Dragon's Lair Fans - Arcade Lifestyle
September 16, 2014, 06:54:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ALS'/DLF' : your daily dose of Arcade Life Style...inside the Dragon's Lair!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Roadtrip] Gone Ape (Congo Bongo)  (Read 7740 times)
arcadefever

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2009, 07:29:33 PM »

Smiley

Nice road trip !!!! that Congo Bongo is in a great shape.....
I almost got one few months ago....

Great catch !!!!  pacman pacman pacman pacman pacman pacman pacman

Etienne MacGyver
ArcadeLifeStyler'

The Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2009, 06:55:24 PM »

Congrats ully ! , nice catch, and wonderfull documented story ! (as always...  Cheesy)

Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2009, 06:08:08 PM »

in between working on all my other projects, i'm thinking about how to proceed with my congo bongo. let me show it to you again  arrow

i've already "complained" about the woodgrain sideart, i think it's ok on very old games like pong or tank, but later games should either have full sideart or at least a plain color with a sticker on it. as bruno already pointed out, there are two versions: one with woodgrain and one with plain brown sides.

i'd love to find brown vinyl or even better laminate to replace that woodgrain, however there is one problem: the sideart! do you think it will come off in one piece when i remove the woodgrain stuff or is there some other way to get it off without damaging it? of course, IF i give it a go (which i'm not even sure about), i'll make a scan of that sideart first so that in the worst case scenario i can have it reproduced.

what do you guys think?

@level42: haven't you at some point in time been looking for laminate (or whatever it is called) for your mario bros.? if i remember correctly, you also ordered some free laminate samples, right? where was that?

looking for vector games: lunar lander / black widow / red baron / quantum / cosmic chasm
Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2009, 07:04:13 PM »

Why not use the method that CKONG did on his DK ?
That is, if the woodgrain is not a structure of course.

It was from Formica (www.formica.eu) and some others....

ckong
ArcadeLifeStyler'

The Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2009, 08:49:50 PM »

Why not use the method that CKONG did on his DK ?
That is, if the woodgrain is not a structure of course.

Will be a difficult job with this side art, much more and complex curves. And with DK I had the luck that it is a thick sticker, with an edge you can clearly feel and use as a cutting guide of the masking vinyl. I don't know if this also the case with Congo. Could be worht a try, but indeed, first scan it.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: