Author Topic: FS: the Marktplaats topic, the Netherlands and Belgium  (Read 508907 times)

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
Re: FS: the Marktplaats topic, the Netherlands and Belgium
« Reply #105 on: September 17, 2010, 04:15:39 AM »
@ Blanka and Level42 : Thanks a lot for your input. Yes indeed I didn't really get what he meant by a motherboard "from here".
I think I'll try my luck with this one. I let you know if I win this auction and might be back with some silly questions.

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 17, 2010, 07:35:23 AM »
Martkplaats does not work like ebay in terms of "winning an auction"
even if you are the highest bidder that does not mean you will get it (thats my experience)
better call or email the dude straight and make an offer and try to work things out

Thwocker

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Universal Arcade Cabs
« Reply #107 on: September 17, 2010, 08:59:25 AM »
I will try to keep this Ms Pac in Holland   ;D

Cheers,
Marco
Wanted: everything Universal , Stern and Gottlieb. Currently looking for Computer R3, Curve Ball, Goal to Go, Jungler, Fast Draw, Limbo, No Man's Land and Speed Coin.

kroustibat

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Pascal-O-Rama
« Reply #108 on: September 17, 2010, 09:14:37 AM »
I will try to keep this Ms Pac in Holland   ;D

Cheers,
Marco

i gonna get flame but that's not really fair play seeing that chrischris was the first from here bidding on it ... You just gonna make the price higher for both of you... I know it's internet rules ... but i just find it's a pity

if "christophe" is not chrischris, i apologize
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 09:17:15 AM by kroustibat »

Thwocker

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Universal Arcade Cabs
« Reply #109 on: September 17, 2010, 09:29:56 AM »
No offense, in fact I was the second person to bid.
Only my actual high bid is currently shown, I removed the others (weird marktplaats system).

Cheers,
Marco
Wanted: everything Universal , Stern and Gottlieb. Currently looking for Computer R3, Curve Ball, Goal to Go, Jungler, Fast Draw, Limbo, No Man's Land and Speed Coin.

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 17, 2010, 09:34:47 AM »
i gonna get flame but that's not really fair play seeing that chrischris was the first from here bidding on it ... You just gonna make the price higher for both of you... I know it's internet rules ... but i just find it's a pity

I think fair, or unfair, is no issue here. Marktplaats and Ebay are public selling platforms. So everybody is allowed to place a bid, even if someone else from the forum shows interest. What for instance if Marco already noticed the add by himself earlier (collectors do scan these sites regularly), should then the fact that it is publiced on this forum and someone on this forum shows interest, prevent Marco from placing a bid? I don't think so.

If I see something that I really want, and someone else from this forum is also very much interested in it, then both should bid until one of two feels the price gets too high. I mean, you bid the amount which you think it's worth for you.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 10:36:58 AM by ckong »

kroustibat

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Pascal-O-Rama
« Reply #111 on: September 17, 2010, 09:40:09 AM »
I think fair, or unfair, is no issue here. Marktplaats and Ebay are public selling platforms. So everybody is allowed to place a bid, even if someone else from the forum shows interest. What for instance if Marco already noticed the add by himself earlier (collectors do scan these sites regularly), should then the fact that it is publiced on this forum and someone on this forum shows interest, prevent Marco from placing a bid? I don't think so.

sure you're totaly right, i've nothing against that and as i said in my post "i know it's internet rules". i was just confused with marktplaats bidding system.
i'm too oldschool, i'm not much into the bidding stuff  ^^

No offense, in fact I was the second person to bid.
Only my actual high bid is currently shown, I removed the others (weird marktplaats system).

Cheers,
Marco

my bad, i present you my apologize

Vnera

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 17, 2010, 10:07:43 AM »
I was the first 1 to bid. I think the price is supper but i cant go higher then 300 atm. Emailed the seller and he asked me to foon back but i did it to late. 400 was already been offerd.

Ronald Reagan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 17, 2010, 10:33:23 AM »
I noticed the add is put on GERESERVEERD, which means as much as: reserved for the highest bidder (but not sold yet)
An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 17, 2010, 10:39:12 AM »
 ;D ;D

ElPancho

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 17, 2010, 04:34:01 PM »
Slightly off topic again .... I also own a Baby Pac Man (sorry, not for sale) and the game rocks.
Pac man bit perhaps is a little too difficult, but at free credits who cares ;-)

Working on it is difficult but certainly do-able.
This site helped me a lot:

http://www.marvin3m.com/bally/babypac.htm

Done by pinball repair wizard Marv. They also have really great instruction dvd's on how to perform repairs on pins.

And the amiga monitor (the Philips one ofcourse is the better choice) has the same diagonal as the one in baby pac.

One day I'll put this to the test as I just got hold of -yet another- Philips amiga monitor.
current line up: 3 x New Astro City 2x Atomiswave SD, 3 x Aero (2 NOS) and Aero Table
Pac Man
Black Knight pinball
On the way: Daytona USA

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 17, 2010, 04:57:02 PM »
Yes indeed I tried to get that cab and even got in touch by email with the guy because he wanted somebody who could pick it up wednesday the latest.
Marco kept on raising the price by steps of 1€ and in the end I received an email "gereserveerd".
Well I tried and I lost because as ckong wrote I never used marktplaats before and didn't know about the "contact the seller" part.
That's OK, absolutely no hard feelings and lesson learned, next time this will give me an opportunity to practise my dutch  ;)
Because I was very sad and depressed  :P :P, I decided to bid on another cab (not a miss pac-man) on ebay england today,...
If that turns out well, you'll hear me bragging about my new dedicated cabinet pretty soon on this very forum.
Come on guys, I had to have something nice to bring to our 2011 meeting  ;D
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 06:10:30 PM by chrischris »

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 17, 2010, 05:02:06 PM »
... I decided to bid on another cab (not a miss pac-man) else on ebay england today,...

don't tell, now people will go and look ....  ;) :D

Vnera

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 17, 2010, 05:18:35 PM »
... I decided to bid on another cab (not a miss pac-man) else on ebay england today,...

don't tell, now people will go and look ....  ;) :D

Have to agree on that. Dont say you have it until you can touch it!

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 17, 2010, 06:16:46 PM »
Wise advise Ckong & Vnera.
"Grave danger you are in. Impatient you are."
-- Yoda