Author Topic: Replacement Handle for TRON Arcade Machines  (Read 7040 times)

arcadefever

• View Profile
    • http://www.arcadefever.net
Replacement Handle for TRON Arcade Machines
« on: July 12, 2009, 07:00:38 PM »
I finally decided to replace my Tron Joystick, with a new one from http://groovygamegear.com

Randy from Groovy game gear as once again deliver another goodie for arcade collector

I f you are building a Mame cab, i strongly suggest you to stop by there web site, you will find anything you need. I have order in the past a few things from them, and they deliver a Great customer service.

Here some of there products:

Home of the Original Button-Hole-Mount Arcade Spinner, The TurboTwist 2™. Also Home to the KeyWiz™, GP-Wiz™ and Opti-Wiz Controls Interfaces, the OMNI-Stik Prodigy™ Panel Top Switchable 4/8-way Joystick System, the LED-Wiz™ Lighting and Output Controller, and Electric ICE™ RGB Illuminated Pushbuttons and Trackballs.

I ordered the Tron joystick, the new trigger, new logo and the screws , i decided to order the full kit ...

Here a description about the Tron replacement handle:

This item is not a copy, reproduction or replica. It's the real deal. The actual materials and injection molds were used. The original color chip was even unearthed and meticulously matched. And, as you can see from the photo, it glows like crazy next to a black light. This is the first time anyone has seen a part like this fresh from production for over 20 years!

3 days after my order i received it  ;)

Well packaged...
So far it look really good...wowwwwwwwwww....
Time to go to work:   :pac:

Ok, i rewire the trigger cables to the new one ( you can rewire the old one if you want, the spot are there for it)

It is time to turn ON the cab and see the result.......

WARNING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What you are going to see may be dangerous for your health ...Pictures are very addictive   ;D

:o
OMG !!! that Joystick is glowing like CRAZYYYYYYY !!!!!
Here is pictures of the old one next to it:

Wowwwwwww ...RANDY THANK YOU SO MUCH !

If you are a Tron Owner, please go get one ASAP ......

http://groovygamegear.com/webstore//

:D

PS: BRUNO get one !!!!!!!!!  :arrow:

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Re: Replacement Handle for TRON Arcade Machines
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 05:33:39 PM »
Yeps Fred, already have it (see here). I got it as a spare one, and I didn't really plan to replace the original one, except if it brakes of course, but, man... regarding your wonderful pictures, it glows like a crazy, I may change my mind  :shock: :o   :-* :-* :-*

Great pictures, as always  :-*

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 06:09:12 PM »
wow  :shock: this glows like crazy. i have to get a tron!!!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Zorg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 02:31:45 PM »
Pics of the Groovy game gear tron hadles are so nice and britle.

PS: Fred, now you also need to order the phoenix arcade's new translite artwork package.   ;)