Author Topic: Forum policies/rules  (Read 26824 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Forum policies/rules
« on: February 08, 2010, 01:50:34 PM »
IMHO this forum needs some rules so that is clear for everyone who registers what they are and that they agree with them.

May I suggest to use these rules (maybe adapted a bit here and there):

http://arcadecontrols.com/arcade_message_rules.html

Esp. rule nr. 5 and rule nr. 10 appeal to me.

Rule nr. 1 is great too. It prevents a member to become called an Al-Qaida terrorist...... :roll: :roll: :roll:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 01:53:23 PM by Level42 »

petieken

• Belgium
    • View Profile
    • My VAPS Entry
Re: Forum policies/rules
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 02:07:39 PM »
IMHO this forum needs some rules so that is clear for everyone who registers what they are and that they agree with them.

Rule nr. 1 is great too. It prevents a member to become called an Al-Qaida terrorist...... :roll: :roll: :roll:

+1

This would indeed be a good idea to get some rules, especially because this forum is growing pretty fast lately. When there are rules there is no confusion possible whether some subject CAN or CAN NOT be mentioned/written.
Wanted: Cadillacs and Dinosaurs CPS1 Q-Sound pcb | SegaSonic The Hedgehog Art & instruction set

polaris

• veni vidi congai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 02:37:01 PM »
Andre, i agree with you that rules are important, but please permit me to say this without offence to anyone.

in my opinion, you and mav argued here first because of a poor choice of english from you both, i think you misread each others intentions and it causes you to argue.

please both of you consider this and kiss and make up :-* :-*

and im in no way criticising your language abilities, just as a native english speaker i understand the fine point of the language and can see where things may be mis-interpreted.

im sure mav will apologise for his al quaeda 'joke' and really understands that you just have an incredible passion for the arcade scene.  Don't you mav?

please take my advice andre and mav, i dont think two people so involved in the hobby need to argue, discuss yes, argue no.
 :spaceace:
just keeping an eye on things

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 04:11:23 PM »

+1

@polaris: you are right, we all are involved in this hobby because of the fun of it, and we join forums because we want to share our fun, discuss stuff with each other, give your opinion about things, learn from each other, and sometimes also argue with each other as long as it is done politely. Arguments can be necessary to make one’s point. Webmaster shouldn’t be afraid of this to happen and that’s why a good set of forum rules is welcome. Every group of people needs them.

I would add rule number 14 though: Keep in mind that not everybody understands English as good as you do. Make the structure of your posts easy to read, it will help others to understand the message.

Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 04:29:27 PM »
I have not attacked anybody

I just tried to explain to our friend level that he should calm down and see things from an another perspective

As you know the attack from Level 42 was directed against our chinese friend, not against me

and if you see the thread was between him and the chinese

I only tried to let "level" understand that a forum is a public place, where people has different ideas and most of all these idea must be explained politely and not imposed

Being always aware not to be at 100% correct or on the right side

nothing more, nothing less

But I think the main problem is not a word (that was just to let him figure out what he was appering - not to offend him - it is not my style), but the behaviour in which the whole situation degenerates everytime things ends (this time our new chinese friend) for someone not sharing his point of view

if he wants a 100% pure arcade collector site than should make one on his own,

it must be stated that on this particular subject I agree with level (I' m for the original hardware too 100% since my first day collecting)

but i don't condemn who doesn't (like bruno)

respecting others' ideas

"Live and let die"

Mav

check the thread to see for yourself:
https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=1341.0
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 04:41:26 PM by Maverick »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 04:40:30 PM »
You are completely missing the point Mav.

I did not attack anyone. The Chinese company put up a question with a link to the commercial site they have. In the banner of the site, there is a product that I did not like. I didn't like it because it looks ugly (opinion), has an LCD (I don't like that, opinion), has a 48in1 in it (I've got one, they're OK but still illegal) and uses a Galaga marquee(which I don't like either, another personal opinion).

