Author Topic: FS: the Marktplaats topic, the Netherlands and Belgium  (Read 508705 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: FS: the Marktplaats topic, the Netherlands and Belgium
« Reply #1155 on: October 31, 2012, 02:50:16 PM »
Pic says more than 1000 words :oops:

I am now the happy owner of two hd,s and one rd

just curious: apart from the cabinet color, what's the difference between RD and HD?

You can link rd (somebody knows one fore sale :P) the rest i dont know

Will post some more info on the rd and afterburner project somewhere this week but I am a bit busy at the moment

Haha, yessssss.....where's THE steering wheel ? ;)

Race Drivin' is even better than HD. Just one example: the simulation calculations is done on all 4 wheels instead of 2. It has more powerful hardware and ......more tracks to choose :)

Laschek

« Reply #1156 on: October 31, 2012, 06:21:12 PM »
AFAIK Race Drivin and Hard Drivin hardware is basically the same?

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #1157 on: October 31, 2012, 06:42:25 PM »
Well, yes and no........ but to sum it up Race Drivin' has more hardware power: http://www.jmargolin.com/schem/schems.htm

Quotes from Jed's site:

The TMS34010 does not have floating point, so Max could only model the car as having two wheels. [Level42's note: on Hard Drivin']

For Race Drivin' I put an AT&T DSP32C on the DSK Board (DSK stands for Driver Speed Kit.) The DSP32C is faster than the TMS34010 and has floating point. Because Max wrote the Car Model in C he was able to port it to the DSP32C in an afternoon. After that, he was able to have it execute a car model with four wheels. It also has a faster update rate.

The difference is very apparent when you drive the Original Track in Race Drivin'.

-------------------

The DSK (Driver Speed Kit) Board was used in Race Drivin' only. It contains an AT&T DSP32C Floating Point DSP (ASIC61) to provide for a better car model, as well as extra RAM and ROM, and a Texas Instruments TMS320P15 single-chip DSP (ASIC65) for extra security. Atari called the DSP32C and TMS320P15 ASICxx  (or in some places (PLDxx) to  disguise the fact that they were commercially available ICs. I doubt it fooled anyone.

The DSP32C was originally made by AT&T for their in-house use. Then they started selling it outside the company. Then they spun off their semiconductor business into Lucent Technologies. Then Lucent spun off semiconductors into a company called Agere. Unfortunately, the DSP32C seems to have been discontinued. The DSP32C documentation is a series of manuals about a foot wide.  However, I have posted the basic hardware datasheet here (DSP32C 2.9 MBytes PDF).

The TMS320P15 was (is?) a single-chip version of the TMS32010, the first successful DSP. It had internal EPROM protected by a security bit. Once the security bit was programmed you were not supposed to be able to dump the contents of the EPROM. In the part with a window you could only erase the Security Bit by erasing the EPROM program. We used the part without a window so it could not be erased. (The OTP version was also lots cheaper.)

If you ground pin 4 on the TMS320P15 (signal 'P2') and then reset the chip (turning the game off for a few seconds and then turning it on again will do the trick) the TMS320P15 will send the Atari Games copyright message in Morse code which can be received on a standard AM radio by holding it near the DSK Board. Tune around the AM band to get the best quality signal.

I added this to my Self-Test code so that in the event Race Drivin' was pirated I would be able to tell if the program in the TMS320P15 had been reverse engineered or if the chip's security feature had been hacked. (The Morse code program is not accessible from the game code.)

As far as I know, Race Drivin' was never pirated, although Hard Drivin' was.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 06:46:36 PM by Level42 »

Ronald Reagan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: November 09, 2012, 09:35:19 AM »
http://link.marktplaats.nl/614395977
WWF

http://link.marktplaats.nl/614420256
Pole Position 2, from 50 euro

http://link.marktplaats.nl/614368107
unknown cab, no pcb, screen defect, nice art though

http://link.marktplaats.nl/614393723
1942 Capcom pcb

http://link.marktplaats.nl/614295207
T2, non working, fast pick up

An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.

polderarcade

• View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: November 09, 2012, 09:58:27 AM »
Wwf and 1942 from m.b.f games
I believe it’s a guy named Melvin if so watch out.
Had some problems whit him in the past and his name in the arcade world isn’t great.
Maybe having the wrong person in mind than sorry.

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: November 09, 2012, 10:20:25 AM »
I see a CK in  a starsplash cabinet also in one of the pics

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: November 09, 2012, 10:41:58 AM »

That was my first impression also. ;)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #1162 on: November 09, 2012, 05:40:19 PM »
I have a feeling that there never ever was one Zaccaria thrown away......they are everywhere in Europe ! :)

Reboot

• View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: November 09, 2012, 08:51:35 PM »

That's correct, it's mine. non working at the moment  :(
Have no idea where to start. Hoped that the cab i'm selling had a spare ck pcb inside when i bought it,
which wasn't the case sadly so trying to sell it again without too much loss.
The not to good looking non working pole position 2 has to go aswell to make some needed room in the garage

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: November 09, 2012, 08:59:27 PM »
Aha so its also located in the netherlands !  ;D

boards are easy to find btw  ;)

Laschek

« Reply #1165 on: November 13, 2012, 09:47:34 AM »
I have a feeling that there never ever was one Zaccaria thrown away......they are everywhere in Europe ! :)

I knew a warehouse full of Zaccarias (dozens, if not hundreds, plus lots and lots of other cabs) which burned down to the ground  ;D

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: November 13, 2012, 01:49:45 PM »

I knew a warehouse full of Zaccarias (dozens, if not hundreds, plus lots and lots of other cabs) which burned down to the ground  ;D

Laschek loves to do this kind of tortures to us  >:(  :(

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: November 13, 2012, 02:01:26 PM »
Yeah, he don't afraid of our revenge. ;D

Laschek

« Reply #1168 on: November 13, 2012, 02:26:31 PM »
I forgot to mention that some time before the fire we helped destroy a lot of them (not only Zaccs).
That is, we screwed out the game pcb's and the guy dumped tha cabs in trash containers.
 ;D
Sorry, but that's a long time ago, and no one needed all those cabs.

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: November 13, 2012, 02:28:12 PM »
I forgot to mention that some time before the fire we helped destroy a lot of them (not only Zaccs).
That is, we screwed out the game pcb's and the guy dumped tha cabs in trash containers.
 ;D
Sorry, but that's a long time ago, and no one needed all those cabs.

LOVE this guy! 😃
Looking for a container. Doesn't matter if full or empty. Doesn't matter if working or complete ... And all things Exidy!