Author Topic: Looking for international / German courier  (Read 3525 times)

bloodflowers

• View Profile
Looking for international / German courier
« on: April 16, 2012, 12:06:25 PM »
Hi - does anyone know any good couriers who will collect a machine (not on a palette) in Germany?  Ideally I need someone who can bring it to the UK, but to another collector in Germany would be fine so I can organise a standard courier to pick it up.  Machine is located in Bremen.

bloodflowers

• View Profile
Re: Looking for international / German courier
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 05:26:30 PM »
well I've got an offer of storage - does anyone know of a decent German courier for non-international?

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 06:35:08 PM »
You should contact Paul50. He seems to ship via the same reliable & cheap shipping company. Some of us (from Germany to Belgium, France...) got games shipped by him via that company without any problem. He may give you its name. Good luck.

Digimon

• Germany - Hamburg
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 07:09:21 PM »
where should the cab go to (from Bremen)?

I am often on the road
Searching Zaccaria Stuff: Fiiter Marquee, Zaxxon CPO, JumpBug CPO or CPO Repro
next project: assemble Zaccaria Cocktail.

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 08:18:43 PM »
You should contact Paul50. He seems to ship via the same reliable & cheap shipping company. Some of us (from Germany to Belgium, France...) got games shipped by him via that company without any problem. He may give you its name. Good luck.
It's Dachser, they only work with companies (not individuals).
I used them through a friend's business and it was indeed perfect and not too expensive.
Paul has better prices because he uses them a lot.

bloodflowers

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 12:17:04 AM »
where should the cab go to (from Bremen)?

I am often on the road

To Superully's house ;)  It's in the south - I'll get the exact town and let you know as soon as I can.

bloodflowers

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 12:17:45 AM »
It's Dachser, they only work with companies (not individuals).
I used them through a friend's business and it was indeed perfect and not too expensive.
Paul has better prices because he uses them a lot.

That would be the same Dascher who damaged my Mystery Castle cabinet then.

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 08:41:09 AM »
Hi all,

I did reverse engineer bloodflowers problem ;) , i.e. want to ship a cab from the UK to Germany (Berlin).

I already contacted Dachser and am waiting for an offer. But I will ask anyway: Is anyone planning a road trip to or from the UK in the next couple of weeks/months?
Looking for a container. Doesn't matter if full or empty. Doesn't matter if working or complete ... And all things Exidy!

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 11:40:31 AM »
Or, as I forgot to mention, might be interested in planning one together? I have an "estate car" and could carry a standard size cab from germany to UK and pick up mine on the way back. It would be hell of a trip, but hey.

Does anyone know how much the ferry back and forth will cost aprox?

I am located in Berlin.

???
Looking for a container. Doesn't matter if full or empty. Doesn't matter if working or complete ... And all things Exidy!

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 12:18:52 PM »
don't use the ferry, use the tunnel - much cheaper, faster and easier (especially when you travel outside the rush hours).

and YES, i am planning a trip to the UK this year, don't know when exactly though!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 12:39:29 PM »
cool! with a proper vehicle like a van or something? any idea yet if your trip is going to happen in Q2, Q3 or Q4? a (very) rough aproximate would be great.

if it's not too long til you go, i would love to jump on the bandwagon. :) let me know what i can do to help...

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2012, 12:56:21 PM »
i'm going to go with a van (as always), hopefully in summer (august), but there are some uncertain factors, e.g. i'm still waiting for a reply ... ;)
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2012, 01:07:28 PM »
well, keep me (us) posted regarding the "reply of fate" then ;)