Author Topic: Eurocade..2013 !  (Read 234998 times)

PunkRockCaveman

• View Profile
Re: Eurocade..2013 !
« Reply #420 on: September 17, 2013, 09:37:20 AM »
"Too far away" and "No space left" never were valid excuses for not coming to an event or buying a cab. Someone made that up and since then it's an urban myth that you can only place a certain amount of machines in one spot and that it doesn't pay if you drive hundrets of kilometers just to play those old crappy videogames. ;)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #421 on: September 17, 2013, 10:12:57 AM »
Thanks Cebulba !

Well, I can officially announce that the total number of visitors for the entire weekend was:

300   !!!!

Uh, oops......I forgot one number there it was:

This was WAY WAY more than we ever dared to dream of, in fact, it was the most successful event at Beeld & Geluid ever !!!! (Excluding stuff like organized by TV/Radio, like Top2000 Café)

The good thing was that because there were so much things to do, it never became really unpleasantly busy, at least that was my impression.

It is also a major boost for Pieter because he kinda put his head on the chopping block by getting this thing from the ground within Beeld & Geluid, but he can laugh now. Laugh very loud  ;D ;D

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 17, 2013, 10:18:56 AM »
"Too far away" and "No space left" never were valid excuses for not coming to an event or buying a cab. Someone made that up and since then it's an urban myth that you can only place a certain amount of machines in one spot and that it doesn't pay if you drive hundrets of kilometers just to play those old crappy videogames. ;)
Exactly! ... and if people regard you as a crazy weirdo, just pull out that Game Boy out of your pocket and eat it like a wild beast in front of them...

Here's a cellphone video of the atrium area where the consoles, candies and cocktail tables were displayed.
Once again I felt like a kid in a candy store and should have paused longer on each game to film the beauty of it properly (You can barely see the Star Castle and Space Zap for instance).
Oh, well, at least it exists: Consoles+Jap Cabs+Cocktails

I also have a vid of the handhelds/vitrines/market part of the exhibition, will post it soon.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 10:56:22 AM by chrischris »

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 17, 2013, 10:24:27 AM »

more of these please! Anybody has some nice pics on the setup (before and after - with lightning?). Most of my pics went blurry.

I think I have some (but not panoramic versions), give me a couple of days and I'll send you a link.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 10:26:34 AM by chrischris »

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 17, 2013, 10:38:23 AM »
Here's a cellphone video of the Handhelds/Vitrines/Market area.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #425 on: September 17, 2013, 10:59:32 AM »
http://www.gamecloud.nl/videos/67724/gctv-retro-game-experience/

and.....the first 2 negative responses.....can't please some of spoilt youth.....50 arcade machines was "too few"......hey, next time we won't miss ya ;) =>

(The review is quite positive, but the two replies from visitors not)....:
http://games.fok.nl/special/617590/1/1/50/retro-game-experience.html

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #426 on: September 17, 2013, 11:19:04 AM »
Sorry that most reports are in Dutch, but here's an excellent one in English and it even made me laugh. Very well written and a good capture of the whole event IMHO :)

http://thevideogamehistorian.wordpress.com/2013/09/16/retro-report-retro-game-experience/#comment-90

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 17, 2013, 11:34:48 AM »
I have the video's as a copy on my youtube channel, when i got the time, i want to sub them in english for our foreign visitors.

If there is anybody that wants to translate the video's, let me know, then i only need to do the timestamping and uploading.

Here the links :

Gamecloud's video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CQ5V_luJeY

Gamergeek's video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM9_Ge--8PQ

Hart van Nederland: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFUIqWeH_6Q

So i want to sub 3 video's..   Who wants to help ?

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 17, 2013, 11:35:19 AM »
Sorry that most reports are in Dutch,

Yes, shame on you! ;)  (does anybody know a DECENT online translator? It would at least help to understand the text)

but here's an excellent one in English and it even made me laugh. Very well written and a good capture of the whole event IMHO :)

http://thevideogamehistorian.wordpress.com/2013/09/16/retro-report-retro-game-experience/#comment-90

This is indeed a great text to read and made me laugh, too :)

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 17, 2013, 11:55:09 AM »
Video from Leidsch Dagblad: http://www.leidschdagblad.nl/regionaal/metropool/article24563013.ece/Pac-Man-Mario-en-Space-Invaders-in-Beeld-en-Geluid?lref=sll
Heyyyy! that's me bashing the Bishi Bashi at 1min10sec  ;D (Thanks again Luigi and Capt. Kirk for bringing that huge beast!)
...and that's my beloved Taito Space Invaders at 1min27sec... yes, gentlemen, it's the one from the Duke of Lancaster ship in UK...
 :spaceace: ...excuse me but my proudness meter is going slightly nuts  :oops:
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 11:57:39 AM by chrischris »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #430 on: September 17, 2013, 12:14:51 PM »
Best looking SI I've ever seen. Taito version smokes Bally-Midway. It performed great too :)

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 17, 2013, 12:22:52 PM »
Best looking SI I've ever seen. Taito version smokes Bally-Midway. It performed great too :)
Excuse me for a moment, please, I have to go to the bathroom do my official frantic dance of joy (I'm at work ATM). ;D ;D ;D

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 17, 2013, 12:47:28 PM »
By the way gentlemen, here's the reason why I thought 'The Video Craze' would be shown in red/green-3D:

LINK

;)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #433 on: September 17, 2013, 12:57:19 PM »
Don't know how you guys felt, but I was there when the arcade-room got closed down at the end of the day on sunday. (not on the saturday).

When the room was empty, I was overwhelmed with the feeling.....OK, now let my Eurocade/DLF friends in and let's game and party !!!

*IF* this event is ever going to return, for me this will be a must.

Saturday after public is gone, we have a nice (well arranged....) dinner at the Café and then head back up to game as we please until like 0.00hr and then move to the Hotel for drinks at the bar....

It's that, or Eurocade returns in it's old shape. I don't know yet. Don't want to think about it yet....really split by the success of RGE and the "cosy" atmosphere of being between Eurocade/DLF friends....both are great in their own way....

PunkRockCaveman

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 17, 2013, 12:59:45 PM »
100% agree! Best of both worlds ... ;)