Author Topic: >>> EUROCADE 2011 <<< 3 september 2011 - Europe's own CAX :)  (Read 282806 times)

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
Re: >>> EUROCADE 2011 <<< 3 september 2011 - Europe's own CAX :)
« Reply #165 on: May 04, 2011, 05:36:07 PM »
Too many choices is a rich men's problem  ;)
To tell you the truth I was planning on bringing my tournament table (along with the chosen cab) anyway  ;)
I'm sure we can find a spot for it, maybe even in the entrance where you will check who's coming in?
It would be a nice appetizer before entering the main gameroom.
If no room at all I could also leave it in the back of the van and 4 people at a time can go in there and play a few rounds on it while I wait outside...
... but this would definitely make me look like a pimp in front of your whole neighborhood, especially if I wear my long fur coat...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 05:39:25 PM by chrischris »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #166 on: May 04, 2011, 09:28:55 PM »
Oh man, I get visions:

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 04, 2011, 11:37:14 PM »
Ah Crystal Castles, that would be a great addition! With it's Escher inspired art it's definitely at home in Holland.  :D

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #169 on: May 09, 2011, 08:38:18 PM »
I've just updated the visitors database:

-Level42 [REGISTERED] (Crew)
-CKONG [REGISTERED] (Crew)
-Etienne [REGISTERED] (Crew)
-Robin [REGISTERED] (Crew)
-Gyruss [REGISTERED] (Crew)
-ChrisChris + 1 [REGISTERED]
-Belike + GF [REGISTERED]
-Arcadegek
-PunkRockCaveman [REGISTERED]
-Bencao74 [REGISTERED]
-2-mad
-Polderarcade +1
-Superully [REGISTERED]
-Muerto [REGISTERED]

Maybe:
-Speleo_DE (+ family) [REGISTERED]
-Kroustibat
-ElPancho
-Atarimania
-DarthNuno [REGISTERED]
-Hi
-Reinhold + GF
-Vnera [REGISTERED]

Can I ask everyone who is STILL unregistered PLEASE PM me following info:

1)Avatar name on forum(s):
2)Real (full) name :
3)Full address:
4)e-mail address:
5)mobile phone number:

Please also provide a picture of your face.

Don't worry none of these data or pics will be published or used in any other way than for Eurocade.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 10:17:04 PM by Level42 »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #170 on: May 09, 2011, 10:14:16 PM »
Something we've discussed during the crew meeting and a thing I think we should communicate....

Since we have some technical guys around at Eurocade, it's probably tempting for some of you to think : hey, I've got this (fill in any defective hardware) and maybe the guys at Eurocade can have a "quick" look and fix it in "a couple of minutes".....

I can fully imagine that feeling BUT this is not what we want.
The reasons are simple: we are going to try for the technical guys to actually have a fun day as well. It won't be much fun for them if they spent half the day fixing stuff....
SO.....if you bring a cab, please make sure it is actually working BEFORE you load it. And that's the second reason: we all know these beasties are aging and can show some problems after transport or during the day. Of course, in those cases, our technical guys are willing to have a look to try to fix the problem so the cab will run again. Again, this shouldn't cost them hours at end, so please don't expect that of them....

Of course, this doesn't mean you can't bring anything if you have made PRIOR arrangements with someone and AGREED about it BEFORE Eurocade.....

We all know that the technical guys are the nicest of all of them and often find it hard to say no to help someone, but please don't abuse that :P

Thanks for your understanding !

A second note: Please, when you bring machines, try to set them on Free Play if possible. If not possible, we will have pre-wired push buttons that can be installed temporarily over the credit switches. Usually it's possible to simply put them in without any soldering or other permanent change. Please let us know is your machine will need this or not.

PunkRockCaveman

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 09, 2011, 10:23:59 PM »
Hi!

My Pole Position needs to coined ... the attract mode is missing otherwise. But I can provide a coin pushbutton assembly, no problem ;) the minis will be set to freeplay.

Another short question: In which hotel are you guys staying? I think it's time to get the room reserved or are you working on special bulk rental conditions, Andre? ;)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #172 on: May 09, 2011, 10:30:58 PM »
Yep, coincidently, I will be going to two Hotels tomorrow (the Novotel and the Van der Valk) to see if I can get a good deal.

I'll post about it tomorrow evening.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #173 on: May 11, 2011, 09:19:50 AM »
OK, I've visited both hotels and discussed a deal. Now, for the deal we need between 5 and 10 rooms to be booked. I'm not sure we will actually reach that number, but I had to name a certain number to get a bit of a deal of course.

I've got prices from both hotels and I'll try and see if I can negotiate a ltiitle bit more and report back.

Price INDICATION now is 89 Euro per ROOM per night, incl. breakfast. So, doesn't matter 1 or 2 persons in the room, that's the price....

In the mean time, I think I have 2 rooms which are more or less already definite, one for Belike +GF and one for PunkrockCaveman & Bencao74, both for 2 nights (fri 2 sept - sun 4 sept.)

From the definite visitors list the other guys from abroad are ChrisChris, Superully and Muerto. Maybe you guys can share a room and CC will bring a friend anyway...please discuss this amongst you guys and let me know, also how many nights.

So that would make a total of 4 rooms already. If any guys on the "MAYBE" list already know if they're coming for sure, please let me know ASAP, also because of the room booking.

Remember, it's only 115 days until Eurocade ;)

Also: if any of the Dutch guys still want to stay at the Hotel (for obvious reasons.... who wants to load up his cab after a fabulous day and evening at Eurocade and drive all the way home) ;) please let me know as well...if you share rooms it's only 44,50 , which is already a pretty good price for such a hotel IMHO.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 09:27:19 AM by Level42 »

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 11, 2011, 11:03:18 AM »
Thanks a lot for looking André!
I'm interested in one room for one night for me +1 (probably 'KID' from this forum).

PunkRockCaveman

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 11, 2011, 11:53:22 AM »
Jep, that's cool ... ben and myself are staying the two nights together in one room. I'll bring the chainsaw though, because everbody who once stayed a night in a room with ben knows how active he can get ;):D

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 11, 2011, 06:46:48 PM »
As for the pushbutton solution, i will make some pushbutton rigs, so that does not break the rules of fixing machines  ;)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #177 on: May 19, 2011, 11:04:43 PM »
Very happy that I can add Alpha1, aka as Olly to the MAYBE list.....really hope it turns to ATTENDING my friend !!!!

Also changed Arcadegek to [REGISTERED]

subzero1970

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Steves Scale Arcade Models
« Reply #178 on: May 22, 2011, 04:19:56 PM »
If i didnt live in scotland, id probably attend to

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 22, 2011, 06:29:53 PM »
I don't know if you have though about this, but maby the local media was interested in showing up - spretting the insaneness, so more people could get into this hobby??

I also know it's a risk factor, telling everyone that these old arcades/your gameroom (L42) is located in Ritterkirk now, and when EuroCade has ended....

(i don't know if this question has been asked before...)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 06:34:40 PM by Muerto »