Author Topic: Higscore database - Puckman/PacMan week!  (Read 5060 times)

JG

• View Profile
Higscore database - Puckman/PacMan week!
« on: October 13, 2009, 11:16:02 PM »
Hi all,

Maybe I should introduce myself? I'm 38 - divorced and live with 7-8 arcade games and (my first) pinball machine (Mr & Mrs PacMan - 1982) in a 3 room apartment in Sweden (90 sqm). It's filled up and I've got (console/arcade-) junk everywhere.

Yesterday, to make myself feel better I fired up my puckman cocktail (namco 1979) to play a few rounds of Puckman, My Highscore is around 50k, and top high score (some mame dude) at Arkadtorget (http://www.arkadtorget.se - the main Swedish site for arcade games) is around 60K. So I decided that this week is puckman week, and this sunday at 2100 (Emt +1) I'll better have 100K on my puckman game. And once I've got 100K I could start to aim for 1.000K! (OMG! One million!)

So my question is, do you guys here have any "scoreboard", HighScore database? or something like that online?  Where you "battle" each other? Would you be interessted to take part in a HSDB (Highscore database) if we where to set something up and running in Sweden?

But mostly and shortly, are there anyone here that would like to fight with me for a Puckman/PacMan highscore untill sunday (18th oct) 2100.  Highest score here or at Arkadtorget (http://www.arkadtorget.se) wins a nice gift (so far I have no idea what this will be - but I'll find something Puckman/Pacman) and send to the winner. Don't own a Puckman/Pacman? play it in mame but everyone, please tell with your score how you played the game, thanks.

are you game? Please post your scores in this thread and I'll summon up with what the Swedish fans can perform...

And some easy rules, we don't check your score, if you cheat you are a looser.

Questions and scores? please post in this thread.

btw.. Today I got my Bombjack PCB with a jamma adapter from Japan and that might very well be the next game up for a HighScore competion if you ask me - it was so much more fun than expected to get this game.

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Higscore database - Puckman/PacMan week!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 06:57:04 AM »
Welcome here JG  :spaceace:

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 08:10:49 AM »
Hi JG! Welcome to this board  :-*

7 - 8 arcade games? this S-C-R-E-A-M-S for photos  ;)
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 03:19:38 PM »
+1

JG

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 08:26:06 PM »
Nice to meet you all, I've been lurking here for awhile so I'm not totally new.

They are spread out around the apartment, I'll try to snap some pictures that shows off the games but hides the mess.

and no one up for a little puckman?  ::)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 08:50:16 PM »
Sorry, my Puckman is not working yet....but even so, I can't reach those scores.

However.....DK, I could give that a try :D

JG

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 11:05:58 PM »
No scores from anyone, not here and not in Arkadtorget.se - so it's cheap for me to not have to deliver prices.

Did not even beat my own highscore, I'll just have to play even more  :ghost: