Dragon's Lair Fans - Arcade Lifestyle
November 12, 2019, 04:37:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ALS'/DLF' : your daily dose of Arcade Life Style...inside the Dragon's Lair!

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Space Ace -> THE restoration !!!  (Read 114754 times)
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2006, 01:00:01 PM »

Quote from: "Igorstellar"

the adhesive atari misses only you

I am of it' creating one for poing  
does it interest?  

Great Igor  Smiley

Once you'll finish the Atari logo, the idea would be to print few of them and of course share them with the community  

Go Go GO  Smiley

FINNY(uk)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2006, 08:34:51 PM »

Bruno,

Thanks for looking after my Space Ace...Can I have it back now?? LOL

Just kidding, you have done a great job, and you deserve every game you get, congratulations on getting the final game for the trilogy, your the man Bruno.

-Jas

"Aim for the Moon! if you fall short your be with the Stars"
Igorstellar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2006, 02:05:01 PM »

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy
HEHEHEHEEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy
po|ng

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2006, 03:03:13 AM »

What a job, Bruno!! Your hands turned that old crappy cab to a factory new Space Ace! Simply stunning!  shock  lol

The electronical solution you used is quite similar to the one I choose for my (still WIP) DL repro cab: autostarting Daphne with real laserdisc (mine is with MPEGs).
This make me think a pair of questions for you:

You (like me) don't want a Cinematronics score leds display between your speakers grilles, or an annunciator board under the control panel (european pride!!  Cheesy ) . So, I suppose that this time you (like me) are forced to play SA using the USA ROMs, and without being able to see your score and your remaining lives (no fat blue screens  Sad ).
Daphne 0.99.8 will probably support Euro versions of DL and SA, but to have the overlay emulated, it will be mandatory to use MPEGs (this was the first reason for me to choose not to use real LDs) . If you are going to convert your game to the Euro version in the future, which approach are you thinking about? And how do you select the skill level this time?

Congratulations again for the great work!

Igor: era per me la scansione dell'adesivo? Grazieee!!!! Continuo a non sapere come avrei fatto senza il tuo aiuto!
A presto!
Igorstellar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2006, 02:00:03 PM »

poing
my friend I knew that it served you this adesive and I had promised you that did this Cheesy  Cheesy
I know that a lot of time has passed but I hope that yours attended is winning  Cheesy   Cheesy

it now misses only the writing under

bye bye  
igor
P.S
lo scrivo in italiano  
almeno  te mi ringrazi anche se e' passato del tempo ... invece di infamarmi  malamente come e' diventato di moda ultimamente
ciao
igor
slowcade

Norway

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2007, 08:45:55 PM »

Thank you for this amazing article/thread! It really inspired me and showed me how to start restoring my Euro DL cabinet.  Cheesy

mightypirate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2007, 03:17:22 PM »

Shocked  Shocked  Wow !!!
You really know how to perform "surgery" on cabinets !!!   Smiley
You are our Guru !
Forza Bruno !!!    Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy
MacDLSA

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2007, 10:35:21 PM »

Hi there

For those who still don' t know ... I have to inform that the "newest" upgrade of the Daphne.exe allows to play Space Ace EURO !!!!!!!! ( Mpeg)
The mighty Mark Br. made this REAL !!!!!!!
Also DL "EURO" (ATARI) and "Italian"(Sidam) are completely playable !!!!!!
And if you still don't have a good "PAL" Mpeg you can "simply" convert the NTSC captures with some ... "good" video converting/editing tools !!!!!!
( if I was able to do those conversions , then ALL of you could !!!!!  hehe ! )

Good playing with the FABULOUS "Euro" DL & SA !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marco

Marco"MacDLSA", Daphne Team
irc[dot]enterthegame[dot]com , channels #Daphne / #Lasergames
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2007, 08:30:40 AM »

Quote from: "madsjm"
Thank you for this amazing article/thread! It really inspired me and showed me how to start restoring my Euro DL cabinet.  Cheesy

Hi Madsjm, thanks for comments  Shocked  Now I wanna see few pictures of your EURODL  cab too ...and welcome to this forum my friend  Shocked

Quote from: "mightypirate"
Shocked  Shocked  Wow !!!
You really know how to perform "surgery" on cabinets !!!   Smiley
You are our Guru !
Forza Bruno !!!    Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

Hey Vince.... FORZAAAAA  Cheesy  

Quote from: "MacDLSA"

Marco

shock  Woow ... That is great news  Shocked  Shocked  Thanks Marco for the update  Tongue I'll try that ASAP  arrow

DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2008, 09:29:33 AM »

Back on this (I know this topic is very appreciated, thanx  )

I got this cab' with me three month ago in an exhibition / Pinball Collector close to Paris [France].