I put up that image (the banner) and put another image of an emoticon that was puking. It expressed my feelings about that product. I did not ATTACK anybody. YOU always claim that I attack others, while in fact YOU keep attacking ME. YOU Keep telling me WHAT to do, I do NOT want that. I am a FREE person. I am NOT saying what YOU should do.

In fact, I've completely had it with a clown like you. You have contributed NOTHING of importance to this forum.

You keep babbling about being "civilized" while you do not even keep agreements with members here....talk about being civil HA !

The only thing I've seen that if somebody posted something that f.i. they would like to import a cab, or do something, you came up with a lengthy explanation about how much it will cost, and how impossible it will be. YOU always wrote that in a way as if YOU knew everything all the time, like you are fucking GOD !

I am completely sick of it, and have thus concluded to say farewell to this forum.

I liked this forum a lot, but I obviously have no place here, with a moderator that is protecting a Chinese bootleg company that fucking posted 5 posts since 3 days ago, against a member who has CONTRIBUTED over 1100 posts here, trying to help other people, contributing good stories etc. etc. AND TRYING TO FIGHT SPAM LIKE THAT CHINESE MANUFACTURER PUT UP HERE.

DO YOU HAVE A COMPLETE BLINDNESS ??!?!?@?@@?

I AM SICK OF IT. I'm gone.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 04:43:09 PM by Level42 »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 04:49:38 PM »
O one more thing, here's a clip that I saved from one of Mav's earlier posts in our first "argument". This is from an e-mail I sent to Bruno before he deleted this from the forum:

Look what he wrote:

And by the way if you don't know I'm "quite" experienced on 1o1 (my passion for Japan did not started with videogames, if you don't know..

but anyway in case we meet someday i can even show you personally - few seconds make miracles in changing hot heads' behavours for good manners)

you don't scary me at all man

At least with your physic you just make me smile

Bruno, if you feel there is a place for this guy on your forum, I'm gone.....

Not only is he insulting me, judging me on my outer appearance, but also is he threatening me enough to sue him in my country....
I should have left then I guess... I knew it would surface again sooner or later.

Enjoy your troll !!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 04:51:25 PM by Level42 »

Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 05:08:23 PM »

In the banner of the site, there is a product that I did not like. I didn't like it because it looks ugly (opinion), has an LCD (I don't like that, opinion), has a 48in1 in it (I've got one, they're OK but still illegal) and uses a Galaga marquee(which I don't like either, another personal opinion).

Sure, and you could express it with polite attitude?

I did not ATTACK anybody. YOU always claim that I attack others,

Are you sure?

sunamusement felt attacked, telling you:

Quote from: sunamusement
"I just want to express my think. If you don't like chinese products, It is ok, no body push you to buy them. that is very simple, you choose what you like. i don't understand why you make it complicated ??  This is becoming ridiculous!!!"

Is it enough clear to let you understand that your way of expressing ideas creates some problems?

while in fact YOU keep attacking ME.

No level, I just ask you since we are a community to respect other's opinions and point of view (if they like repro cabs or mame it is right they do it)

In fact, I've completely had it with a clown like you. You have contributed NOTHING of importance to this forum.

Are you sure?

why don't you ask to Finny, Any, James richardson, giddygoons,

I really think you don't much of what you talk about..

Anyway, I think you are too much of yourself to understand what i already wrote you: "we are all equal"

but you seems to claim more importance for you long term inscription than the people reckonize you

Anyway you talk about contributions:

check here, just to mention few:

https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=1212.0

https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=1166.0

https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=676.0

you are fucking GOD !

I think you've gone too far

blasfemy is too much

a moderator that is protecting a Chinese bootleg company that fucking posted 5 posts since 3 days ago, against a member who has CONTRIBUTED over 1100 posts here,

bruno has done nothing, you are trolling in an uncivil manner about a discossion that is already clear

Mav
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 05:39:32 PM by Maverick »

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 05:09:06 PM »
Quote from: level42
O one more thing, here's a clip that I saved from one of Mav's earlier posts in our first "argument". This is from an e-mail I sent to Bruno before he deleted this from the forum:

Look what he wrote:

And by the way if you don't know I'm "quite" experienced on 1o1 (my passion for Japan did not started with videogames, if you don't know..

but anyway in case we meet someday i can even show you personally - few seconds make miracles in changing hot heads' behavours for good manners)

you don't scary me at all man

At least with your physic you just make me smile

Bruno, if you feel there is a place for this guy on your forum, I'm gone.....

Not only is he insulting me, judging me on my outer appearance, but also is he threatening me enough to sue him in my country....
I should have left then I guess... I knew it would surface again sooner or later.

Enjoy your troll !!

Well, i must say if that really is the case that Mav wrote that to Andre, maby Mav is the one to leave us!!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 05:20:34 PM by Muerto »

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 05:12:27 PM »
Mhh... I'm very sad to see a such topic here  :-\

To make a long story short :

I'm not for or against Chinese arcade shops. I've just remove your post because it was out of topic. I've invited you to create a new post if you want to discuss about this. I use to give a nice Welcome to everyone who register here, and give a little more attention to the new members in the beginning... especially members from 'new' country like China... that's all  ;) Of course, with a shop link in the signature, I'm pay more attention about what's coming next, but in that case ... no spam or bad advertising so far. Just a simple question....

Come on guys, please spend you energy to the things you're so great in : helping people, great arcade stories, debate but still with the respect of all... and don't bring back old stories that was already discussed  :-\

Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 05:30:43 PM »
Mhh... I'm very sad to see a such topic here  :-\

I'm not for or against Chinese arcade shops. I've just remove your post because it was out of topic.

Right, he was just asking an information, nothing more!

Level made a mess of his business (that is not advertized here)

I use to give a nice Welcome to everyone who register here, and give a little more attention to the new members in the beginning... especially members from 'new' country like China... that's all  ;)

no spam or bad advertising so far. Just a simple question....

As above

Mav

Come on guys, please spend you energy to the things you're so great in : helping people, great arcade stories, debate but still with the respect of all... and don't bring back old stories that was already discussed  :-\

I don't know why this guy argue now even with a new member never known before

Anyway..

[Well, i must say if that really is the case that Mav wrote that to Andre,

Muerto,

1) where it is written?

Mav

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2010, 05:35:49 PM »

Muerto,

1) where it is written?

Mav

There are 3 people who know you wrote that. That is me, you and Bruno. He deleted it. You know it is true.

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 05:36:17 PM »

Muerto,

1) where it is written?

2) Have you seen what he wrote to others?

oviesly in another post here before it was deleted:

Quote from: andre
a clip that I saved from one of Mav's earlier posts in our first "argument". This is from an e-mail I sent to Bruno before he deleted this from the forum:

Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2010, 05:52:20 PM »
Level what is wrong with you, man?

what is your problem?

I think your crusade is useless,

you dont' get gain nothing from this debate or from criticizing the chinese member

most of all,

you don't get nothing from trying to figure out as a victim,

even because nobody forgot last time you played this part see how turned it out for you..

https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=735.0

I really hope it really helps you to understand what we're are telling

no hardfeeling but

"live and let die"

Mav

and let new members to express their ideas

(New members from the all whole world are welcome here)

« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 06:04:53 PM by Maverick »

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2010, 06:09:25 PM »
jesus christ, i really don't want to get too deep into this, but making jokes about other people's appearance is imho NOT accepteable. don't know if an apology will do, but that's the least i would expect from you, mav!

btw, it's sad to see that a trusted member like andré who has contributed so much to this forum is being attacked that harsh because of some chinese dude who's done NOTHING but posting CRAP. this is absolute bull****!

hope you guys can somehow settle this and andré comes back.
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!