Author Topic: The Storage™  (Read 88629 times)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
The Storage™
« on: June 01, 2010, 06:28:42 PM »
i've been dropping cabs into The Storage™ for the last couple of months without arranging them properly. the place belongs to my good friend patrik and is used to store a harvester for his father's agriculture. however, normally there is a nice huge raised wooden space reserved for my cabs behind the harvester, but when his father "parked" the machine at the end of the last farming season, he didn't do this very well, so we weren't able to bypass the harvester anymore with the trolly to get the games behind it. with the battery taken out of the engine for its winter sleep, all we could do was drop the games in front of it. now that the summer season is about to begin and the harvester will soon be needed again, we decided to remove the cabs, drive out the harvester and put my cabs where they are stored much better. :)

let's get this show going!!! :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

some of the cabs out in the open - you should have seen the looks of the kids passing by :o :o :o

here's the harvester which has been blocking the access

first row from left to right: stratovox, a generic tv ideal (which i want to get rid off), out run mini, german donkey kong, qix and tank

second row from left to right: death race, atari basketball, breakout, night driver and rampage

third row from left to right: domino man, galaga, ms pac-man, championship sprint and pac-land

who needs workout at a gym when he has tons of arcade games to move around? ;D

view from the top - what a sight! :-*

we've arranged the games in The Storage™ roughly in the order i'm planning on bringing them up into my apartment to get the full restoration treatment! my estimate for The Storage™ to be empty is the year 2017 ...  ;)

all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: The Storage™
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 06:48:46 PM »
I am impressed, truely. One question: how many cabs do you have in total now? Are you planning to have them in sort of a gameroom, or is your apartment the final resting place for these beauties? Or are you planning to make a gameroom in your apartment?

Anyway, I will have to visit you sometime to check out (and play on) your great cabs.  :D  I hope that I don't have to wait until 2017  :lol:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 06:51:17 PM by ckong »

scr33n

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 07:11:41 PM »
Wooowww a love this pic  :-* :-*:

a new 2010 'Starcade' episode ... in Germany  :wink::

:spaceace:

I am impressed, truely. One question: how many cabs do you have in total now? Are you planning to have them in sort of a gameroom, or is your apartment the final resting place for these beauties? Or are you planning to make a gameroom in your apartment?

Yes we want to know, Ully  :pac: :ghost:

+ 100
PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 07:45:16 PM »
how many cabs do you have in total now?

i've just updated my klov / vaps account: 35 games in total  :shock: 8) :-*

Are you planning to have them in sort of a gameroom, or is your apartment the final resting place for these beauties? Or are you planning to make a gameroom in your apartment?

let me start at the end: no, i'm not planning on making a gameroom in my apartment for one important reason: i will be changing the school where i'm teaching either this or next year, which also means i'll be moving out. the place where i'm living right now is big (and cheap for the size of it), but the location is far from perfect and i don't even have a balcony or a garden for my cats. however, i've said multiple times to my friends that i'm only going to move one more time for the rest of my life, which means wherever i'm moving next - THIS IS IT!!! this location will have to be chosen extremely well, because i need a huge gameroom and a garden. whether i have to build something for the games or whether i find a house with a huge basement (which i would prefer) - i don't care, as long as it can house all my games :). i'm sure i will find something in the end, and if i don't, i can still sell off my games - who cares about moon patrol? ;) ;) ;)
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 08:16:02 PM »
What an awesome sight, you will need one hell of a room for all those games :o
I used to have the same generic tv ideal (with Hyper Olympic) as you have. I even asked you some questions on KLOV about it. Glad I got that ugly piece of junk out of my house (still like Hyper Olympic though) ;D
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 10:33:40 PM by gyruss »

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 08:59:53 PM »
looks impressive !

looks also like a lot of restauration in front of you  :lol:

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 11:41:54 AM »

news from The Storage™:

because it's time to harvest the corn next week and the harvester needs to be cleaned inside the shed, we need to protect my machines from all the flour particles that will be flying around wildly. in order to do so, i've bought a couple of huuuge plastic tarps which we are going to put on top of the machines. let's fold them up first because otherwise they are too big to handle!

fortunately, patrik's daughter ronja is a lightweight and she l-o-v-e-s :-* climbing on stuff, therefore she's the ideal partner for the task of pulling the tarp over the machines

halfway there!

we need another tarp to cover the rest of the games

mission accomplished :spaceace:

because the harvester is going to be cleaned with compressed air, we need to add some weight to those plastic sheets!

thx a lot, ronja! it would have been much more difficult without you :)

all the holes have been stuffed!

bring on the harvest :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 12:16:31 PM »
Nice job you did there, that girl is really cute! ;D
Please note that you have to make space for 2 more cabs next week. ;)

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2010, 01:35:03 PM »
Good point ully, on covering up the machines!

- and of course everybody knows what this is:

RAMPAGE!!!!

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2010, 01:50:07 PM »
Please note that you have to make space for 2 more cabs next week. ;)

no problem they will be parked in The Storage Part Deux™ for a while ;D

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2010, 05:03:56 PM »
You already have my deepest sympathy for the day you will be moving to the new house....carrying all the cabs you have upstairs (how many, about 12 or so ?) back down again will be one huge exercise !

Just for fun, call in a professional moving company to request a price for the removal, I'd love to see the sight on his face when he comes into your living room and you saying, this stuff all needs to be moved  ;D ;D ;D

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2010, 05:19:41 PM »
...cannot resist when I see this this  ::)  :arrow:

;)

jcp

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2010, 03:50:35 PM »
Wow, that will be a good 2020 warehouse raid  ;D !
Anyway, great games, sadly there are in storage, and storage is not the best way to save a game (humidity, temperature, wolves  :lol: ...).

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2010, 05:08:35 PM »
Anyway, great games, sadly there are in storage, and storage is not the best way to save a game (humidity, temperature, wolves  :lol: ...).

agreed, not to forget the owl that lives inside that building :ghost:. hopefully i will find a house with a gigantic basement over the course of the next two years which would solve that problem - let's see!

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2010, 05:14:36 PM »
You already have my deepest sympathy for the day you will be moving to the new house....carrying all the cabs you have upstairs (how many, about 12 or so ?) back down again will be one huge exercise !
Just for fun, call in a professional moving company to request a price for the removal, I'd love to see the sight on his face when he comes into your living room and you saying, this stuff all needs to be moved  ;D ;D ;D

i've been thinking about this a lot, andre! it's not that i'm afraid of the cab's weight and the stairs, i'm more afraid of the damages that might occur to my restored machines while carrying them down over those staircases and around those bends. that's why my plan of attack for now is to wrap the games in cardboard and plastic and have them transported down professionally by something like this:

of course, this is going to cost more money than the pizza i'll have to buy for my "mover friends", but it'll be much faster and hopefully better for the games!