Author Topic: Importing cabs from the USA  (Read 29719 times)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Importing cabs from the USA
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2009, 12:48:36 PM »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2009, 12:54:06 PM »
You already know what I want..... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

But just in case:

-Quantum (Wahahahaha, 0 chance)
-Lunar Lander
-Lunar Lander
-Lunar Lander
-Lunar Lander
-Lunar Lander
-Lunar Lander
-Lunar Lander
-Lunar Lander
-Lunar Lander
-Lunar Lander
-Any Atari Vector
-Q*bert
-Anything Nintendo
-a gigantic gameroom
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 12:56:51 PM by Level42 »

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2009, 07:48:34 PM »
i'd be in for a TAPPER - this is one of the nicest cabinets ever made. BURGERTIME would also be fabulous.

but how is this going to work (if the deal ever comes through)? are you going to make a list of the games people want and then "order" them from the states or are you telling your contact "get whatever you can" and whatever he gets is sold to the highest bidder over here?
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2009, 08:45:37 PM »
but how is this going to work (if the deal ever comes through)? are you going to make a list of the games people want and then "order" them from the states or are you telling your contact "get whatever you can" and whatever he gets is sold to the highest bidder over here?

It will not be a matter of ordering specific wanted cabs, but it won't also be just a blind buy. Just wait and watch this space. But I will add tapper to my wanted list, you never know how a cow catches a hare.

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2009, 09:14:07 PM »
hmmmm, beginning to sound VERY interisting....

R-Type Dedicated please...!
And a nintendo cab (DK,DKJ,DK3,MB,Popeye)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2009, 09:33:37 PM »
YES - R-TYPE  :-*
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2009, 10:29:21 PM »
You guys can have the R-type, I'll take the Burger Time (forgot to put that on my list) :)

Sinterklaas kapoentje, gooi wat in mijn schoentje, gooi wat in mijn laarsje, dank u Sinterklaasje !
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

skov

• View Profile
    • vudu.dk
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2009, 10:33:14 PM »
So many choices  ???

Well:
Track & Field
DK
Galaga
Star Wars
Q*bert

Any of those would be sweet  ;D

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2009, 08:25:41 AM »
still don't know how this is supposed to be going down. we have many people wanting a burgertime for example. let's say you get ONE - what next? highest offer gets it? just curious ...

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2009, 09:25:13 AM »
still don't know how this is supposed to be going down. we have many people wanting a burgertime for example. let's say you get ONE - what next? highest offer gets it? just curious ...

That's easy, if we just have one ....... it's mine  :D

No, the idea behind this is that I want to import some nice games, in first instance for myself. And I considered bying a few from the US, but that's actually no option because of the high purchase price (bying one or two cabs is much more expensive than bying a bulk) and the additional shipping costs, which is also very high for just a few cabs.

Then I decided to try to go for a container load. Costs per cab will be much lower and I have more choice. But obviously most games will be sold again, and that's why I want to know upfront which cabs are generally wanted.

So, don't consider this as a group buy or something like that, I will not take orders upfront, nor will I take advance payments. I will decide which cabs I will sell in which way after I bought the cabs and also probably after I have them here and visiually inspected them. But you can be assured, I will sell cabs in a decent way, so everybody gets a fair chance to get the cab they desire.

jcp

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2009, 11:48:44 AM »
Just in case, I'm ok for a Joust  ;).

petieken

• Belgium
    • View Profile
    • My VAPS Entry
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2009, 09:26:41 PM »
I'd be interested in Guerrilla War 8)
Wanted: Cadillacs and Dinosaurs CPS1 Q-Sound pcb | SegaSonic The Hedgehog Art & instruction set

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2009, 09:43:01 AM »
I would we interested Double Dragon

robotype

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2009, 05:59:48 PM »
 :arrow: hey guys! I am doing the exact same thing, my boat is actually in the middle of the ocean right now. I don't know about customs in netherlands or belgium but I am in Italy, and this could be a real suicide. I know a guy who abandoned a container full of em pins because customs asked him more than what he paid including shipping :o. so there is a good chance my games will rot in some deposit near genova...another thing: ever received a pcb or a marquee from usa in an empty carton box without foam or chips or even bubblewrap? imagine 20 cabs inside a big metal box bouncing and shaking for 2 weeks... ;D so make sure your contact is a good contact!  :!:

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2009, 07:34:05 PM »
Hi, yes, I heard that you are doing this. That's great. Did you have to pay export tax because you transpor cabs to another country?

...... so there is a good chance my games will rot in some deposit near genova

:o Don't tell me that you didn't look into this on forehand? Before I will execute my idea, I will know pretty sure which 'overhead' costs I can expect to have.

so make sure your contact is a good contact!  :!:

Yes, I know how important that is. Fortunately I think that I have a very good contact. In fact, I will meet him myself because I intend to go to the USA when I buy the cabs, and I will pack and supervise the packing myself. I will combine my trip with a short holiday, visit a nice location in New Hampshire amongst others.