Author Topic: FS: the Marktplaats topic, the Netherlands and Belgium  (Read 508684 times)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
Re: FS: the Marktplaats topic, the Netherlands and Belgium
« Reply #195 on: October 26, 2010, 10:42:58 PM »
does that mean you grabbed the afterburner cockpit?
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #196 on: October 26, 2010, 10:49:52 PM »
Seeing that the ad is gone.....I guess so....

Erik, is the guy called Marco ?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 10:53:04 PM by Level42 »

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 26, 2010, 10:54:51 PM »
sh**!!! you knew that i've been looking for one for so long. i'm devastated :'(
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 27, 2010, 08:49:45 PM »
does that mean you grabbed the afterburner cockpit?

Yes, and G-loc.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 28, 2010, 12:23:24 PM »
i don't get it, erik. first you sell your afterburner ii upright because of limited space in your gameroom and then you grab the afterburner cockpit which is so much bigger, knowing that there is someone (= me) on this forum who's been looking for one for such a looong time, who has expressed on multiple occassions his desire to own that machine and who clearly stated in this thread his wish to have the machine. >:( :'(

are you at least going to give that g-loc cockpit to bruno, who has also posted multiple times he needs certain parts to finish his game?

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 28, 2010, 01:04:38 PM »
i don't get it, erik. first you sell your afterburner ii upright because of limited space in your gameroom and then you grab the afterburner cockpit which is so much bigger, knowing that there is someone (= me) on this forum who's been looking for one for such a looong time, who has expressed on multiple occassions his desire to own that machine and who clearly stated in this thread his wish to have the machine. >:( :'(

are you at least going to give that g-loc cockpit to bruno, who has also posted multiple times he needs certain parts to finish his game?

Ully, you really amaze me.

1. I didn't know that you have such a great desire for an AB cockpit. Sure, you mentioned it in this topic, but at that moment I already contacted the seller about it. You may have spoken a few times about this game, but you can't expect me to remember everything everybody tells here. Put it in your signature!! I do for most of the games that I want.
2. The games were for sale on a public marketplace. If you really want something then you sometimes have to react quick. And fortunately a few members over here are so kind to post nice things which are for sale, mainly in The Netherlands, so others can benefit from it (strange actually that there never are nice games for sale in Germany.  ???) So I saw the link, went to marktplaats, shot the seller an e-mail, mentioned this on the forum, realized then that this might not be enough, saw the handy nummer, called the seller and made a deal, came back to the forum again, saw your post and Bruno's one.
3. You can't compare the cockpit version with the upright version. I know it is bigger, and sometimes one has to make sacrifices in order to experience something amazing.  I can live with that. I might sell my DK to make room (no, of course not, just kidding).
4. It's not up to you to say what I should do with the G-Loc. According to the seller it is complete and it was working when he bought it. So are you suggesting that I should take out the parts that Bruno needs? Are you out of your mind? Anyway, just to ease your mind, I PM'd Bruno about 10 minutes before your reply above about the G-loc. I won't say what I told him, but it doesn't has to do anything with you.

Please be a grown man about this and wipe your tears  :), I don't want to argue with you or someone else. We are a small community and although we don't have to be friends with each other, we should respect one another and we should be able to have a laugh and sometimes drink a beer together (maybe in a few weeks  ;) ).
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 05:01:56 PM by ckong »

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 28, 2010, 05:50:22 PM »
i will be crying over this for a long time, simply wiping the tears away won't do the trick :'( this is the second cheap afterburner cockpit i have missed in the last two years >:(

as for your other remarks: i'm done trying to argue with you, erik! i've learned my lesson from this and drawn my conclusion. enough said!!!

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 28, 2010, 08:46:54 PM »
as for your other remarks: i'm done trying to argue with you, erik! i've learned my lesson from this and drawn my conclusion. enough said!!!

Thanks.  :)

And you are the first who I will contact if or when I might decide to sell the AB cockpit.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 08:52:33 PM by ckong »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #203 on: October 28, 2010, 10:28:20 PM »
Seriously Ully, even I didn't know you were looking for one. I guess you're looking for many more cabs as well.....If we all have to keep a record of who is looking for what.......well it's just not realistic....