If you didn't see the post I've done about that exhibition, have a look at this post.

A lot of pictures of this Space Ace  Smiley It's good to see game back to life... on location ... with players on it  Kiss  Smiley

Orrimarrko

Al modeled for Dirk the Daring...

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2009, 01:06:13 AM »

Absolutely amazing!

I came here to do two things, play some games and drink some beer.  Looks like I'm out of beer...
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2010, 06:02:03 PM »

Hi there

For those who still don' t know ... I have to inform that the "newest" upgrade of the Daphne.exe allows to play Space Ace EURO !!!!!!!! ( Mpeg)
The mighty Mark Br. made this REAL !!!!!!!
Also DL "EURO" (ATARI) and "Italian"(Sidam) are completely playable !!!!!!
And if you still don't have a good "PAL" Mpeg you can "simply" convert the NTSC captures with some ... "good" video converting/editing tools !!!!!!
( if I was able to do those conversions , then ALL of you could !!!!!  hehe ! )

Marco

Got your stuff Marco, thanks  Kiss Kiss Kiss

It's time for me to switch for the US version into ... the EURO one! Yes, the one I used to play back in the Days!  Tongue
Hahh, it's good to finally see that menu back  Grin  arrow

...and more interesting... to see the score...at last!  arrow

On the first games, I'm not very good... I'll have to check if there are some timing differences between the US and Euro version?

Anyway...what a great job done by the Daphne team!  Kiss

Ok, one more thing is missing to make this cabinet complete... the Atari logo! Still no reproduction available somewhere by the way?

Space Ace Space Ace Space Ace

MacDLSA

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2010, 10:15:32 PM »

I'm glad to hear that, Bruno !
And I'm also happy to see your cab running "my" Space Ace - Euro !

Notice that:
*the attract mode is 100% the same as the one played by the VP932, so withOUT the very first trumpet of the beginning "fanfare"   Cheesy !
*the left-sided 3rd scene "Dodging the beams" (the one that begins with the StarPac landing on Borf's ship in the left side of the screen) begins with a shorter Dexter's scream "Ah-Haaa! Borf is here!".

CHECK and GET those differences between the EURO and the U.S., and you'll see I'm right  Wink Cool !

*The timing is slightly different from the U.S. revision A2, and it's basically due to the fact that A2 has an "incremental" difficulty in the moves timing, while the EURO revision has NOT ! It's a matter of 1/10 sec. only, but even if it really is a "small" difference Dex could easily die in this situation if the player is used with the EURO game and not with the U.S. one, so he could do a move too late Wink.
Vice versa the U.S. player could die playin' on the EURO making certain move too soon...  Grin
Finally, EURO Space Ace is considered less difficult than U.S. A2 !

AH !
... an Atari Logo ?
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_Aus_3scYLgs/TNcWSnD5jZI/AAAAAAAACCM/jcb-XOEij9U/s512/ATARI%20DL%20logo.jpg
 Wink  Cool

DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2010, 08:22:29 PM »

Regarding the Atari logo, already have it (see this topicWink ... but ... a little bit lazy to find someone who print it on the right material  Roll Eyes (you know that sticker seems very heavy and much thick than normal sticker). So maybe already available in the right material for sale somewhere? ... but I don't think so confused

MacDLSA

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2010, 09:21:25 PM »

Well, I cuold ask to Igor &/or Teo to know something more about the specific material.
When we know exactly what it is then we could do "something"...
Wink
There's an italian photo-works site that could print almost everything onto every known material...
I use to make them print for me repro-boxes for my VCS loose carts, banners, posters and even adhesives...
Maybe they could help Wink !

And what about the other adhesive(s) attached just under the loudspeaker grill(s) ?
Teo's cab has also this/those and if I remember well they're all written in german... just like in the very first Atari cab I saw 26 years ago Smiley !

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: