Author Topic: Wells Gardner 19k7901 problems  (Read 7018 times)

baritonomarchetto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Wells Gardner 19k7901 problems
« on: December 30, 2009, 10:05:47 AM »
Hi all,

i have recently bought a dedicated atari badlands cab with dead monitor. I am trying to repair it, with the intention of keeping the original Wells Gardner 19K7901 mounted by the factory.

Initially the problem was the fuse: it instantly blows when switching on the amusement machine. Then, i changed the HOT (Q11 in the manual): the fuse was ok now, but arcs where visible in the upper part of the flyback transformer (the one surrounded by black tape). After a couple of this, the HOT was shorted again... maybe this was the starting problem...

My first try will be the isolation of the upper part of the flyback to see if this stop arcs.

Then, i i wanna change the flyback transformer, but i wanna be sure to buy the correct one (check the photo).

I heard of the possibility of a Zenith version of this monitor (and this would be bad considering that those are very rare) and i had a TZ 1167-01 HOT originally...

can someone confirm which flyback i have with this infoes? Where can i buy it?

Thanks a lot

PS: what's the name of that upper part, surrounded by black tape (i am trying to isolate it in this way...)
"A true Gentleman leaves no puzzle unsolved"

italiandoh

• Italy
    • View Profile
Re: Wells Gardner 19k7901 problems
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 02:22:40 PM »
can someone confirm which flyback i have with this infoes? Where can i buy it?

The type and model of the flyback is usually written on a label applied to it. If the label has fallen off or is unreadable, then use the monitor model as a reference.

PS: what's the name of that upper part, surrounded by black tape (i am trying to isolate it in this way...)

It should be this component: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltage_tripler.

Matteo

baritonomarchetto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 01:42:11 PM »
Thanx Matteo for the answer. Is that component removable or is integrated with the flyback transformer?

italiandoh

• Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 01:56:31 PM »
Thanx Matteo for the answer. Is that component removable or is integrated with the flyback transformer?

It depends on the monitor/TV model. Sometimes it's a separate component and sometimes not. In your case it appears to be coming together with the flyback transformer, so I guess that if you go out and buy a new flyback the tripler will come with it.

Matteo

baritonomarchetto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 01:59:51 PM »
Thanks man: where can i buy such component here in Italy?  Some online shop, eventually?