Even so, I don't see any obligation for anyone here to let an opportunity go because someone else is looking for the same cab. I mean, I've been looking for a Q*bert forever, but that doesn't mean that I hated it when Bruno found one and bought it....in fact I was very glad, because I know I will be able to play it one day in the future !

I think we should be glad that this cab is coming "into" the "community". Who knows what happens in the future.

You make it sound like Erik "stole" this cab from the front of your nose, but in reality someone (the Dutchies) started to post interesting stuff we find on a DUTCH selling place. I don't see much of that happening from other countries (with the exception of Belike's efforts from Hungary!).

I check Marktplaats (and other sites) about 2x a day. Being from Holland and seeing the seller is from Holland, we are in an advantage I guess, but that would be the same for Germany, France or any other country.

Instead of crying over your "loss" you should be DAMN happy (and proud) about the HUGE number of cabs you have already !
Also....so far, this "community" has helped you in _lots_ of ways. Your behavior is not only arriving at Erik but also at the rest of us...which really doesn't help you IMHO.

As always, I take the liberty to speak my mind. I am not choosing sides, I am just giving my honest opinion. I hope both of you can handle it in an adult way.

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 28, 2010, 11:40:18 PM »
Too bad you didn't get the cab Ully, but I guess it's all part of the game, the fastest person gets the cabinet.
Don't worry, you will own one eventually, just a matter of time..

Congrats to Eric, a very nice addition to your already impressive collection. I hope you will get both cabinets running, that's going to be one hell of a job.

I own an upright afterbuner, it runs for a couple of minutes and then freezes, but that's just enough for me to know that i don't like the game play as much as i used to do when i was younger. But i totally understand the appeal of the cockpit version.  
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 11:41:56 PM by gyruss »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #205 on: October 28, 2010, 11:48:48 PM »
I agree.....it's A BIT like Star Wars. Nice game on the upright, but the only TRUE version is the cockpit.

And I also think AB is more of a classic than AB 2 because.....well because AB was breaking new grounds, which AB 2 didn't....

Apart from that, I've always rendered AB as a game that I do not wish to own. From the first time I played it when it was new in the arcades, I always had the feeling that it was more a game of chance then actual control. Maybe that was because I was already becoming to slow for these "modern" games, maybe I just didn't play it enought, but I keep thinking that the game is about "moving the joystick like nuts in random directions, push the buttons as fast and as often as you can, also randomly and hope the best....."

Stilllllll, it's cool to play the cockpit :D

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 28, 2010, 11:57:12 PM »
It isn't only luck but also skills, the game isn't as random as you may think.

I played the game (upright) at the Rosmalen tennis tournament quite a lot when i was young and absolutely loved it.
Later, I played it on the Mega Drive and it was also great but it got old soon.

But still, it's a real Sega classic and you will still find it in Japanese arcades. I love the bright colors and the cockpit version is indeed something special.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 12:02:54 AM by gyruss »

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 29, 2010, 07:11:58 AM »
thx for your words, guys! as i've said before: i have learned a lesson from this! let me put it like this: this week hasn't been one of the best weeks in my life so far (personally) and when the thing with the AB cockpit happened, i might have overreacted a little bit because i was already on the edge. i should have stepped back , taken a deep breath and be done with it - there will be another afterburner cockpit on the horizon somewhere.
therefore: i'm sorry!!!

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 29, 2010, 08:01:50 AM »
thx for your words, guys! as i've said before: i have learned a lesson from this! let me put it like this: this week hasn't been one of the best weeks in my life so far (personally) and when the thing with the AB cockpit happened, i might have overreacted a little bit because i was already on the edge. i should have stepped back , taken a deep breath and be done with it - there will be another afterburner cockpit on the horizon somewhere.
therefore: i'm sorry!!!

Cheers.  8)  :)  I hope that we have a chance to meet soon and drink a beer over it.

@Gyruss, I donated the G-loc to Bruno.

Ronald Reagan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 29, 2010, 09:30:06 AM »
I know that there is still an AfterBurner cockpit in Terschelling's arcade hal. Maybe it will be sold one day
I played it a couple of months ago when I was there. The owner told me he bought it quite cheap from a big arcade wholesale company, who nowadays concentrates more on photoplays, dance machines etc.
An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.