Author Topic: New Dutchie  (Read 6012 times)

falcon NL

• Im Loving this!
    • View Profile
    • Florush
New Dutchie
« on: May 04, 2010, 01:45:59 AM »
Hi there

Ckong was nice enough to show me this place to introduce myself...so here i go

Im Floris, born and raised in Utrecht, The Netherlands. Im 21 years old (I know im young for these forums :wink: ) and i love vintage gaming...why? Well when i was just a little Floris my parents thought i would be nice to buy a gaming console for me and my brother. So in 1993 my parents bought the NES from our neighbor + 24 NES games. And thats why i love vintage gaming, because i learned playing gaming on it!! All the time behinde all those old NES games ;D

After that me and my begged for a SNES and in the end we got one. So to sum it up, i was brought up with almost the real deal...So now im here to replicate one a Nintendo Cabinet and play all my favorites on it!

And for a job, im a props maker for student movies and all sorts of things. But im am a total noob at making Cabinets, but i have been looking to build on over these last 4 years so i have a tiny clue how to make one.  But most of this is new to me, but so far the people are very nice and extremely helpful :)

You can see my progress here: https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=1576.0 
Current Project: Donkey Kong

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: New Dutchie
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 10:13:04 AM »
Hi Floris, welcome again. In 1993 you were only four years old, and then already playing console games? That is nice. I also have a NES and SNES, but I only bought them a few years ago. They made great games for these consoles. And you are never too young for this forum, or for this hobby. In fact, the younger the better because you then still have a lot of years to enjoy this hobby.

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 10:15:16 AM »
Hey Fallcon and welcome!

and only 21 years old... damn!  :spaceace:

scr33n

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 12:43:55 PM »
Welcome here Falcon  :spaceace:

Enjoy this great forum  :-*
PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber

Ronald Reagan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 04:46:24 PM »
hello new Dutch member! Good luck with your DK replica project.
An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 05:08:46 PM »
welcome falcon! we should make a national count to see who's got the upper hand - i bet the dutchies rule this forum  :P
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Sonic 1992

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • I Wanna Go Back !
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 05:20:21 PM »
Hello, and Welcome!!!   ;D

You could find an old cabinet and use it to make your NES/SNES arcade game..  I did the same, I wanted a Sonic The Hedgehog arcade cabinet, because they simply don't exist... so in the summer of 1993.. I built one out of an old Defender cabinet. 

As you can see, it turned out pretty well!  :-)

Vnera

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 05:42:05 PM »
Welkom!

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 08:32:28 PM »
and another dutchie !

WELKOM HIER !  ;D

falcon NL

• Im Loving this!
    • View Profile
    • Florush
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2010, 04:47:31 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome! I already feel so at home at this board!

Wow there are a lot dutch people here (yeeh)!. Cant wait to show you guys the update tomorrow night!
Current Project: Donkey Kong

Brry71

• View Profile
    • The other side of me
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2010, 07:33:41 AM »
Hee man,

Van harte welkom!!!

I hope you will enjoy this forum the same way I do! And you're never to young for vintage! My two sons (5&7) enjoy playing Galaga, Pacman & Mappy just as much as they love new Super MArio on their Wii.....

Since I got planned to scratch build a DigDug, Donkey Kong and maybe a Pacman I will be following your post with a lot of attention...

Have a great time here!

Barry
LOOKING FOR: a license to print money.....

And a Pacman. And a Donkey Kong.