Author Topic: [Roadtrip] Gone Ape (Congo Bongo)  (Read 28590 times)

arcadefever

• View Profile
    • http://www.arcadefever.net
Re: [Roadtrip] Gone Ape (Congo Bongo)
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2009, 07:29:33 PM »
 :)

Nice road trip !!!! that Congo Bongo is in a great shape.....
I almost got one few months ago....

Great catch !!!!  :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2009, 06:55:24 PM »
Congrats ully ! , nice catch, and wonderfull documented story ! (as always...  :D)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2009, 06:08:08 PM »
in between working on all my other projects, i'm thinking about how to proceed with my congo bongo. let me show it to you again  :arrow:

i've already "complained" about the woodgrain sideart, i think it's ok on very old games like pong or tank, but later games should either have full sideart or at least a plain color with a sticker on it. as bruno already pointed out, there are two versions: one with woodgrain and one with plain brown sides.

i'd love to find brown vinyl or even better laminate to replace that woodgrain, however there is one problem: the sideart! do you think it will come off in one piece when i remove the woodgrain stuff or is there some other way to get it off without damaging it? of course, IF i give it a go (which i'm not even sure about), i'll make a scan of that sideart first so that in the worst case scenario i can have it reproduced.

what do you guys think?

@level42: haven't you at some point in time been looking for laminate (or whatever it is called) for your mario bros.? if i remember correctly, you also ordered some free laminate samples, right? where was that?
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2009, 07:04:13 PM »
Why not use the method that CKONG did on his DK ?
That is, if the woodgrain is not a structure of course.

It was from Formica (www.formica.eu) and some others....

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2009, 08:49:50 PM »
Why not use the method that CKONG did on his DK ?
That is, if the woodgrain is not a structure of course.

Will be a difficult job with this side art, much more and complex curves. And with DK I had the luck that it is a thick sticker, with an edge you can clearly feel and use as a cutting guide of the masking vinyl. I don't know if this also the case with Congo. Could be worht a try, but indeed, first scan it.