Dragon's Lair Fans - Arcade Lifestyle
October 23, 2019, 04:51:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ALS'/DLF' : your daily dose of Arcade Life Style...inside the Dragon's Lair!

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: # Gaming Room visit # Italian LunaPark at Riccione/Rimini  (Read 7384 times)
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« on: July 23, 2006, 10:09:50 AM »

During my holyday in Italy this summer 2006,  some walks along the Riccione & Rimini coast allow me to discover many gamerooms on the beach border, where all the tourists walk...
There are 'Luna Park' every 800 meters, which mostly include the same games : Daytona USA, Time Crisis, UFO Catchers, Cranes, Coins pusher, ...

However, here's a selection of  *specific* games     arrow

"Lord of the Rings" pinball  Tongue

Most of Luna Park there have one. We really enjoy to play it  Smiley A little bit expensive to buy it now, but in few years maybe  Shocked

Ouch, nothing to say about that *poor* cab' convertion, from a beautifull Gauntlet Legend to a Soul Calibur jamma  Sad The panel looks horrible  confused  I hope the orginial GL  panel is waiting somewhere in order to reverse that modification...

A lot of  Point Blank too  Smiley  This time, in a Naomi cab'  roll eyes  arrow

As a *huge* Star Wars fan, I can resist to give a try at the "Star Wars Episode I" pinball... well, I don't like it  confused  It looks empty  :cry:  

Cool, an Indy 500 dual cab'  Shocked  I know it well, but I haven't played it since...  Cool  I would like to own this once  roll eyes  lol

Woow... LUPIN III - the shooting  Shocked

I didn't know that game... When I saw the attract mode, I said : "Wooowww... a new laser disc game ? Cliff Hanger II Huh?..."

Well, it's unfortunalely not a new laser disc game, but it's a great shooting game a la "Time Crisis" or "House of Death"  Smiley

... I saw it also in a Naomi cab' :

A lot of DrumMania...

...I whish had one soon  roll eyes  Twisted

In the "Sala Giochi Pyramid", an AIRLINE PILOTS  Tongue  Tongue  Tongue

I play it for the first time two years ago in UK. I really like it. So zen  Shocked
What a beautifull cab isn't it ?

I cannot resist...  Tongue  Tongue  Tongue

Many many pinballs... I like "THE SOPRANOS"  Smiley

What wrong on the following picture Huh?

ZERO GUNNER 2  Shocked  You must try it, a sublime 'modern' shmups, and very playable  !!!

Ok, as a vintage arcade games  collector, my quest in Italia was to found vintage old games of course Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  So here's what I was able to found  

Chase H.Q. & Hang-On ..... wooow  Tongue  Tongue  Tongue

a Vigilante (let's save Madonna...  Cool  Cool  Cool ) and a Double Dragon II  Smiley

...the 'original' Wonderboy  Tongue  Tongue  Tongue  ...

...an Arkanoid, and ...and ... shit I can't recognize it now... I would say 'The Simpsons' ?  oppps  oppps  oppps

...Ah yes  Cheesy  Not a 'vintage' one, but... look at this Gauntelt Legends...

...The first OUT RUN and ... my god ... a SHINOBI  shock  Shocked

... a Puck Man, and an Arkanoid...  Tongue

Have a nice 'arcade' trip if  you go there  Cool  Cool  Cool

arcadefever

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 05:47:19 AM »

wowwww that so great !!!!!!

a shinobi and double dragon  shock  still in route .....

thoose cab remind me of gameroom i use to play in france.....
the same choices of games...

double dragon
wonder boy
shinobi
vigilante
and arkanoid.....

that exactly  my game room set up .....

thanks for sharing, that bring me backs to my 80's  Cheesy

brumo, can i use some of this pictures for my web site Huh??

thank you ...

DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 06:30:49 PM »

Quote from: "arcadefever"

brumo, can i use some of this pictures for my web site Huh??

Of course ArcadeFever... and let me know if you want the full size high res pictures, I'll be glad to send them to you on your mail  

I was really surprised like you to see such oldies sill alive on arcade in 2006  shock  Shocked

Well, mostly of these old games are on a generic cab, but.... hell man, playing Out Run, Vigilante or Wonderboy in a real arcade game in 2006 is a great experience  roll eyes    Smiley  Smiley  Smiley

Let's keep the dream alive  roll eyes  Shocked

jomm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 08:22:05 AM »

I think those games are getting timeless, if they were songs people would call them "evergreens". The only problem is that those games can't compaire with the gamblin' games nowadays, in makin' profit that is.
If I look at my kids, 6 and 5 years of age, they do like to play those games just as much as I liked them at their age, and ofcourse I still like to play those oldies, even if I have to pay for it.
 Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

God must love crazy people, he made so many of them!!
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 09:13:00 PM »

Quote from: "jomm"
and ofcourse I still like to play those oldies, even if I have to pay for it.
 Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

I totally agree with Jomm  Shocked  My wife says that I'm crazy to pay for playing such same oldies...  It's not because it's old games, but she said I'm already playing them at home, for free  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cool

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: