Author Topic: Tomorrow: Something BIG is about to happen !  (Read 76566 times)

toibs

• View Profile
Re: Tomorrow: Something BIG is about to happen !
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2009, 11:51:26 PM »
Congrats Level 42 on a great haul!!!

There's loads of us from the UK pinball group would like to know abotu where this place is, and contact info - We'd like to carry out our own warehouse raid on all the pinball stuff that's there!!

Please pass on the info!!

Best Regards
Paul

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2009, 10:31:39 AM »
It doesn't get more crazy then this! :o :o
I need one of those Taito cabs, my girlfriend wants a Bubble Bobble :spaceace: :spaceace:

Congrats and it's nice to know that raids like this are possible in Europe!

« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 10:38:56 AM by gyruss »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2009, 08:37:49 PM »
Thanks guys.

I've been swamped by responses, and I will answer all, but please give me some time.

The second Centipede has found it's home in the heart of Holland. I had to work very close to RonaldReagan's place so this morning (in the pouring rain) I loaded up the Centi, and delivered it after work.

I had replaced one of the RAMs on the PCB but it still gave an error at M7 (7 beeps), although we now still only had a quarter of the screen filled with letters, instead of the entire bottom half.....
Guess it will be fixed soon enough :)

Enjoy the machine !!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2009, 01:06:09 AM »
OK here are the older pictures. Those are from about 2 years ago (not taken by me).

Before I get questions: Asteroids, Asteroids Deluxe, Space Invaders were sold when I got there...

« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 01:12:35 AM by Level42 »

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2009, 06:57:13 AM »
that one space invaders seemed to have been in nice condition. i wonder why the person who picked it up didn't get the berzerks or the armor attacks - those are games you simply can't leave behind ...

but good for you andrĂ©  :)
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2009, 08:31:40 AM »
And for you ;)

The Amor Attack is rare for sure, but you also have to actually know what it is. Everybody knows Asteroids and Space Invaders.
Plus, apart from being a vector game, it's a Cinematronics vector game and the electronics on those are not for your "average Joe" to repair....

Seeing the pics there were at least 2 maybe 3 SI's and indeed they looked pretty good ( a LOT better than mine).

When I went over, the machines I really wanted were the Asteroids Deluxe, Berzerk and maybe the Asteroids. Regretfully the Asteroidses were gone, but you don't hear me complaining at all.... :D
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 10:16:37 AM by Level42 »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2009, 10:14:42 AM »
Guys, I put up a resto thread for my Berzerk machine on BYOAC:

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=97846.0

More pics of the Berzerks there now :)

Ronald Reagan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2009, 11:17:26 AM »
awesome pics, nice pinball machines too! what a warehouse :ghost: :ghost: :ghost:
An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2009, 12:16:49 PM »
Cool pictures! I have never seen mechanized attack, looks really cool. Two uzi's!! You got to love SNK.

Also those taito cabs :o :o :o

atarikid

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2009, 12:46:30 PM »
Just poppin in this thread.
I think I know this place. Isn't this in Antwerp? About three years ago I visited this place (or it is a very similar place anyway).
Didn't they have a attic too with very old stuff? (mostly pinballs and tabletops)

I bought a Star Trek NG pinball overthere.

Coder of EasyMame
- Pinball Star Trek NG
- Mame cabinet

jcp

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2009, 06:57:18 PM »
About the Puck Man cab, here, you can find the "backglass" :

That seems to be ok in order to have the complete cab :

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2009, 09:29:09 PM »
Sorry guys, two times no.

It's not in or near Antwerp. And there isn't an attic and there were 0 table tops (or cocktails).

Puckman bezel: That is the correct one for my version of that cabinet (the full upright), but it looks  like it won't fit the one at the warehouse. Look at the wide band of artwork above the glass opening for the monitor and compare to the current one...

Here's mine:

« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 09:32:29 PM by Level42 »

jcp

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2009, 09:37:20 PM »
Indeed, the top part of the bezel should be thinner than the one I've seen upper :oops: (very nice artwork however!).

PaulSwan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • ZZZ
    • View Profile
    • The Zaccaria WWW Site
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2009, 04:58:40 AM »
Tha Zac's look like Vanguards & Super Cobras, with one Vanguard looking still original. It sort of looks like one may have a Frogger control panel but it's hard to tell.

Paul.
ZZZ

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2009, 12:42:11 PM »
So, yesterday we had a "meeting" at the warehouse.

Since Ully and Muerto were picking up their Berzerks anyway, we figured it was nice to go there. JCP expressed to be very interested in the sit-down Power Drift, and Ckong and Arcadecollection (who are both also from Holland) wanted to go and visit too.

Regretfully ArcadeCollection had to work as he really wanted to go there too.

So, there was a "second raid" going on. All the pinballs had been sold between the moment I picked up the Berzerks and Centi's and yesterday....... :(

However there was still plenty of nice stuff.

Ckong ended up picking up a _VERY_ nice looking Zaccaria Vanguard plus some nice high-res (VGA) monitors.
Ully picked up his long searched Breakout in _VERY_VERY_ nice condition. He had to shift around quite a number of cabs (incl. Breakouts and Super Breakouts) to pick out the nicest looking one, but it sure was worth it :)
This is now temporarily stored at my place since he could only fit the Berzerk in his car (which was an impressive thing by itself, Berzerk is HUGE).
Muerto picked up a very nice looking Super Breakout cab for a friend in Denmark. And of course his Berzerk was loaded up. Both actually fitted on top of each other on the sides in his van.

Regretfully, the Power Drift was not up to JCP's expectations and he didn't buy it, even though the seller did a very nice last offer IMHO.
Thanks for the Sega button JCP, will look much nicer than the burnt one that is on my PD upright now.

While shifting cabs we did some very nice discoveries. I knew I had seen one Atari cab (stickers on the back) from the US (so pre-Ireland factory) but I didn't recognize the shape. We shifted cabs a bit, saw some artwork that only showed some purple looking rocks, and we all were puzzled by it. So more shifting and turned it around and it turned out to be an Atari Avalanche !!!!
Very rare indeed I guess. B/W game. Cab looked in pretty nice shape. I remembered reading about this game that the gameplay is much like Activision's Kaboom ! for the Atari 2600.

We also noticed a Galaxia, a Bertolini licensed version of Galaxian (at least, the CP mentioned NAMCO). I found this a bit weird. The thing is that Bertolini also built the Galaxian cabs that look almost identical to Namco's original Galaxian.....
This one had completely different artwork, different cab shape etc.

I didn't bring my camera but Ully and Muerto did, so expect pics from them soon !

It was great meeting all of you (again) and I really enjoyed the trip. I'm also glad that most of you guys picked up something nice !

Today, the last Centi will be picked up by ArcadeCollection at my place. Then all the cabs of the original pick-up are gone ! Very happy about that, but also a bit sad that the 3 Berzerks were together for the last time yesterday (there's a nice "farewell" picture made) and that I had to disappoint some people who were also interested.

Still, there's more stuff left. Taito, Zaccaria cabs etc.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 12:43:48 PM by Level42 »