Author Topic: [Collector] : Mike from USA (Long Island NY)  (Read 47517 times)

stefanocsw

• View Profile
Re: [Collector] : Mike from USA (Long Island NY)
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2008, 12:16:18 PM »
Hi Mike,
Your collection is awesome!!
Your Cliff Hanger machine is in mint condition after your restoration and I love this game :)
I keep the eye out for you for a euro/Sidam version...
Thanks you for all parts that you have sold to me
Best regard to you and your family

Stefanocsw

P.S. if you want to see my Sidam Dragon's Lair in action, click on this Youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DYDG1QfsaQ

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2008, 01:48:53 PM »

P.S. if you want to see my Sidam Dragon's Lair in action, click on this Youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DYDG1QfsaQ

Very nice  :P ... fully working (I presume ?) & including the extra monitor on top for the crowd  :-* Beautifull  :P

mike ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2008, 03:12:03 PM »
Hi Stefano,

WOW!!!!!!! your sidam Dragons lair looks awesome!

How have you been? I wanted to e-mail you but I couldn't find your address. Its very nice to hear from you. Thank you for the nice words about my collection.

Keep in touch my friend
                 Mike

stefanocsw

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2008, 07:08:21 PM »
Hi guys!
Thanks for your nice words about my Sidam DL.
Yes, the machine is fully working with all original hardware, included
original Philips laser player and extra Space Ace board and disc with no rot.
The second monitor is originally shipped by Sidam with cabinet in 1984.
I have played this unit in italian arcade until 1995, then I bought it.

Kind Regards
Stefanocsw.

Moon Jump

• View Profile
    • Arcade Hunters
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2008, 06:46:56 PM »
God, I can't believe somebody on Long Island has a collection like this. I'm from Holbrook and I didn't even know there was a Cliff Jumper machine in the state of New York.

Hey Mike, you wouldn't happen to know if any of your Dragons Lair 2 machines is the one they used to have at the Smith Haven Mall in Time Out? I just remember playing it for the first time with the HUGE banner rather then the smaller banner and the digital display.

Keep up the good work with the rest of your collection!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 06:50:08 PM by Moon Jump »

mike ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2008, 10:12:41 PM »
Hi Moon Jump,

WOW!!! it's a small world, I live in Holtsville. Do you collect laser games?

I have a funny story about time out in the Smith Haven mall. I would always go there and play the 91 Space ace. My wife who was my girlfriend at the time didn't mind because she would shop at the mall while I was playing. Anyway, we walked into the mall, she started shopping and I made my way to time out(on the other side of the mall) When I got there it was like a sign from GOD!!!!! A for sale sign on the 91 SA $400. I could have sworn a ray of light was shinning on it from the Heaven hehehe.I plead with the guy to hold it for me but he wouldn't. I remember it like yesterday, O don't worry it wont sell (yea-right) I go running out of the arcade in search of my wife. I don't have my truck with me that day so I have to go home for it. I looked for some time (believe me I thought of leaving her but I couldn't) I finally get home,get the truck make it back and the 91 ace was gone.............. the worker looked at me and  said SORRY MAN, sorry man those words still ring in my ears today.

Well that's my Smith Haven Mall story but no none of my Dragons lair 2 arcades are from time out. I did finally get my hands on a 91 space ace though.

Thank you for the nice words about my collection.
                      Talk to you soon
                      Mike

Moon Jump

• View Profile
    • Arcade Hunters
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2008, 06:47:54 PM »
Heya Mike. Since I still live at home with my folks I don't have any room for any arcade games. I own a 2 Slot Neo-Geo board that I got from the Tri-County Flee Market but nothing with the laserdisk games.

Last May when I went to FunSpot up in New Hampshire and I played their Dragons Lair and Space Ace (Both were running on Daphne,because they died out years ago) and I loved playing them again so much I went right to Digital Leisure and got 20th Anniversary CD Rom they came out with just so I could play it at home without blowing though money just to see the end.

I tried to write to Don Bluth's website if he did sketches like how Chuck Jones did before he passed away and I didn't get an answer back. I've looked at a lot of different conventions for any Dragon's Lair and Space Ace artwork but their WAY too rich for my blood. One dealer at Otakon had Dirk's death with the pile of skulls.

Be sure to check out my website. My friends and I do arcade reviews. We're in the process of getting a new camera so the videos will come out better. I'd love to do a tour of your arcade just to show people all of the different versions of the game as well as all of the kick ass collectibles you have.

mike ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2008, 11:39:58 PM »
Hi Moon Jump,

I am sorry! I thought I responded to this post, I guess I didn't. I was looking at the new post from Bruno today and seen I never responded.

I did check out your site very cool keep up the good work. I would love for you to come over to check out the collection and take some pictures. I am in the process of looking for a Euro Dragons lair now, I will keep you posted. You can e-mail me at mikmichkay@aol.com

Again, Thank you for the nice words about my collection
Mike  ;D

amadama

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2008, 08:05:14 PM »
Wow, you've been a busy guy Mike! Congrats with the upgraded collection. BTW: My DL2 is still in my garage!
Talk to you soon,
Alex

mike ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2008, 03:49:23 AM »
Hi Alex,

It is nice to hear from you, how have you been my friend.

I am sending a e-mail now
           Regards
           Mike

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2009, 10:17:45 PM »
UP!  8)

...and the entire Mike's collection can be seen on a dedicate page, right here  :arrow:

Impressive!!!  :shock: :)

:spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

logan

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2009, 09:40:02 AM »
Fu*kin' Impressive!!! WOW!  :o :o

Sonic 1992

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • I Wanna Go Back !
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2009, 05:19:27 PM »
Impressed to the MAX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :shock:

Gorgeous Collection!  A+++++++++++++++++  ;D

I hope to be able to add SA & SA 91 to my collection also!  :D

Great Work Mike!!!  :spaceace:  :spaceace:  :spaceace:

Dexter

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2009, 09:34:37 PM »
Mike's collection is amazing  ;D

I want to add a Dedicated Space Ace and a SA 91 to my collection too

mike ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2009, 02:04:39 AM »
Hi Guys,

Thank you very much for the nice words about my collection, it makes it all worth it. I very much enjoy sharing my collection with you all. Yes, the dedi Space Ace is one of my favorite cabs ( I guess you can tell) to be honest though, I have sold one since the picture. I am now looking to add the Euro and Australian  DL/SA cabs as well. If I can help you in your quest on finding anything please let me know.

I haven't had a chance to post everything on the site yet, I will be posting more soon www.dragons-lair-experience.com

Thank you again guys,
              Regards
              Mike