK, arriving the Lair... Matteo & Andrea "ANY" were already working on a cab... this one has missing sound on one chanel...

... I met also Justin... already working on a board... Woow... he is motivate to the death Twisted  Twisted  Twisted  Great !

It is the third time that I meet Jason in his Lair, but the first time I meet & also speak to Matteo, Any & Justin  Shocked They are all very kind ... and they rock in board repairing.
I especially put a knee at ground in front of Matteo, to salute him... because he's the man behind the famous "Dragon's Lair interface", which allow to use my euro DL pcb with a 'recent' LD player Shocked Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Ok, a lot of thing to do these two days : one of them is to install this "Thayer's Quest" conversion kit... still boxed ...

...inside this cab'  arrow

...starting with the score board...

...and a *brand* new WG monitor  Smiley

Jason demonstates us the Sidam DL version, with the second monitor for the crowd... impressive  Shocked

Here's a great item : the original prototype of a print who should be installed inside the sides of the cab', on left & right from the monitor... like a huge bezel  Shocked
Opps... my english is too bad to explain :-( Ok, the picture shows you where it is supposed to be applied roll eyes  :

OK, back on the Thayer's Quest... which LD player to use ?

Matteo & Any are both Jedi Masters, regarding the laser disc player repairing  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

"Is it dangerous ?" I'm asking Matteo, regarding the laser beam ?

"No... just don't get the beam straight to your eye"  :mrgreen:  :|

Hey, what happens with one of the two Ultracade Dragon's Lair 20th anniversary cab ?  shock

... yes, this cab  confused  confused:

Cheesy  Ok, just a CMOS battery to replace... the easiest fix of the week end  lol  lol  lol

But... by the way... what's inside this re-issue cab'  roll eyes     ?

A jamma connector... and a small computer...

...closer :

Ok it's working now  Tongue  Jason, you should switch on that cab' more often, in order to avoid such problem  Tongue  Tongue  Tongue

Hey, great   Shocked  Two more Dragon's Lair fans inside the Lair  Shocked  I'll call them 'the two hardcore gamers'    Here's Steve & Lee  Smiley

only ONE objective for them this week end... to master all the Don Bluth games  shock

While this time, the' THREE TECH' are working...

Any is working on the Thayer's Quest...

...and Matteo is playing on a Vectrex game... oppsss  no  roll eyes   He's working in fact, with a strange tool  with ton of buttons roll eyes  

This player had a mirror problem :

... and ... and ... and...

arrow

arrow

It's FIXED now Tongue  Tongue  Tongue  

OPpsss... too bad, it's not fixed by me  Cool  Cool  Cool , but by the JediMaster Matteo :

These three guys are really impressive regarding their skill in electronic. I would like to have one of them close to my place  roll eyes  

Repairing DL Board : Theory & practice by Matteo SNB : 45878-54145

Why I didn't learn electronic back in the days ...

Justin is great, he explains me the basis regading the 'chip' testing  :idea:

And here's Darren  Tongue

Very kind & cool  Tongue  ... and a die hard Dragon's lair player too  Shocked

I'm happy to see that the Atari Dragon's Lair cab' was the most played cab' Normal, it's the best version  roll eyes  

Darren & the Dragon   arrow

... and it's already time to eat something  Smiley  

Ok, so what's better to eat atfer potatos, chocolates, ... Huh?  Remember, we're in Uk, so let's go for the official food here : Fish'n'Chips  Tongue  Tongue  Tongue

...light food ? mmhhh ?

For few of us, the target is now to complete the game  arrow

Have a look at this picture :

I would die to see the same picture with the same guys ... 20 years ago  Shocked

Holy Jesus, they are all able to finish the game  Shocked  

... I'm happy to see that we are all completing the Lizard King level with the same 'cool' moves  roll eyes     arrow  arrow  arrow

The Thayer's quest is now working  Smiley  There are only the 2 speakers to attach, and ... rock'n'roll  Cool

Ok, it's very late now... after something like 12 ~ 14 hours of Dragon's Lair univers, it's time to take a rest  lol

Too bad, Darren have to quit... I really hope to meet you soon again my friend.

...inside the Jaz' car... with his bikes (under the cover)... Justin ride one of  them  lol

I was sleeping in a room, Justin is the same room too...

"Isn't he adorable" (c)Kimmy  lol  lol  lol

When I awoke, Justin wasn't there anymore... Well, I thing I whirr too much   oppps  roll eyes   ... so he choose to sleep in ... a kitchen  lol  lol  lol

Ok, It's Sunday... the A-Team is ready for a new day  arrow

Now, the 'serious' stuff ... here's the 'all famous' Dragon's Lair serial #1 cab :

A TRUE PIECE OF HISTORY  shock  shock  shock

Jason, playing his fav' game : Dragon's Lair II :

... incredible... he made a mistake ... he misses ONE move  shock  shock   shock   roll eyes  

Matteo is not only a GREAT technician, he loves playing games too  Smiley

Lee & Steve have to quit now... they have to drive 4 hours... so, let's take picture together ( too bad we didn't take a group picture with Darren)

Hey... what happens Huh?

Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh???

Ok, same picture with a flash ... power failure for all the Lair !!!

Any "Oppsss... there's a problem with that cab'"  confused   Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Yes... that *wondorfull* Space Ace '91 conversion/custom cab'

okey, the problem is here ... in the neon marquee...

Just a bad wiring... bad color for the ground wire... now fixed  Smiley

...very very very easy fix for them ;-) Anyway, ENJOY Space Ace on that big screen :

Various pictures taken in that unique DRAGON'S LAIR place  Tongue  Tongue  Tongue

... and still Justine working on board... amazing !!!

It's time for me to leave that *amazing* place, and leave also such great guys. You were all very kind, and it was a real pleasure to meet you -at least-, and speak with all of you. Too bad I've missed others collectors because I've to leave before the end. A special thanks to Jason for beeing so kind, for the perfect organization of that even... you do it right my friend ! There's no other place like that in the world, and you can be really proud to share ALL of your treasors with every Dragon's Lair fans around here   Smiley  Now, I'm sure that the Dragon's still alive... in UK !!!

Arghhh I can't wait the Euro DL Meeting '07 next year  Cool

« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 09:10:58 PM by DarthNuno » Logged

Sonic 1992
ArcadeLifeStyler'

I Wanna Go Back !

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2006, 06:00:41 PM »

Wow!  Looks like everyone had a great time!!!  Smiley   I sure hate it that I couldn't be there.. Maybe some day....   I hope everyone picked up their junk food mess in the lair!!   Cheesy
arcadefever

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2006, 06:40:30 PM »

wowwwwww that is so great... i love all this pictures !!! great stuff ....
it was a pleasure to read all the posts...

maybe one day i will be able to go  

leeram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2006, 12:18:37 AM »

Thanks to everyone who went, I had a brilliant time.

Basically Steve and I (I'm the fat one) spent 13 hours straight playing DL and DL2.

We both completed it but as it happens Steve one manned it, so every time I meet him from now on I will have my nose rubbed in it!

Justin managed to spend probably the same amount of time testing boards, and the other technical people fixed just about everything in sight, including my PSP! There was no stopping them.

Thanks to Finny for everything

And one last thing; Darren, it's SWORD LEFT SWORD LEFT SWORD LEFT SWORD. Anything else is just babble and pretense!

And let's not ever forget, Darren and Ste, you only finished the game because you begged me to tell you the moves because you both used nearly all your men trying to work it out, so the victory is all mine! I just wanted to put this one man finish business into perspective!! ;-)   {to be continued no doubt at Euromeet 2007! :-) }

Cheers

Lee

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: