Author Topic: Missing enemies Moon Cresta.  (Read 12763 times)

Vnera

• View Profile
Missing enemies Moon Cresta.
« on: April 26, 2010, 08:19:48 PM »
I have bought this Cocktail table whit the game moon cresta in it. It isn't a original Moon Cresta but what game it is i don't know.
The problem whit the game is that is isn't displaying enemies names of hi score intro en weird line of colors on top of the screen.

Now i have tried to take out the eeroms and clean the legs and putting them back whit some contact spray but that diden't work. I also tried to clean the edge connector and respan the pins of the connector like i did whit all my nintendo's

I'm not afraid of soldering and i can get all the parts i need from school so that cant be a problem its just that i don't know what it is. The caps seem fine and the board looks clean except the stuff the previous owner did near the edge connector.

Also if you know what the original game please tell me because i cant seem to find it.

P.S Its a PCB from the company gauselmann

the table

the top instructions.

top of the pcb

back of the pcb

Hope somebody can help me!

P.S.S
Bought it from arcadecollection thanks again for the great deal!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 09:07:16 PM by Vnera »

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
Re: Missing enemies Moon Cresta.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 09:44:21 PM »
Seems to me, that is an original Moon Cresta board, I found a similar one with photos in Arcadiabay for a crazy price :o
http://www.arcadiabay.de/source/item.aspx?id=3286
I don't know what could be the problem with that, but i'm sure the experts from here could help you! ;D

Laschek

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 12:28:55 PM »
Check the ribbon cables, they might be defective or not properly seated.
If you have access to an eprommer test the roms if their contents is still ok.
Adjust +5V.

Vnera

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 07:13:01 PM »
I checkt the ribbon cables and the are Fine. I reseated them just to be a 100% that wasn't it.
I could try to get a eprommer to test the roms on school but i would have to ask. Also what if the roms are bad? Where can i get new ones ore where can i get the image to put on them?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 09:04:48 PM by Vnera »

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 07:53:37 PM »
I checkt the ribbon cables and the are Fine. I reseated them just to be a 100% tad wasn't it.
I could try to get a eprommer to test the roms on school but i would have to ask. Also what if the roms are bad? Where can i get new ones ore where can i get the image to put on them?

i dont want to flame you fellow dutchguy , but  "tad" is "that"  ;D  no offence ofcourse , my english is also not the best  :D

for the roms i think you can burn the content of the mame rom zip file

find moon cresta roms

@ people who know if this is right :correct me please if i am wrong, then i learn also something again  8)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 07:56:20 PM by Etienne [NL] »

Vnera

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 09:13:49 PM »
I checkt the ribbon cables and the are Fine. I reseated them just to be a 100% tad wasn't it.

i dont want to flame you fellow dutchguy , but  "tad" is "that"  ;D  no offence ofcourse , my english is also not the best  :D

for the roms i think you can burn the content of the mame rom zip file

find moon cresta roms

Thanks for telling me. I tried the spelling check but they came up whit "tad" . My spelling is really bad sorry for that :oops:

i will ask tomorrow on school if we have the stuff to burn new roms.

@ people who know if this is right :correct me please if i am wrong, then i learn also something again  8)

liquidx

• Bruxhell, Belgium
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 10:32:05 PM »
I checkt the ribbon cables and the are Fine. I reseated them just to be a 100% that wasn't it.

For testing, what you need is romident. I use it all the time, read the rom, save the file, drag it to romident and it'll tell you immediately what it is if it recognises it (it uses the Mame DB).
findapinball.com - The European pinball locator

Vnera

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 07:07:49 PM »
Asked my teacher and he lookt at me and sad cant you flash it? I explaint him what i wanted to do and he wanted to help me but he sad the didn't have the burners any more maybe the where is storage and he would look for me. But tomorrow he has a free day Friday is queens day and after that i have a week vacation and cant go to school. Is there some place where i can buy the burned roms? Ore should i buy a burner my self? i Always wanted one to make nes reproductions but i think the money is better spend on a other cab.

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 08:15:01 PM »
i would suggest to take a look here  8)

Laschek

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 10:43:56 AM »
I don't think buying new Roms without knowing if they are really the cause of the malfunction is the way to go.
I'd wait at least if your teacher is able to help.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 11:50:17 PM »
Could be RAM as well.

Where in Holland do you live ? Maybe I can at least read the ROMs for you to see if they're OK.

Vnera

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2010, 03:23:51 PM »
I live in a town called Sambeek http://maps.google.nl/maps?q=sambeek&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:nl:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=nl&tab=wl if you could read the roms that would be awesome!

Last night i showed the game to somebody and i noticed that the enemies arnt relay missing but are "hiding" Because when the enemies circle around and go true the bottom of the screen to the to the top i can see them but only when the enter from the top and then only in a small banner across the screen the same hight as the hi score is. Hope my explanation  is clear if not please say so i can make a youtube movie about it.

Vnera

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2010, 09:12:41 PM »
I'v again lookt at the board and found 1 cut trace and the tried to fix it but the soldered the wire to the wrong pin. But the cut looks like its has bin  made whit a Stanly knife and its between the 2 board so it think somebody made the cut. Maybe it has something to do whit the weird fix on top of the board.

P.S lvl 42 you have a PB  :)

Vnera

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 03:03:34 PM »
Oke i tried fixing it today but it went bad.... i reseated the roms and still the same problem. Then i switched the dip bad switch and every thing went bad. I placed the dip switch back in the correct setting but it didn't help.

Is there somebody who can fix this pcb for me? The table is standing in the living room for 2 months now and still isn't working. And i need to have it working in 1 month time because there is thing in my town and the asked if i could come whit my 2 mame cabinets and the table.

Is there any body who wane try. I will pay of course and if its possible i will bring the table so you have every thing. To work whit.

ElPancho

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 04:07:41 PM »
Try VectorGlow over on Arcade Otaku.

This guy's got da skilz.

I've dealt with him personally, great guy even greater knowledge of pcb-repairing and testing
current line up: 3 x New Astro City 2x Atomiswave SD, 3 x Aero (2 NOS) and Aero Table
Pac Man
Black Knight pinball
On the way: Daytona USA