Author Topic: Looking for screws....  (Read 4953 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Looking for screws....
« on: September 22, 2009, 08:56:01 AM »
Guys, I'm looking for these type of screws:

They were used to fix the back panel on the Star Wars cockpit. I've only got two original one's, all the others had been replaced by previous owners by all kinds of different screws but I want one consistent look.

Any help appreciated.

Ronald Reagan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for screws....
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 12:37:49 PM »
couple of months ago I was looking for some weird old screws too. First I tried all the well known hardware stores, but they couldn't help me and said I should ask in an old small & smelly hardwareshop just around the corner, and ofcourse the old guy working there recognized the screws immediately when I showed one to him. He said: These are English screws and haven't been made since the late 70's, but here I have 4 of them. He charged me 1 euro for it. :)

so try looking in some really old hardware store with employees who have been working there since 1960.
An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.

Zorg

• View Profile
Re: Looking for screws....
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 10:59:45 PM »
as always size matter....

what are the length and diameter of this beast.

do you absolutly want phillips head, or other kind of head can help.

check with DIY audio speakers, I  ordered some from here: http://www.slc35.com/vis-bois-t%C3%83%C2%AAte-cruciforme-noires-pour-enceintes-x100-mzf4018-p-1206.html.